More LGBT Offended Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to suggest that activists on the trans side aren't going over the top. However I would say that Linehan's side of the argument have been needlessly confrontational from the start imho. The state of modern debate I suppose

Linehan has been engaging in vigorous verbal debate, which is the norm for most issues. If you're passionate about something, you defend it passionately. I don't think he's done anything wrong.

What's different about this debate is that the trans activists have sought to ring-fence certain terms and topics, declaring them out of bounds. Everything that is relevant to the wider issue, including 'deadnaming', should be up for debate.

Additionally, the trans activists have used mob-bullying, both online and in the real world, and have even employed actual violence Conviction of trans activist for assault at Hyde Park . It's not on.

I was initially sympathetic to their cause, but instead of accruing small victories (the right to use the most suitable public bathroom, for instance), they've pushed it into the realm of absurdity, literally trying to rewrite biological facts.

Doesn't that apply to all sports?

F1 is one of the exceptions. In theory women could get a drive. There have been several female drivers in the teams, usually as test-drivers. The difficulty about stepping up to actual racing is physical. The G-forces involved mean that the drivers require highly developed neck muscles, which automatically gives male drivers a natural advantage. But there's nothing in the laws of the sport to stop a woman competing with men.

In other sports - athletics, swimming, tennis etc - the separation of the genders is necessary because otherwise women would not be able to compete as professional sports people.

F1 is one of the exceptions. In theory women could get a drive. There have been several female drivers in the teams, usually as test-drivers. The difficulty about stepping up to actual racing is physical. The G-forces involved mean that the drivers require highly developed neck muscles, which automatically gives male drivers a natural advantage. But there's nothing in the laws of the sport to stop a woman competing with men.

In other sports - athletics, swimming, tennis etc - the separation of the genders is necessary because otherwise women would not be able to compete as professional sports people.
So separation of genders is necessary in F1 like other sports. Except no one will watch women driving cars slightly less quick.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the high numbers of mental health problems are associated with discrimination of trans people. Much more likely that many think they're trans due to their mental health state.
I didn't say that trans people have higher incidence of mental health problems due to discrimination although I'd imagine it has some effect. What I meant to say was that the claim that people are trans sure to a mental health problems is baseless and I'd like to see some evidence.

What the fuck is a cis person?
Someone whose gender identity matches the gender assigned to them at birth.

Suspect Jodie Kidd would wipe the floor with most male posters on here on a race track and then go out and pull any bloke she so desired, if she wanted to. Wouldn't that be lovely if we could all do that?

Suspect Jodie Kidd would wipe the floor with most male posters on here on a race track and then go out and pull any bloke she so desired, if she wanted to. Wouldn't that be lovely if we could all do that?
I certainly would like to be able to go out and pull any bloke I so desired. Glad you feel the same way!

Yes you do need strength but in other ways.

That makes no sense, women will never compete at the same level as men in F1 as you need to be among the fittest people on the planet to do well. They simply can't physically compete. It's less of an issue in slower cars yes but in F1 the forces are phenomenal

That makes no sense, women will never compete at the same level as men in F1 as you need to be among the fittest people on the planet to do well. They simply can't physically compete. It's less of an issue in slower cars yes but in F1 the forces are phenomenal

It wasn’t anything to do with F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back