More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.
See thats where I struggle, you are saying if it fails, it will bankrupt the ECB.

Surely for any organisation in any sport it's not good for that sport if the organisation that runs it goes bankrupt.

Yet in previous posts you have said you hope it fails?
If it fails it fails. There would be serious issues if it fails and the fact they are already talking about making a loss. Maybe suggesting bankruptcy is a tad extreme by myself but in no way do I want this competition to be a success. It's a ridiculous gamble by the ECB. The bbc apparently only have 10 games, which is laughable

If it fails it fails. There would be serious issues if it fails and the fact they are already talking about making a loss. Maybe suggesting bankruptcy is a tad extreme by myself but in no way do I want this competition to be a success. It's a ridiculous gamble by the ECB. The bbc apparently only have 10 games, which is laughable

It’s happening now though whether it its a gamble or not.

So can’t understand how in one breath you can say there will be serious issues if it fails!

But then in another actual say you want it to fail?

ECB frantically on the phone to English Rugby HQ trying to tell them to turn the game into a 20 min each way game
It’s happening now though whether it its a gamble or not.

So can’t understand how in one breath you can say there will be serious issues if it fails!

But then in another actual say you want it to fail?
Not sure what your problem is with my view on that?

See thats where I struggle, you are saying if it fails, it will bankrupt the ECB.

Surely for any organisation in any sport it's not good for that sport if the organisation that runs it goes bankrupt.

Yet in previous posts you have said you hope it fails?
I think it would be bad
Just the fact that it failing well have serious issues for English cricket.
As would it succeeding. I'm undecided, it's a balancing act to work out which shite is shiter.

I think it would be bad

As would it succeeding. I'm undecided, it's a balancing act to work out which shite is shiter.

Yeah I understand people’s point for it not happening in the first place and promoting the blast instead of course I can.

But if the debate moves on and we now know it’s hapoening.

Surely it can’t be good thing for cricket in this country if it fails massively and the organisation that runs cricket in this country goes bankrupt?

Last edited:
Surely it can’t be good thing for cricket in this country if it fails massively and the organisation that runs cricket in this country goes bankrupt?
Up till a couple of years ago the ECB had reserves of £80 million.

Now it's virtually all gone. Those reserves were officially there in case the Queen died during a county season (no I didn't buy that either but that was what they said).

So the ECB have gambled the life savings on one number on the roulette wheel. If it fails it will be the ECB and them alone that will be responsible for the bankruptcy of English cricket. That won't affect the Yorkshire Grocer and the former Derbyshire cricketer though. They are doing very nicely thank you. The rest will have to try and pick up what's left.

Up till a couple of years ago the ECB had reserves of £80 million.

Now it's virtually all gone. Those reserves were officially there in case the Queen died during a county season (no I didn't buy that either but that was what they said).

So the ECB have gambled the life savings on one number on the roulette wheel. If it fails it will be the ECB and them alone that will be responsible for the bankruptcy of English cricket. That won't affect the Yorkshire Grocer and the former Derbyshire cricketer though. They are doing very nicely thank you. The rest will have to try and pick up what's left.

No disrespect intended but that wasnt the question I asked?, that you replied too.

I didn’t ask who would be to blame? Or who would be responsible?

The question I asked was would it be good for the game it the organisation that runs it went bankrupt if the hundred failed?
Me personally I can’t see how that could be a good thing for cricket in this country if the ECB went bankrupt, even if it is they own fault?

Last edited:
No disrespect intended but that wasnt the question I asked?, that you replied too.

The question I asked was would it be good for the game it the organisation that runs it went bankrupt if the hundred failed?
Me personally I can’t see how that could be a good thing for cricket in this country if the ECB went bankrupt, even if it is they own fault?
tbh, I don't know what the ECB going bankrupt would mean.

I'm guessing there would be a successor organisation put in place, perhaps wiping out any debts.

The income from the national team would still be received and also the income from Government, whatever that is I don't know.

But there could be some tightening of belts and ECB grants to Counties could reduce for a couple or three years until the bank balance grows to a safe level.

Or could it be much more serious?

Then to answer your question, no it won't be good for cricket, but someone would have to be accountable.

As I said though the two main suspects would walk away and county cricket would be left in the shit. It should never have come to this.

Then to answer your question, no it won't be good for cricket, but someone would have to be accountable.

As I said though the two main suspects would walk away and county cricket would be left in the shit. It should never have come to this.

Yeah that’s asboutely fair enough if that’s your opinion.

Was just trying to make the point that above all other points made on this thread the game of cricket is the most important point.

And I don’t see the ECB going bankrupt as good for that!
tbh, I don't know what the ECB going bankrupt would mean.

I'm guessing there would be a successor organisation put in place, perhaps wiping out any debts.

The income from the national team would still be received and also the income from Government, whatever that is I don't know.

But there could be some tightening of belts and ECB grants to Counties could reduce for a couple or three years until the bank balance grows to a safe level.

Or could it be much more serious?

Well that’s it, we don’t really want to cricket in this country to go into such a period of uncertainty surely?

Even if it’s totally the ECBs fault?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back