Michelin Star Restaurants

I spent the evening at Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall a few weeks ago. It has only the one star, but the food was better than L’Enclume and The Raby Hunt. Service was very attentive, but not as polished as L’Enclume.

I spent the evening at Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall a few weeks ago. It has only the one star, but the food was better than L’Enclume and The Raby Hunt. Service was very attentive, but not as polished as L’Enclume.
The worst hit about mich star places is they try too hard.

Much prefer my locks haunts

Receipts and through the books !

No! All above board.
The worst hit about mich star places is they try too hard.

Much prefer my locks haunts

The service was good. The room is classic period in keeping with the original character of the building. The ly have tried to match the service and some of the waiting staff were top notch. Others need a bit more time in that environment.

Last edited:
Does it do any good food that isn't fish? Love Bamburgh and have booked a boutique retreat to go back to there in September. I'm glad Southerners shy away from Northumberland as a holiday destination but my God they're missing out. Best coast in England.
Nah Just fish realy and Lobster ,nice place ,have a look on menu

No! All above board.

The service was good. The room is classic period in keeping with the original character of the building. The ly have tried to match the service and some of the waiting staff were top notch. Others need a bit more time in that environment.
:cool:

Went to Lugers in Brooklyn a couple of weeks back, I've been before but took the wife (£10) and kids while over there...having hyped it up massively. It was everything I'd bleated on about, thankfully.

It often gets a bad rep service wise, but our waiter was spot on.....just the right amount of NY attitude and was great with the girls, one of whom had her birthday that day....it's deffo not your traditional starred service, but then you know that when you go.

And I know it's only steak, but ferk me it's good steak, We went for

Bacon (MY GOD THE BACON!!)
Porterhouse for 2
Luger Burgers
Fries
Creamed Spinach
Strudel & Schlag
Ice Cream Sundae
Bottle of Malbec and bottle of Sparkling Water

Absolutely zero complaints about any of it.

Can't remember how much it was, think a bit less than $500 inc tax and tip, but it wasn't as much as I was expecting, and we all agreed it was well worth it.

No! All above board.

I didn't type that well. What I meant was i prefer my local establishments. Yes a mich star place is nice and you get the ceremony etc but I'd much rather have a pizza at il bordello or the lamb chops at tayyabs or the crunchy tuna rolls at pham sushi over an 8 course tasting menu

Looking at taking the wife somewhere special for our anniversary meal, but some of the prices are astronomical. For example, the Raby Hunt starts at £220 each, and then £125 each for wine on top. That’s £690 for a dinner. Surely there is no culinary experience on earth worth that amount of money? A meringue?

Has anyone on here done any of these, and are they worth it? We could go abroad and get a fantastic meal somewhere in Europe for the price.
Go to London and take her up the OXO tower

Does it do any good food that isn't fish? Love Bamburgh and have booked a boutique retreat to go back to there in September. I'm glad Southerners shy away from Northumberland as a holiday destination but my God they're missing out. Best coast in England.

Had a nice walk last week, starting in Ashington (?!?), down the Wansbeck (wow!) to the coast and then along through Newbiggin and round the old Alcan smelting works to Ellington. Beautiful, ever-changing coastline. Newbiggin seemed really nice - I'd never been before.

Anyway, we stopped off for what seemed to be the obligatory coffee and ice cream at Caffe Bertorelli. All very lovely but my visit was marred by this horrific view - 3 in a row!

View media item 7960
I blame the teachers.

Had a nice walk last week, starting in Ashington (?!?), down the Wansbeck (wow!) to the coast and then along through Newbiggin and round the old Alcan smelting works to Ellington. Beautiful, ever-changing coastline. Newbiggin seemed really nice - I'd never been before.

Anyway, we stopped off for what seemed to be the obligatory coffee and ice cream at Caffe Bertorelli. All very lovely but my visit was marred by this horrific view - 3 in a row!

View media item 7960
I blame the teachers.
You say potato, they say patato 🙄

Just got an email from L'Enclume saying they have put all their prices up by £50 per person , we are booked in for June. They could of honoured the ones that were booked before the rise in costs

Just got an email from L'Enclume saying they have put all their prices up by £50 per person , we are booked in for June. They could of honoured the ones that were booked before the rise in costs
Quite bad that, I've had things booked from before the first lockdown that have been postponed and some taken over two years later and every one of them has been honoured.

Quite bad that, I've had things booked from before the first lockdown that have been postponed and some taken over two years later and every one of them has been honoured.
Certainly is when you’re talking now £250 pp for a lunch taster

Email quotes “We are committed to supporting the producers and small-scale suppliers we work with, all of which have been hit hard by soaring prices whilst recovering from a period of severely disrupted trading. Prices have gone up, but we won't compromise on quality, and we continue to stand by them.”

coincides with the third Michelin star👀

Last edited:

Back