More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Could be idea for people to see how it pans out?

It may be a success it may not, they were plenty of traditional fans not happy with T20 when that came in, but watching it and enjoying it, and seeing how it has developed with the IPL , Big Bash and Blast final days has not only been good for the game long term ,but also very entertaining imo and players have developed even more skills to be taken into other formats,not to mention the financial gains from it.

The Hundred may not win people over in the same way as city based rather than county based and of course understandably soo as some fans need to be behind their team.

However for a neutral point of view, it looks exciting with the draft and the players involved and maybe could turn out to be a success if it is met with more positivity.

My concern has always been overkill, is their room for both the blast and the hundred in the same calendar.

The right decision has been made imo to delay it as if it is going to be a success it needs the right publicity and fans attending and the best quality overseas players to be there.

Last edited:

Hugh Morris, Glamorgan CEO, is another Graves puppet. Has to be with Glamorgan an International and Hundred venue. Hotbed of cricket Wales, of course. Far better then Somerset:?:
The ECB the England and Wales Cricket Board. The Welsh bit is very quiet but incredibly powerful. It's amazing over the past few decades how many administrators associated to Glamorgan have held the key positions of power within English cricket. In the background but pulling the strings. Glamorgan have certainly benefited massively compared to other provincial counties.

Pretty much that.

Anyone who is young and has an interest in Cricket will most likely be attending Blast games on a regular basis. The Hundred will just cause that part of the audience to be stretched out over more games instead of building on it.

Thats the concern and a worrying concern although the hope and stress the word hope is to create more fans and more importantly more players to take up the game at a early age and bring more players into club cricket

Thats the concern and a worrying concern although the hope and stress the word hope is to create more fans and more importantly more players to take up the game at a early age and bring more players into club cricket
The concept of the 100 is unfair. Either grow a pair and get rid of amalganate some counties or go the whole hog and get rid of county cricket. This is just a slow death for English domestic cricket.

The concept of the 100 is unfair. Either grow a pair and get rid of amalganate some counties or go the whole hog and get rid of county cricket. This is just a slow death for English domestic cricket.

Yeah I tend to agree for the longevity of the game in this country, you need lesser counties imo, and think some should amalgamate , although tbf easy for me to say that as not a fan of a particular county.

My main concern is club cricket and the dwindling numbers and want to see increased interest to increase those numbers, although hell of a task with other interests nowadays.

Harrison accused of"gambling on red".
Could be idea for people to see how it pans out?

It may be a success it may not, they were plenty of traditional fans not happy with T20 when that came in, but watching it and enjoying it, and seeing how it has developed with the IPL , Big Bash and Blast final days has not only been good for the game long term ,but also very entertaining imo and players have developed even more skills to be taken into other formats,not to mention the financial gains from it.

The Hundred may not win people over in the same way as city based rather than county based and of course understandably soo as some fans need to be behind their team.

However for a neutral point of view, it looks exciting with the draft and the players involved and maybe could turn out to be a success if it is met with more positivity.

My concern has always been overkill, is their room for both the blast and the hundred in the same calendar.

The right decision has been made imo to delay it as if it is going to be a success it needs the right publicity and fans attending and the best quality overseas players to be there.
Would it not have been a better idea to have gathered some concrete
evidence with market research to see if there was demand for such a venture before blowing £50m on it before a ball has been bowled?

Last edited:
Harrison accused of"gambling on red".

Would it not have been a better idea to have gathered some concrete
evidence with market research to see if there was demand for such a venture before blowing £50m on it before a ball has been bowled?

I was under the impression research was done to see what would attract new fans/players to the game.

Unless they made the whole thing up?
Well let's examine what they've actually said. They've presented this new tournament which essentially isn't basically any different to an existing tournament ,insist it's going to be the panacea for all the games problems by attracting a fictitious following.
Yet they've spent £50m and haven't produce any evidence that that this following exists. Harrison then reveals that this season cricket stands to lose £380m yet he insists on continuing with the venture ,"betting on the red" as one MP put it. Actually, there's no evidence that the odds are as good as "evens". Are you still not prepared to concede that such action is reckless.
And as I watch this I'm admiring Captain Tom.

Last edited:
Well let's examine what they've actually said. They've presented this new tournament which essentially isn't basically any different to an existing tournament ,insist it's going to be the panacea for all the games problems by attracting a fictitious following.
Yet they've spent £50m and haven't produce any evidence that that this following exists. Harrison then reveals that this season cricket stands to lose £380m yet he insists on continuing with the venture ,"betting on the red" as one MP put it. Actually, there's no evidence that the odds are as good as "evens". Are you still not prepared to concede that such action is reckless.
And as I watch this I'm admiring Captain Tom.

Once again mate just to be clear my point has never been whether it was a good idea reckless or otherwise.

My point has and is to see how it goes to watch at least one ball bowled, to at least give it a chance, to see if it can achieve the more participation the game badly needs at club level.

I have never argued it was a good idea, what I have said is people should see how it goes and now that it is happening we should hope it is a success for the good of the game as a whole.

As I care more about the longevity of the game especially at club level than I do about any particular county.

I appreciate your loyalty and others are different.

And still struggle to understand that if it is a massive risk, why people who enjoy the game don’t want that risk to be a success?

Once again mate just to be clear my point has never been whether it was a good idea reckless or otherwise.

My point has and is to see how it goes to watch at least one ball bowled, to at least give it a chance, to see if it can achieve the more participation the game badly needs at club level.

I have never argued it was a good idea, what I have said is people should see how it goes and now that it is happening we should hope it is a success for the good of the game as a whole.

As I care more about the longevity of the game especially at club level than I do about any particular county.

I appreciate your loyalty and others are different.

And still struggle to understand that if it is a massive risk, why people who enjoy the game don’t want that risk to be a success?
Not so sure that anyone wants it to fail, it's the fact, and it is a fact, that it's simply so big a risk that it's wholly irresponsible to invest colossal amounts of money on a forlorn hope that it might be a success.

Not so sure that anyone wants it to fail, it's the fact, and it is a fact, that it's simply so big a risk that it's wholly irresponsible to invest colossal amounts of money on a forlorn hope that it might be a success.

Like I say that is not something I disagree with.

And can concede that point as not about winning arguments for me, it’s about what best for cricket in this country.

And if risky and irresponsible, that only means it’s even more important it is a success surely?

And it been a success would mean cricket is in a better place in this country which is miles more important to me, than it been a failure and seeing certain people fall flat on their face.

Like I say that is not something I disagree with.

And can concede that point as not about winning arguments for me, it’s about what best for cricket in this country.

And if risky and irresponsible, that only means it’s even more important it is a success surely?

And it been a success would mean cricket is in a better place in this country which is miles more important to me, than it been a failure and seeing certain people fall flat on their face.
You're clearly not familiar with the adage "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".
Risk analysis has been completely absent in this project.

Last edited:
I think it’s time to respect each other views and opinions on this mate, as it’s pretty clear after 47 pages we just going round in circles.

As ever enjoyed the craic, you stay safe, and hopefully we will have some form, any form of cricket later this summer.

I think it’s time to respect each other views and opinions on this mate, as it’s pretty clear after 47 pages we just going round in circles.

As ever enjoyed the craic, you stay safe, and hopefully we will have some form, any form of cricket later this summer.
Aye, there's neither of us Brian Clough. Well it'll go ahead in 2021 as the hole is too big to fill in. However, there'll be that much catch up international cricket going I doubt if many of the "overseas" will be able to honour their contract.

Back