More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reply to you, I agree with what chunklover has stated, as it sums it up perfectly, you like that with every subject you disagree with.

I just find you a aggressive and bad poster on numerous subjects and although it’s clear you love your cricket, you don’t recognise good points.

I find your views old fashioned, on cricket, on women in sport, you always seem to be slagging of the opposition cricket team whoever England or Durham or playing, the other team are aways full of wankers and you never give the other team any credit for good cricket.

You latest post, where you trying to pretend because of spelling and grammar you could not understand whether I was a fan of Durham or not , when from previous posts you clearly know I am not and then using that to have another go to belittle me sums you up.

I enjoy debate and of course I realise on this particular subject I am in the minority,but in recent days I have had civilised and reasoned debate with @Bri ,@Provider[/USER] and @Parkside, however once again with your good self for some reason it’s turned nasty once again.
Even the other day when your post was deleted you assumed I had reported you ( incorrectly) rather than having any self-awareness whatsoever that your posting style and attitude may have been over the top and uncalled for!

Wow.

I’ve spent two or three posts and about 2,000 words disproving every single point you have regarding the benifit of or the need for the hundred, backed up in most cases with factual evidence. Yet all you can do is ignore completely everything I’ve put forward and instead launch a personal assault on me.

Yet I’m the nasty pasty....... FUCK. ME.

You will not and can not debate with me because I’ve continuously disproven everything you’ve put forward. All you’ve done with the other lads is prattle on with the SAME bullshit that has regularly been disproven but you bumble on regardless anyway. They’ll sharp get f***ing sick of repeating themselves to someone who just will not be told and will not acknowledge when they’re wrong.

Chunky gave you a get out of jail card and you’ve taken it with both hands, feet, arms and legs.

You are the absolute epitome of an empty vessel.

Last edited:
Wow.

I’ve spent two or three posts and about 2,000 words disproving every single point you have regarding the benifit of or the need for the hundred, backed up in most cases with factual evidence. Yet all you can do is ignore completely everything I’ve put forward and instead launch a personal assault on me.

Yet I’m the nasty pasty....... FUCK. ME.

You will not and can not debate with me because I’ve continuously disproven everything you’ve put forward. All you’ve done with the other lads is prattle on with the SAME bullshit that has regularly been disproven but you bumble on regardless anyway. They’ll sharp get f***ing sick of repeating themselves to someone who just will not be told and will not acknowledge when they’re wrong.

Chunky gave you a get out of jail card and you’ve taken it with both hands, feet, arms and legs.

You are the absolute epitome of an empty vessel.

I don’t whether it registers with you (clearly doesn’t) but you haven’t proven or disproven anything beacuse there is nothing to prove.

How can you disprove that free to air telly cricket in the form of the the hundred may increase participation, it hasnt even happened yet!,

It’s a opinion!!

Plus I have never said there is a need for the hundred!

I have said 157 times, there is a need for a shorter format to be on free to air telly, would have been happy for it to be the blast.

However unfortunately it isn’t, it’s the hundred which I hope is a success and brings new blood into the game.

That’s a opinion, it’s not proved it’s not right it’s not wrong it’s a opinion.

I have no idea what you taking about with get out of jail, it’s not a competition and I am not trying to beat you in anyway just simply putting my opinion across.

I happy for you to disagree and debate in a civilised way, however when debating with people who disagree with you, you seem to struggle with the civilised bit!

At times that understandable because you very passionate about Durham for example, but at other times you come across extremely rude, but you have no self awareness whatsoever to realise that.

Last edited:
I don’t whether it registers with you (clearly doesn’t) but you haven’t proven or disproven anything beacuse there is nothing to prove.

How can you disprove that free to air telly cricket in the form of the the hundred may increase participation, it hasnt even happened yet!,

It’s a opinion!!

Plus I have never said there is a need for the hundred!

I have said 157 times, there is a need for a shorter format to be on free to air telly, would have been happy for it to be the blast.

However unfortunately it isn’t, it’s the hundred which I hope is a success and brings new blood into the game.

That’s a opinion, it’s not proved it’s not right it’s not wrong it’s a opinion.

I have no idea what you taking about with get out of jail, it’s not a competition and I am not trying to beat you in anyway just simply putting my opinion across.

I happy for you to disagree and debate in a civilised way, however when debating with people who disagree with you, you seem to struggle with the civilised bit!

At times that understandable because you very passionate about Durham for example, but at other times you come across extremely rude, but you have no self awareness whatsoever to realise that.

Aye, that’s right - stick your head in the sand.

I look forward to the next time you try and tell us the BBC dictated to the ECB that T20 was too long. Or any other bit of repeatedly disproven ECB propaganda :rolleyes:

Aye, that’s right - stick your head in the sand.

I look forward to the next time you try and tell us the BBC dictated to the ECB that T20 was too long. Or any other bit of repeatedly disproven ECB propaganda :rolleyes:

I have no idea who dictated to who, I am not privy to that information and I take no notice of any propaganda as you put it, I base my views of my own observations and the decline in participation in local club cricket.
Furthermore I am not interested in internal ECB politics ,I simply want whatever format that happens to be a free to air telly to be a success to increase the popularity of the game.

I see nothing wrong with that opinion at all, your are welcome to disagree.

That has always been the general point I have wanted to get across.

Last edited:
I take no notice of any propaganda

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except from passing it off as fact at every opportunity.

Even though you’ve been told countless times that your ‘facts’ were incorrect.

Yet you’ve ignored the proof and continued, shamelessly, to parrot their propaganda anyway.

I am not interested in internal ECB politics

Well in that case, you’re in no position to even enter into any debate about them, so why do you continue to do so?

I think I have made myself clear it’s not ‘The Hundred’ itself that I support which you seem to want focus on.

I support a format that has international cricketers playing exciting cricket and been able to watch on free to air telly and would have supported it just as much if not more if T20 was been shown on free to air telly, which you probably know as I have been bigging it up for years!

You once again fail to accept people can have a diffrent view from yourself and if they do it must be listening to propaganda.

Has it not occurred to you that people who want it to succeed and get more people into the game that is just their genuine view?

In fact as far as ECB are concerned I dislike what they have done to local cricket with ridiculous over the top stipulations like electronic scoreboards and Sunday third teams to enter certain leagues when local clubs are already struggling big style.

Once again my views are my own based of my own observations seeing kids play too much football and too much time on PlayStation’s etc and not playing cricket, not what the ECB or any organisation says just my own.

And I am very much entitled to them and my own opinion you are very much entitled to disagree.
We should leave it, all you want to focus on is the ECB when all I want to focus on is increased participation in the game and we miles apart!

Last edited:
You once again fail to accept people can have a diffrent view from yourself and if they do it must be listening to propaganda.

Absolutely not true. There are thousands of posts on here where I debate healthily with other valued members of this forum who have differing opinions to my own. Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong.

What I take issue with, is when people (like you consistently) continue to pass off myths and outright lies as fact. So I will stand by my right to pull you up on it.

You have taken this to be ‘mean’ or ‘offensive’, but the truth is that I’m simply pointing out - with evidence - that you continue to be incorrect with your ‘facts’.

I simply cannot stand anyone who steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that they do not know what they’re talking about. Which you have done with far more regularity than anyone else I’ve ever come across on the forum.

I think I have made myself clear it’s not ‘The Hundred’ itself that I support which you seem to want focus on.

I support a format that has international cricketers playing exciting cricket and been able to watch on free to air telly and would have supported it just as much if not more if T20 was been shown on free to air telly, which you probably know as I have been bigging it up for years!

Has it not occurred to you that people who want it to succeed and get more people into the game that is just their genuine view?

In fact as far as ECB are concerned I dislike what they have done to local cricket with ridiculous over the top stipulations like electronic scoreboards and Sunday third teams to enter certain leagues when local clubs are already struggling big style.

Once again my views are my own based of my own observations seeing kids play too much football and too much time on PlayStation’s etc and not playing cricket, not what the ECB or any organisation says just my own.

And I am very much entitled to them and my own opinion you are very much entitled to disagree.
We should leave it, all you want to focus on is the ECB when all I want to focus on is increased participation in the game and we miles apart!
I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said regarding the hundred.

I don’t particularly like the idea of it given how successful T20 is anyway, but it’s hard to actually want it to fail as cricket is hard enough to get kids into these days without the ECB wasting millions on a vanity project. I kind of hope it’s a moderate success, but not successful enough to stick around for any length of time.

I kind of hope it’s a moderate success, but not successful enough to stick around for any length of time.

It’s only going to be one or the other I fear.

Either a roaring success, here to stay and will be the silver dagger that kills off a number of counties.

Or it’ll fail and the counties will come together and take back the game.

It’s a shame common sense has lost so far, but if the counties unite like Andy Nash has hinted - common sense will win the war.

Absolutely not true. There are thousands of posts on here where I debate healthily with other valued members of this forum who have differing opinions to my own. Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong.

What I take issue with, is when people (like you consistently) continue to pass off myths and outright lies as fact. So I will stand by my right to pull you up on it.

You have taken this to be ‘mean’ or ‘offensive’, but the truth is that I’m simply pointing out - with evidence - that you continue to be incorrect with your ‘facts’.

I simply cannot stand anyone who steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that they do not know what they’re talking about. Which you have done with far more regularity than anyone else I’ve ever come across on the forum.

Jesus Christ I am not quoting any facts!

I don’t know any facts!

How can I?

am just saying I want free to air telly cricket to succeed!

I am at a complete loss how many times I can put the same point across without you understanding it!
I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said regarding the hundred.

I don’t particularly like the idea of it given how successful T20 is anyway, but it’s hard to actually want it to fail as cricket is hard enough to get kids into these days without the ECB wasting millions on a vanity project. I kind of hope it’s a moderate success, but not successful enough to stick around for any length of time.

The hope for me is that it pricks the interest in cricket for kids, there is absolutely no guarantee it will but that is the hope.

Last edited:
Wanted to revisit this post after having given the podcast the benefit of a listen - firstly, I think you need to look up the term balance.

Throughout the entire show, Hughes came across as an ECB spin doctor. Fuck me, it was a propaganda wet dream.

He opened up with a mention of the counties’ finances as proof that the hundred is needed. No Simon, what is needed, is for the ECB to have put the time, money and effort into T20. A competition that just had its highest attendance figures on record. A competition that is WORKING and a competition, that with a few little tweaks, which the counties have told the ECB about, would become as succesful financially here as it is elsewhere in the world.

Then Joe Root spoke, lead on by Hughes into arguing that because of the summer we just had, the hundred is required to continue that feel good factor...... Well no, because the feel good factor was produced by two formats that the ECB wish to marginalise. With one of those format especially being turned into a second rate competition.

Hughes even insisted that the current format of 18 counties should probably be reduced - the man is a f***ing disgrace. He was the archetypal County plodder for his entire career, who when ended that career, was privileged enough to have been given a chance to earn further money by prolonging his career longer than he probably deserved - with the EIGHTEENTH county.

He’s got a very short f***ing memory, he made an entire life career out of the County game yet he is completely prepared to throw that game under the proverbial bus and I stand firmly by my earlier comments about him.

He is the worst kind of journalist, allowing himself to buy the propaganda and even be entirely complicit in indulging everyone - who has the misfortune of listening to it - in his propagandist, dangerous and divisive bullshit.

f***ing Lord Haw Haw showed more balance than that despicable twat.

Been pulled up on Twitter for it like. Even had the nerve to say he’d been balanced :rolleyes:

support Durham a little bit more, all on here can do more by helping Durham. Whether that will be purchasing a ticket/shirt etc. Give your money and attention to local cricket.
I give plenty of money and attention to local cricket, my prefernece when watching professional cricket is for high quality players and action and the hundred will provide that.
and buying a replica top
Nah I havent bought a replica top of anyform since our T20 world cup win

Last edited:
I reply to you, I agree with what chunklover has stated, as it sums it up perfectly, you like that with every subject you disagree with.

I just find you a aggressive and bad poster on numerous subjects and although it’s clear you love your cricket, you don’t recognise good points.

I find your views old fashioned, on cricket, on women in sport, you always seem to be slagging of the opposition cricket team whoever England or Durham or playing, the other team are aways full of wankers and you never give the other team any credit for good cricket.

You latest post, where you trying to pretend because of spelling and grammar you could not understand whether I was a fan of Durham or not , when from previous posts you clearly know I am not and then using that to have another go to belittle me sums you up.

I enjoy debate and of course I realise on this particular subject I am in the minority,but in recent days I have had civilised and reasoned debate with @Bri ,@Provider[/USER] and @Parkside, however once again with your good self for some reason it’s turned nasty once again.
Even the other day when your post was deleted you assumed I had reported you ( incorrectly) rather than having any self-awareness whatsoever that your posting style and attitude may have been over the top and uncalled for!

Which after all the arguments and discussion is simply my view as well.

It has to be given a fair chance, the amount of money it is already bringing into our domestic game is phenomenal. Even if it fails it's no-lose scenario surely?

Last edited:
It has to be given a fair chance, the amount of money it is already bringing into our domestic game is phenomenal. Even if it fails it's no-lose scenario surely?

Yep if it increases participation in any shape or form that has to be a good thing!

Last edited:
I give plenty of money and attention to local cricket, my prefernece when watching professional cricket is for high quality players and action and the hundred will provide that.
How often do you pay to watch Durham?
Already bringing in? They're set to make a heavy loss. As for the fact if it fails..... That will likely bankrupt the ECB.....

How often do you pay to watch Durham?

Already bringing in? They're set to make a heavy loss. As for the fact if it fails..... That will likely bankrupt the ECB.....

See thats where I struggle, you are saying if it fails, it will bankrupt the ECB.

Surely for any organisation in any sport it's not good for that sport if the organisation that runs it goes bankrupt.

Yet in previous posts you have said you hope it fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back