Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

I wouldn't mind getting into fishing but haven't a clue where to start or what to buy - aye I know a rod, aye I know some kind of bait but wouldn't mind a quick demo from someone.

Absolutely agree, always wanted to, seems simple but just don't know where to start or where to go

Only fished off the pier

for pure relaxation fly fishing is the way to go

its almost zen like once you get casting

its also none of this sitting in one spot lark, put all you need in your pockets and go for a wander

If I am up at cow green I probably do about 8 miles..so its relaxing and its exercise

Exactly what I want to do. Is it hard though? Setting up your gear specifically?

Absolutely agree, always wanted to, seems simple but just don't know where to start or where to go

Only fished off the pier

Exactly what I want to do. Is it hard though? Setting up your gear specifically?

gear wise ..no you can get very reasonably priced kit, and you only really need to be able to tie 1 knot, no complicated rigs like coarse fishing or sea fishing.

its all about technique and I would always recommend a couple of lessons just to learn the basics of casting. we are lucky to live in an area with plenty of water to fish, some free, some day ticket. (unless its salmon you are after in which case it can get expensive!)

Really enjoyed this programme. I tried fishing in my teens for about a year, the only thing i caught in all that time was a duck that swam into my line :lol: You couldn't pay me to try it again when i don't have that kind of time to waste anymore!

Only fished off the pier

Fishing down here is just wonderful particularly the rivers that you rarely see people. Otters though have made a negative impact on the actual fishing however plenty of opportunity and different species to catch.
Would love to do more.
2nd series starts tonight. Can't wait. Absolutely loved the first series...made me feel all warm inside.

What channel as I am lazy to look?

The River Usk.
Runs right next to Newport County’s Ground.
Lovely part of the World in the Countryside around those parts.
Used to go out with a lass from a Village outside Newport thus know that area.

Back