More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t complain as I think people work hard for their money and can spend how they want and people should not be telling other people what to spend their money on

As I've said, folk can do what they want with their £££, just don't come on here moaning about Durham skint/not signing players/saving money/struggling etc etc when folk would rather make the rich, richer with ££ spend on such a ludicrous competiton. As stated above, it's all about choice, but don't complain when Durham are struggling/have to charge higher prices/can't sign players.

As I've said, folk can do what they want with their £££, just don't come on here moaning about Durham skint/not signing players/saving money/struggling etc etc when folk would rather make the rich, richer with ££ spend on such a ludicrous competiton. As stated above, it's all about choice, but don't complain when Durham are struggling/have to charge higher prices/can't sign players.

Just to make it clear mate, I will not be complaining if Durham are skint, or not signing players, just don’t like anybody telling somebody else how to spend their money.

I would rather watch local club cricket than Durham anyway but that’s just my choice, would not tell anyone else what to do.

Tbh don’t think people who pay to watch sport in the main, consider whether they making the rich richer or anything else, they have earned their own money and just pay for what they want to watch and enjoy and rightly soo.

When Quinn was telling our fans what to do with their money a few years ago for Sunderland thought he was bang out of order.

Last edited:

Isa Guha on Twitter.

If you believe in the Hundred, that's your fuck up, you're entitled to.

But don't be a sanctimonious c*nt at people who are deeply concerned about what it could do to the game, just because Sky pay your f***ing bills.
I don’t think that’s being a sanctimonious c*** at all. Social media is full of people hating the thing (probably rightly), but she raises some interesting points, albeit it’s dreadfully written

we’re surely not at the point where no one is allowed an opinion?! (And the dreadful prose suggests it’s not been written by some media person)

I don’t think that’s being a sanctimonious c*** at all. Social media is full of people hating the thing (probably rightly), but she raises some interesting points, albeit it’s dreadfully written

we’re surely not at the point where no one is allowed an opinion?! (And the dreadful prose suggests it’s not been written by some media person)

The bottom line is whichever way it's sold or promoted or whatever opinion people have the negativity and closed mind is there with some people and it's not going change whatever happens because their county is not involved

You can understand that though up to a point, although kids watching and then get involved in cricket is more important for me

I thought it was interesting how many people before the draft where saying it will be a completion ,with over the hill has beens like Gayle and Malingna getting another pay day.

And with them now not been picked the same people just more onto something else to critise it with!

I don't see why T20 could not have just been put on free to air telly instead, but also can't see why people are soo desperate for something to fail before they have even watched it!

Last edited:
Anything to increase the popularity with young people has got to be good to be fair

Raising the profile in schools would be a massive help lots of kids only like cricket
because their dad does or they live near a local club and go along to see what’s going on

TV has little effect these days as so little is on terrestrial live

Her paymasters. But 5 years in it’ll probably have long since been mothballed.

We can hope.

Read her comments to some of the sensible replies. Sanctimonious c*nt is absolutely correct.

Shit pundit, whoring herself out in a bid to be relevant by quoting FTECB propaganda in the desperate hope that those involved with media work for the abomination pay her more money.

Compare that to the hardworking, humble and good quality county circuit commentators and journalists, who have met this with well thought out and reasoned concerns.

Last edited:

Isa Guha on Twitter.

If you believe in the Hundred, that's your fuck up, you're entitled to.

But don't be a sanctimonious c*nt at people who are deeply concerned about what it could do to the game, just because Sky pay your f***ing bills.
A few of them are at it. Smacks of "do us a favour and put a few tweets out defending the 100". Hales and Gurney at it as well. Isa obviously has her career to look after given her ticky box exercise promotion by her paymasters who on twitter she claims she doesn't work for. You will see more of this where folk in privileged positions are promoting it.

Last edited:
A few of them are at it. Smacks of "do us a favour and put a few tweets out defending the 100". Hales and Gurney at it as well. Isa obviously has her career to look after given her ticky box exercise promotion by her paymasters who on twitter she claims she doesn't work for. You will see more of this where folk in privileged positions are promoting it.

Aye, she’s thick as fuck - someone questioned her motives based on the fact she’s clearly obeying her paymasters. Her reply was that she’s not currently under contract with anyone.

First two replies - “Did you do the draft for free then?” And “You are paid by Sky”

Her response? Complete silence.

Absolute fuckwit.

If she didn’t tick a box, she’d be no where near the telly or radio.

Aye, she’s thick as fuck - someone questioned her motives based on the fact she’s clearly obeying her paymasters. Her reply was that she’s not currently under contract with anyone.

First two replies - “Did you do the draft for free then?” And “You are paid by Sky”

Absolute fuckwit.

I told her she needs to update her twitter bio in that case seems she claims not to work for anyone.. Silence

Absolute fuckwit.

I disagree.

Absolute fuckwit.

I think she's a good pundit personally but the way she's defending this car wreck is embarrassing.

I don't see why T20 could not have just been put on free to air telly instead, but also can't see why people are soo desperate for something to fail before they have even watched it!

The first part of the sentence is the key point. It's just utterly bizarre that a new format has been created to show on free to air when there's already a format which is massively popular throughout the world and is increasing in popularity in this country which could have been shown.

As for the second part of the sentence, it comes down to two things IMO. The first is that people are worried about the impact that this is going to have long term on the counties they have supported for years. To me, it does look like the first step in trying to massively change the county setup and "relegate" a number of the smaller counties. You're not a massive Durham/Leicester/Glous fine which is fair enough but imagine if something similar looked to be happening in football and to SAFC. You can surely see why people are very sceptical of it. And it's not just supporters, look at the impacts it could have on our domestic players: Blast stars left frustrated by Hundred draft as smaller counties struggle for attention

I think that the second thing is that the way the ECB have gone about it. From day one, there has been massive resistance to it from the cricket following public yet they haven't shown any inclination to listen to them or taking feedback on board. They even seem to be doing anything they can to show that this is a success (ECB deny downplaying Blast amid fears for Hundred's ticket sales) and the way that likes of Eion Morgan have clearly been told to show their support for this has been pretty poor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back