Mass Effect - Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think its even the facial animations..its the eyes..they seem entirely independent of whats actually going on

it like they hired Terry Gilliam to do the eyes regardless of what the characters are looking at or who they are speaking to

everybody seems in a permanent state of wide eyed amazement

obviously it doesnt affect the non human races so speaking to them is fine

its the mad staring humans who roll their eyes or look at you shiftily with sideways glances

Last edited:

Firstly I love this type of game and always really enjoy Bioware games (I even thought Dragon Age 2 was class) so I'm probably biased bit I think this has been very harshly reviewed.

I've been on a canny bit now as I'm off work and I think it is class. I've noticed less bugs / glitches than say when Fallout 4 came out, much less to be honest. The facial animations are a bit dodgy at times, it reminds me of LA Noire where the developers have tried to make it super realistic but everyone looks like they are addicts needing a fix. The eyes are the worst part of it, darting about all over the place at times

The writing and characters are canny so far, some I like and some I don't. I've only noticed a couple occasions of bad voice acting although this includes the worst example since Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. Fairly early in the game you meet someone called Foster Addison and the first thing she says to you is terrible voice acting, I thought she was having a stroke

There are some 'padding missions' on locations and a decent amount of going from A to B to get C then back to A to hand it in which is annoying but in all fairness tons of ME fans asked for this after you could explore in the Mako on the first one and most RPGs have these types of quests. I don't mind the exploring but they really should have balanced the rewards you get a fair bit better. At the moment researching and crafting is a pain in the arse and I don't like it at all but I've noticed you can get some perks later that may improve this

In summary it isn't at the same level as the original trilogy or the Witcher 3 (which is the RPG pinnacle on current gen) but it is enjoyable if you are a fan of this sort of game, specifically Bioware games
Obligatory "am i fuck reading that" :lol:

Firstly I love this type of game and always really enjoy Bioware games (I even thought Dragon Age 2 was class) so I'm probably biased bit I think this has been very harshly reviewed.

I've been on a canny bit now as I'm off work and I think it is class. I've noticed less bugs / glitches than say when Fallout 4 came out, much less to be honest. The facial animations are a bit dodgy at times, it reminds me of LA Noire where the developers have tried to make it super realistic but everyone looks like they are addicts needing a fix. The eyes are the worst part of it, darting about all over the place at times

The writing and characters are canny so far, some I like and some I don't. I've only noticed a couple occasions of bad voice acting although this includes the worst example since Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. Fairly early in the game you meet someone called Foster Addison and the first thing she says to you is terrible voice acting, I thought she was having a stroke

There are some 'padding missions' on locations and a decent amount of going from A to B to get C then back to A to hand it in which is annoying but in all fairness tons of ME fans asked for this after you could explore in the Mako on the first one and most RPGs have these types of quests. I don't mind the exploring but they really should have balanced the rewards you get a fair bit better. At the moment researching and crafting is a pain in the arse and I don't like it at all but I've noticed you can get some perks later that may improve this

In summary it isn't at the same level as the original trilogy or the Witcher 3 (which is the RPG pinnacle on current gen) but it is enjoyable if you are a fan of this sort of game, specifically Bioware games
Bloody hell, you thought DA2 was class :eek:

It's better than ME3, based on the first nine hours or so. Loads of side quests, I've got about half a dozen to do on the first planet and I've already done a few. Minor issues - it's tricky to keep a track of your missions and equip armour and weapons, the character creator isn't great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you have space sex with her? Please make this your primary objective.

It seems ludicrously easy to initiate romances mind. First conversation with anyone you can have a go. Worse than ME3 when you could have changed the sheets three times before leaving dock.

Any one playing this? On the first mission after I find the first aliens I have to look for more team members. As soon as I find the next aliens the game crashes, keeps happening when I reload too CE 34878-0

Any one playing this? On the first mission after I find the first aliens I have to look for more team members. As soon as I find the next aliens the game crashes, keeps happening when I reload too CE 34878-0

On Habitat 7?

I'd probably go with a full re-install to see if that fixes it. If not check the forums to see if it's a common bug, there might be a fix.

About 20hrs in now I reckon. It's significantly better than ME3. The combat is better, the interactions and exploration are good. It's even funny. There may only be a few planets to land on, but they're gigantic and filled with stuff to do. Graphically it's not perfect by any stretch but it's definitely a very worthy successor to ME1 and 2. The story really takes off after Eos.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Habitat 7?

I'd probably go with a full re-install to see if that fixes it. If not check the forums to see if it's a common bug, there might be a fix.

About 20hrs in now I reckon. It's significantly better than ME3. The combat is better, the interactions and exploration are good. It's even funny. There may only be a few planets to land on, but they're gigantic and filled with stuff to do. Graphically it's not perfect by any stretch but it's definitely a very worthy successor to ME1 and 2. The story really takes off after Eos.
did you got to voeld or the other one

The power combos are satisfying as fuck

Charge-Nova-WIN.

I'm close to putting this on the same platform as ME1. It's getting better and better. I love the whole monolith, vault, outpost method.

I saw that a few other people were reporting same issue on PS Pro so switched to 1080p and had no more crashes.

Might change back and see how it goes. Not really impressed so far, I'm on Eos and a bit lost. The game seems to have loads to do but I have no idea what is going on, also hate Sudoku.

I like game to hold my hand through an example of a new system (Mining, Reverse Eng etc..)

Struggle to look at the blonde lass without wanting to laugh or vomit!

Can you only track one quest at a time?

This game reminds me a lot of Inquisition, not a good thing.

Tbh it seems a lot worse than it actually is because I'm comparing it to the original trilogy, which blows it away.

god damn it how do you take down a remanant architect

I has the one on eos down to its last leg only to die just at the last minute!!!!! aaarrghghghghg!!!!!!!!

god damn it how do you take down a remanant architect

I has the one on eos down to its last leg only to die just at the last minute!!!!! aaarrghghghghg!!!!!!!!

Use the squad command to concentrate fire on one leg. Apart from that, run like hell :) took me a good twenty minutes to take it down. I put a turret near the leg to chip away at it while I'm frantically hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back