Michelin Star Restaurants

I won’t be 🙂. Scran will make up for it.

Just been trying to get dinner at L’Enclume booked. Not a single dinner reservation free from now till into November when I gave up looking.
I'm going to cancel mine if you want it, 18th October iirc. £500 for a meal exc. drinks is a bit rich imo. Did the Old Stamp House, Ambleside last night for the wife's (no) b'day, brilliant meal - even the grey squirrel was toppa

Last edited:
I'm going to cancel mine if you want it, 18th October iirc. £500 for a meal exc. drinks is a bit rich imo. Did the Old Stamp House, Ambleside last night for the wife's (no) b'day, brilliant meal - even the grey squirrel was toppa

Appreciate the offer mate. I’m just checking with my brother now if he can make it that evening. will PM you when he gets back.

Caught the end of the hotel inspector last night ,some dreamer struggling to cook breakfasts aiming for a michelin star in a hotel he owned
Alex lost her rag with him

They had a visit from a bloke running a 1 star ,he has 12 chefs to keep the star and says he doesnt even break even on the dining ,the rooms return him 90% margin though

Imagine the money!

Aye, it’s not been cheap at times. Although there was a time a few year ago you could pick up a (short lunch or pre theatre) Michelin star tasting menu for £35-50 a head in several London restaurants eg Social Eating House - which lost its star in 2021 unfortunately. The heavy hitters like Core and Bibendum have been offset by much cheaper ones on star deals or abroad.

Worth it to me anyway. Quality time with my wife.

Caught the end of the hotel inspector last night ,some dreamer struggling to cook breakfasts aiming for a michelin star in a hotel he owned
Alex lost her rag with him

They had a visit from a bloke running a 1 star ,he has 12 chefs to keep the star and says he doesnt even break even on the dining ,the rooms return him 90% margin though
I saw that, he was a bit upset when it sunk in he’d have to actually run a proper kitchen to get the star

Aye, it’s not been cheap at times. Although there was a time a few year ago you could pick up a (short lunch or pre theatre) Michelin star tasting menu for £35-50 a head in several London restaurants eg Social Eating House - which lost its star in 2021 unfortunately. The heavy hitters like Core and Bibendum have been offset by much cheaper ones on star deals or abroad.

Ah mate I’m not knocking it at all. I’m a “foodie” but sometimes struggle to justify that much money. I also really like wine so I always want the pairing etc.

I’ve only done 1 official star rated restaurant, house of tides, which was the best meal I’d ever eaten until I had the steak in Milan.

You can still get the lunch deals in quite a few places. Did one at Benares recently.

You can still get the lunch deals in quite a few places. Did one at Benares recently.

That's good

There used to be a dedicated 'star deals' section / filter on Opentable (I think it was) which was a great tool. Can't seem to find it anywhere now.

Back