Mass Effect - Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Played a couple hours of the trial. Never played a mass effect game before so not sure how useful my opinion would be. Graphics wise it all looks lovely in 4K, the exception being the character faces and expressions, and the lip syncing is atrocious. I'll give it another couple hours just to see where it's going but don't think I'll bother buying it.

Thats actually quite a serious thing for ME as a big part of the game is character interactions, which ME traditionally been one of the best games ever at.

Glad I plumped for Horizon over this now.
We'll see.

Last edited:
Glad I'm past the days of pre-ordering games, this looks like an absolute shit show from Bioware.

Also, just quickly browsing metacritic and one review I saw bemoaned at the lack of new races in the game, is this right? How is that even possible given they're in a new galaxy.

If you cannot see this is an excercise in milking the cash cow then I do not know what else you would see in this.

This joins the list of Gears of War, Halo, COD & Assasins Creed.

Heard some info that only 4 planets can actually be landed on and explored, that can't be right surely?
Half the fun of mass effect is exploring new planets with their climates etc.

I'm in it mainly for multi-player, but I'm also a bit wary of reviews. Too many people are stuck in 'everything is shit' mode these days. Also you shouldn't be allowed to review a game until you've finished it imho.

Mine got dispatched at 7 last night off Shopto so I'll be expecting it tomorrow rather than today. I'm still looking forward to it despite the average reviews. I'm pretty easily pleased when it comes to these types or RPGs so I reckon I'll still enjoy it I was just expecting it to be a game of the year contender

It was averaging 75/100 on Metacritic yesterday off 40ish reviews which isn't too bad

I think mine is turning up today. I'll be comparing it to the first ME rather than hysterically complaining that it's not the best game ever. While I'm against releasing a half finished product - I think there should be legislation in place to refund buyers if it's subsequently proven to be the case, because trust is always abused these days - and improving it once it's out in the wild that seems to be the fashion, so it's bound to get better over the next few months.

See the ps store has started selling andromeda points for multi player. Let the milking commence.

You could buy credits for the old multiplayer. It didn't get you anything you couldn't get if you were a half decent player.

To me it looks like certain characters are stunningly modelled with fantastic facial animations and others are absolutely laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back