More LGBT Offended Nonsense

They can come up with whatever silly little labels they like in amongst their own community.

The problems occur when they expect everyone else to use them and start influencing people in positions of authority to enforce it.
It's just a matter of politeness to use the term or pronoun preferred by the individual; I don't see why this is such a hardship for some people. It's not as though they are likely to meet that many trans people anyway, them representing a tiny percentage of the population. I've probably spoken to about half a dozen trans people in my life and none of them ever mentioned their gender or asked me to refer to them as anything other than just their name, just like everyone else. If you really need a pronoun, it's perfectly polite to ask them directly what pronoun they'd like to use.

Not sure what influencing there is but honestly, everyone can relax...There's a lot of bullshit online here in Canada, for example, saying the government has made it illegal to ignore someone's preferred pronoun. Not a shred of truth in it but it was convincing enough to get a bunch of folk really riled up on the internet.

It's all just about respecting one another; we all get things wrong sometimes, say the wrong thing...and yes, the terms have changed quickly this decade, it can be hard to keep up! I won't pretend to understand how a trans person feels, or to understand what exactly genderfluid, non-binary genderqueer, etc. mean, nor do I really need to know the ins and outs. But I find it baffling that some people (not you: despite your condescendingly referring to "silly little labels" there, I don't think you are a genuinely hateful person) go out of their way to refuse to just be polite.

I'm not sure if it is, exactly, however it is weird that if someone thinks they have too many arms and wants to cut one off, we would stop them and get them help. ( I would hope) But if they want to cut off their genitals, then its fine.

Gender Dysphoria

It's seems like a modern fad to me these days that we allow people to call themselves all these weird and wonderful names like genderfluid for example when the reality is as a human species we use a binary model of male and female, it's just fashionable at the moment.

You can call yourself what you want but nature doesn't really care about your feelings, it's brutal, hard and cold about such things.
A transgender woman isn't a woman and it's far more than just the penis, Mrs McKinnon won that cycling event helped by 20 years of being a man born with more muscle mass, not just about having a penis as she tries to suggest.

Gender Dysphoria

It's seems like a modern fad to me these days that we allow people to call themselves all these weird and wonderful names like genderfluid for example when the reality is as a human species we use a binary model of male and female, it's just fashionable at the moment.

You can call yourself what you want but nature doesn't really care about your feelings, it's brutal, hard and cold about such things.
A transgender woman isn't a woman and it's far more than just the penis, Mrs McKinnon won that cycling event helped by 20 years of being a man born with more muscle mass, not just about having a penis as she tries to suggest.
Having a penis is a massive hindrance to cycling. There's no good place to put it and your balls are crushed against the saddle.

From a technical perspective, she would annihilate me in a game of tennis, as she would most men. However, if a person who has been top her her professional game states there is a difference between males and females at the top of their game ( and at corresponding tiers below), then I’d give her opinion some credence.

I’d also say anyone who is a self proclaimed activist needs a slap.
I like you Kevj, you speak a lot of sense

For the record I've got a cock 'n' barls, identify as a gadgy and am strictly heterosexual

A cock in a frock shouldn't be classed as a woman. If that was the case Zlatan Ibramovich could put a ribbon in his hair, join SAFC ladies and win the league.

Last edited:
Having a penis is a massive hindrance to cycling. There's no good place to put it and your balls are crushed against the saddle.

Those balls are helping to produce testosterone on levels, that a female would have to inject herself with for years to get anywhere near. But aye, they’re a f***ing nightmare for cycling like. Fannies are the way forward for Cycling!

It's just a matter of politeness to use the term or pronoun preferred by the individual; I don't see why this is such a hardship for some people. It's not as though they are likely to meet that many trans people anyway, them representing a tiny percentage of the population. I've probably spoken to about half a dozen trans people in my life and none of them ever mentioned their gender or asked me to refer to them as anything other than just their name, just like everyone else. If you really need a pronoun, it's perfectly polite to ask them directly what pronoun they'd like to use.

Not sure what influencing there is but honestly, everyone can relax...There's a lot of bullshit online here in Canada, for example, saying the government has made it illegal to ignore someone's preferred pronoun. Not a shred of truth in it but it was convincing enough to get a bunch of folk really riled up on the internet.

It's all just about respecting one another; we all get things wrong sometimes, say the wrong thing...and yes, the terms have changed quickly this decade, it can be hard to keep up! I won't pretend to understand how a trans person feels, or to understand what exactly genderfluid, non-binary genderqueer, etc. mean, nor do I really need to know the ins and outs. But I find it baffling that some people (not you: despite your condescendingly referring to "silly little labels" there, I don't think you are a genuinely hateful person) go out of their way to refuse to just be polite.

Because it’s increasingly becoming compelled. There’s a bigger principle at stake here as far as I’m concerned.

How someone “feels” doesn’t really change anything outside of their own head. It’s brutal, it’s uncaring but so is biology and nature.

Because it’s increasingly becoming compelled. There’s a bigger principle at stake here as far as I’m concerned.

How someone “feels” doesn’t really change anything outside of their own head. It’s brutal, it’s uncaring but so is biology and nature.
How is it becoming more compelled? And what's the bigger principle?

Your claim that nature doesn't care about your gender is correct (nature doesn't care about anything!), but biologists have known that gender is not purely your genitals for decades:
Anatomy Does Not Determine Gender, Experts Say

I had misgivings about whether I really "believed" in transgenderism the first time I came across it but then I did some research into it and it seems pretty widely accepted now that gender isn't just genitals. It's still a field with lots more research to be done to find the exact causes, however.

To day it's "fashionable" as someone else did earlier is a bit odd. Trans people are increasingly feeling brave enough to speak about about their experiences and the hardships they've faced, but that's not to say it's popular. Views by some in thread (and much worse elsewhere) suggest that a significant proportion of people don't like transgender people at all, never mind consider them popular. It's quite similar to the general attitude towards gays until only recently (still espoused by some): I remember being told it was fashionable to be gay by some around the time I realised I was bi at 17 (I'm 27 now). This newfound fashionability didn't stop me being verbally abused by strangers in the street for kissing a bloke. Funny how fashion and popularity manifest themselves.

Your claim that nature doesn't care about your gender is correct (nature doesn't care about anything!), but biologists have known that gender is not purely your genitals for decades:

I had misgivings about whether I really "believed" in transgenderism the first time I came across it but then I did some research into it and it seems pretty widely accepted now that gender isn't just genitals. It's still a field with lots more research to be done to find the exact causes, however.

To day it's "fashionable" as someone else did earlier is a bit odd. Trans people are increasingly feeling brave enough to speak about about their experiences and the hardships they've faced, but that's not to say it's popular. Views by some in thread (and much worse elsewhere) suggest that a significant proportion of people don't like transgender people at all, never mind consider them popular. It's quite similar to the general attitude towards gays until only recently (still espoused by some): I remember being told it was fashionable to be gay by some around the time I realised I was bi at 17 (I'm 27 now). This newfound fashionability didn't stop me being verbally abused by strangers in the street for kissing a bloke. Funny how fashion and popularity manifest themselves.
You either have no idea about the war currently going on in academia between rationalists and post-modernist idiots or you yourself are a post-modernist idiot. I hope it's the former, but methinks you've fell for the post-modern meme and probably have no idea why or what any of it even means.

I'd suggest either educating yourself on the humanities or just avoiding the subject altogether. You're fooling nobody and are doing more harm than good by spreading this mal-educated social constructionist bullshit without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

PS.. you've posted a link to an NYTimes article ffs. :lol:

Last edited:
You either have no idea about the war currently going on in academia between rationalists and post-modernist idiots or you yourself are a post-modernist idiot. I hope it's the former, but methinks you've fell for the post-modern meme and probably have no idea why or what any of it even means.

I'd suggest either educating yourself on the humanities or just avoiding the subject altogether. You're fooling nobody and are doing more harm than good by spreading this mal-educated social constructionist bullshit without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

PS.. you've posted a link to an NYTimes article ffs. :lol:
I'm aware there's a debate but it's nice to see you've chosen a side and decided to call the postmodernist side "idiots".

What's wrong with posting an NYTimes article? It's the quotes from biologists that concern me and I'm not a biologist so obviously don't read academic journals on the topic; I get my scientific news from the news like the majority of the population. I'd assume you're also not a biologist so I don't see how you have any more expertise or grounds to post than me. We have reached different conclusions, clearly.

PS I'm not trying to "fool" anyone! I'm just saying what I, and seemingly a majority of biologists, believe.

Last edited:
Do away with all gender categories in one person Vs one person sports... make them height/weight classes and let the games begin,... granted short slight people may complain, but we will have solved the gender bias thing.

I'm aware there's a debate but it's nice to see you've chosen a side and decided to call the postmodernist side "idiots".

What's wrong with posting an NYTimes article? It's the quotes from biologists that concern me and I'm not a biologist so obviously don't read academic journals on the topic; I get my scientific news from the news like the majority of the population. I'd assume you're also not a biologist so I don't see how you have any more expertise or grounds to post than me. We have reached different conclusions, clearly.

PS I'm not trying to "fool" anyone! I'm just saying what I, and seemingly a majority of biologists, believe.

They are.

The bigger principle is freedom of speech. Freedom to offend and have difficult conversations that don’t result in job losses and being hung, drawn and quartered on social media.

It’s becoming compelled because pointing out biological reality is being declared as misgendering and hate speech. It may well be polite to address someone in their preferred pronoun, but it shouldn’t be a criminal offence if you don’t.

Last edited:

Back