Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

just caught up on this

I love the fact it just goes at its own pace....they are quite happy to to have shots of the landscape or the river with no chat needed

Bob really needs some lessons to cast a fly though....its such a superb way to catch a fish

Haven't seen the first one of the new series yet but will watch that tonight.

I still chuckle at some of the lines from series one. I think my favourite is the episode when they are walking past the graveyard at the start and Bob asks Paul what he would put on Bob's gravestone if he went first.

Paul 'it would just be one word Bob'

Bob 'it's the C word isn't it'

Paul 'yep'

just caught up on fridays....what a glorious river the Tay is

looked up where they where they were staying...looked lovely but 1800 quid for a week

I really cant recomend fly fishing enough as a way to cleanse your soul and rest your mind

I love being out by myself and just switching off everything else

sunset from Friday on my home

Logon or register to see this image

and I think this is a fish from a couple of weeks ago...

Never got the hang of fly but I used to love wading out and spinning with a mepp. Fly is more of an art form and seems less frenetic but certainly nice way to relax and be untouchable thigh deep in a river!

Never got the hang of fly but I used to love wading out and spinning with a mepp. Fly is more of an art form and seems less frenetic but certainly nice way to relax and be untouchable thigh deep in a river!
Love spinning with lures,fly-fishing is more purist they say,a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work so they say :D

Love spinning with lures,fly-fishing is more purist they say,a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work so they say :D

I love fly fishing so much, theres nothing quite like catching a fish on a fly line. watching a fish take a dry fly off the surface is as good as it gets, its so visual and full of anticipation

I love fly fishing so much, theres nothing quite like catching a fish on a fly line. watching a fish take a dry fly off the surface is as good as it gets, its so visual and full of anticipation
Trying to get a permit to fish in Bhutan at the moment,went last year expecting to be able to fish but they don't understand the concept of catch and release nor fishing at all to be honest,huge brown trout in pristine rivers though.

Trying to get a permit to fish in Bhutan at the moment,went last year expecting to be able to fish but they don't understand the concept of catch and release nor fishing at all to be honest,huge brown trout in pristine rivers though.
look superb...imagine casting at fish who have never been fished for before!!

I know its a bhuddist country so its probably alien to them to catch a fish for food or sport. but catch and release fly fishing has been good for Mongolia as its low impact, so theres no reason Bhutan couldnt follow in their footsteps...apart from if youa re wild camping some of the river systems I think they have Tigers still !!

but it would be so exciting to fish essentially virgin rivers, plus they still have mahseer in their river systems as well

I wouldn't mind getting into fishing but haven't a clue where to start or what to buy - aye I know a rod, aye I know some kind of bait but wouldn't mind a quick demo from someone.

... said Bob Mortimer on episode one
Loved every minute of that , fantastic TV
Beautiful scenery , have bookmarked the place they stayed in for our Sept holiday next year

Bastard. No wonder I can't get in.

kidding

Last edited by a moderator:
look superb...imagine casting at fish who have never been fished for before!!

I know its a bhuddist country so its probably alien to them to catch a fish for food or sport. but catch and release fly fishing has been good for Mongolia as its low impact, so theres no reason Bhutan couldnt follow in their footsteps...apart from if youa re wild camping some of the river systems I think they have Tigers still !!

but it would be so exciting to fish essentially virgin rivers, plus they still have mahseer in their river systems as well
They do have tiger,we found some fresh pug marks,and yup there was a WWF mahseer convention in paro when I was there,totally virgin rivers.

I think it is a top programme, but I do take issue with the implication that in those circumstances you have to slow down and take things easy. Nowt wrong with doing that like but I'm 65 and had a double bypass last november, and I've gone back to running, cycling and climbing, which is the the stuff that keeps me happy.
Mind, if I drop down deed next week I suppose I'll look like a right daft git though..

Back