Mayweather Vs McGregor 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

You should never bet big on boxing, I was certain that Haye was going to beat up Bellew within a minute. :lol:

I'm not going to pretend I fancied Tony to win for a minute, but they were completely different scenarios. Tony, while no world beater, is a credible boxer and had over 30 pro boxing fights before he faced Haye. He'd just won the European title, headlined his own PPV (Cleverly), fought and won a world title in a stadium and then moved up one weight class. Both are natural cruiserweights, Haye obviously had been up to heavyweight for a few other fights but by no means a big heavy at all and his run of opponents leading up to the fight was obviously well documented as being a joke. Still firmly expected Haye to win mind, but this isn't comparable at all. If Conor was in against a Sam Eggington type then i'd still heavily fancy the boxer to win, never mind facing the best boxer of our generation who has already beaten 49 other boxers with some very good names on his record. I honestly can't believe he is as short as 3/10.

I'm not going to pretend I fancied Tony to win for a minute, but they were completely different scenarios. Tony, while no world beater, is a credible boxer and had over 30 pro boxing fights before he faced Haye. He'd just won the European title, headlined his own PPV (Cleverly), fought and won a world title in a stadium and then moved up one weight class. Both are natural cruiserweights, Haye obviously had been up to heavyweight for a few other fights but by no means a big heavy at all and his run of opponents leading up to the fight was obviously well documented as being a joke. Still firmly expected Haye to win mind, but this isn't comparable at all. If Conor was in against a Sam Eggington type then i'd still heavily fancy the boxer to win, never mind facing the best boxer of our generation who has already beaten 49 other boxers with some very good names on his record. I honestly can't believe he is as short as 3/10.

Disagree, Haye was quicker, stronger and a better boxer than Bellew who many regarded as a lump. Haye was also 1/6 on to win while Floyd is only 3/10 to win this fight which showed that the bookies/punters agreed.

McGregor has the size/power advantage in this fight, can he do a Maidana to Floyd?

He is up against Conor McGregor.

Disagree, Haye was quicker, stronger and a better boxer than Bellew who many regarded as a lump. Haye was also 1/6 on to win while Floyd is only 3/10 to win this fight which showed that the bookies/punters agreed.

McGregor has the size/power advantage in this fight, can he do a Maidana to Floyd?

We'll have to agree to disagree then marra :p

If I do lump on Floyd then I'll likely end up watching, which I don't currently plan on doing, as I'd just be checking my phone all the time, ha. If he does come in further then I will put a fair bit on. Got a decent win yesterday on that Bet365 offer to kind of justify it anyway.

I know full well he is marra, I've heard very little else from Sky these past few weeks as they desperately try and cram in those few extra buys.

It's the whole boxing community, not just the SMB 'experts / geniuses' vs the casual sports fan and because boxing is still very much a niche sport and as this farce (sorry event) has certainly crossed over to the mainstream, then of course the latter is going to massively outweigh the aforementioned niche market.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have a good un FF. :)

It's the whole boxing community, not just the SMB 'experts / geniuses' vs the casual sports fan and because boxing is still very much a niche sport and as this farce (sorry event) has certainly crossed over to the mainstream, then of course the latter is going to massively outweigh the aforementioned niche market.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have a good un FF. :)

to be continued..

Who's he been sparring with then?
He could have googled it like me and just pretended that he knew who they were :lol:

...we sought out boxers who have worked with Mayweather in recent camps where he's been preparing to fight left-handers. Two of them, Zab Judah and DeMarcus Corley, lost unanimous decisions to Mayweather. One, Errol Spence Jr., might be the best welterweight in the world right now. None of them gives McGregor a chance...

It's just a question of whether Mayweather's age lets him down. If he's anywhere close to his prime he'll destroy McGregor though. He's an absolute machine at his best.

You should never bet big on boxing, I was certain that Haye was going to beat up Bellew within a minute. :lol:
Same. But they were both boxers though. This a very good boxer vs someone who is athletic and tough but not a boxer in any sense. May weather is also a superb tactician and incredibly fit so it's not like McGregor can rope a dope and try to outlast him, which I suspect will be the tactic

Last edited:
He could have googled it like me and just pretended that he knew who they were :lol:

...we sought out boxers who have worked with Mayweather in recent camps where he's been preparing to fight left-handers. Two of them, Zab Judah and DeMarcus Corley, lost unanimous decisions to Mayweather. One, Errol Spence Jr., might be the best welterweight in the world right now. None of them gives McGregor a chance...
Are they Mayweather's sparring partners? All three would beat McGregor in fairness. Spence looks like a great prospect.

He's still a novice at this level though. How many people would give Amir Khan or Kell Brook a chance against Mayweather?

i lumped on Haye and it backfired massively

you never know
Just like when McGregor lost to Diaz.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention that Haye had a very serious injury and was a punching bag for 5 rounds. Would back Haye massively in the rematch again personally.

Ive changed my mind on this fight the more I've thought about it , and I'm quite confident Mcgregor will win. We will see.

No point getting into the thought pattern, people have their opinions now so it just needs to pan out.

One thing I do 100% believe is that the McGregor camp are genuine in their belief they will win, it won't count for much to people outside of MMA but these guys predictions and thought processes are usually very close to the money.

Some good listening / watching is "MMA hour coach kavanagh two predictions". A 44 minute interview on the camp and his predictions for the fight from mcgregor head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back