More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

I think you need draws and I think you cannot have excitement all the time.

You need contrast. You need light and shade. If you want good you need bad.

How can you admire a great cricket shot unless you've witnessed a terrible one.

How can you talk about greatness in games or players or anything if it's all the same.

If the standard shot is a 6, what is a great shot?

Your last sentence is the big one for me. The 'moment' of a six is killed in versions like T10 when there's two an over. That's a risk with the 100.

Th usual suspects are all lined up for the draft, as predicted

This will DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR ENGLISH CRICKET

Hopefully the t20 will see bigger crowds. Will a new audience really get into cricket watching Gayle lumber around?
Can't quite fathom how anyone who claims to like the game of cricket can say that. No apologies chief, that is an absolutely horrific comment. Some of the greatest Tests of all time have been draws, the concept of battling for a draw is fundamental to every good team sport.
Cardiff 2009. Two test in South Africa when onions stopped defeats.
Wimbledon gets 9 million viewers and it's dogshit. Stick it on and people will watch.
I’ve not seen an explosion of kids taking up tennis.
I haven't paid much attention to this nonsense but hope the scenario doesn't appear where we are playing and a couple of our lads are warming the bench elsewhere for their franchise.
They will be. Obviously getting tapped up whilst hanging around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Th usual suspects are all lined up for the draft, as predicted

This will DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR ENGLISH CRICKET

Hopefully the t20 will see bigger crowds. Will a new audience really get into cricket watching Gayle lumber around?

Cardiff 2009. Two test in South Africa when onions stopped defeats.

I’ve not seen an explosion of kids taking up tennis.

They will be. Obviously getting tapped up whilst hanging around.
Completely agree.

support Durham a little bit more, all on here can do more by helping Durham. Whether that will be purchasing a ticket/shirt etc. Give your money and attention to local cricket.

A persons money is their own, they have probably worked hard for it and should spend it exactly how they want.

And if they want to spend it on other cricket rather than Durham that’s entirely up to them!

A persons money is their own, they have probably worked hard for it and should spend it exactly how they want.

And if they want to spend it on other cricket rather than Durham that’s entirely up to them!

Very true, but don't twist when Durham are struggling/don't have good players/haven't signed certain players/don't gain promotion. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. We should be doing all we can to support Durham and local cricket, not making the rich, richer. As you say though, it's their money etc

Last edited:

can't see any locals travelling to Leeds instead of Durham. After the recent draft it would appear that domestic T 20 will have more attractive "big names" than the hundred.

If people want Durham to survive then they need to support the club more whether it be punters turning up to watch or local commerce supporting the club through sponsorship and the local media giving more focus to the club
As s member for nearly 25 years I have watched all of these decrease alarmingly even though the improvements the club have made out in the middle where it counts have been fantastic. The one bright sign I have seen recently was that Friday night in the summer and the 10,000 that turned out for the Yorkshire T20 match.

Very true, but don't twist when Durham are struggling/don't have good players/haven't signed certain players/don't gain promotion. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. We should be doing all we can to support Durham and local cricket, not making the rich, richer. As you say though, it's their money etc

I wouldn’t complain as I think people work hard for their money and can spend how they want and people should not be telling other people what to spend their money on
can't see any locals travelling to Leeds instead of Durham. After the recent draft it would appear that domestic T 20 will have more attractive "big names" than the hundred.

Yeah that’s a fair point but that’s not what I was saying
Of course they can

Down to choice

I choose Durham

That’s absolutely fair enough people should be able to choose and not been told or preached on what to spend their own money on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back