Mass Effect - Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two gig update the day before official release. The facial animations are odd like.

Put about four hours in. Initial impressions on gameplay are good. There seems to be plenty to do if you like to wander around like I do. I'm not even exploring outside of the ship yet. Some of the animation though, Jesus.

Plus I'd like to hear your impressions on the first Krogan you meet....

Put about four hours in. Initial impressions on gameplay are good. There seems to be plenty to do if you like to wander around like I do. I'm not even exploring outside of the ship yet. Some of the animation though, Jesus.

Installing now...

Love open world me like.

Spending ages on character customisation. Again, creating a WAD. :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Reactions: Dsb
There's no way to know if you've visited and investigated a place on your map :lol:

" The Xbox One, on the other hand, generally sticks to 900p with drops to an oddball resolution of 1344×756 for some scenes.
Digital Foundry examined gameplay on both consoles, and found that the performance was damn-near identical. Both versions are capped at 30fps, and it’s not uncommon to see drops to the mid-20s, screen tearing, and some ugly judder during hectic combat. "

Thats shocking really.

Last edited:

Just met him. Raging bender :lol: (him not you)

Just met him. Raging bender :lol: (him not you)

I'm wondering whether it's an in joke based on the Krogan in hot pink that was so fashionable in ME3 multi-player.

I can see what they've tried to do with the facial expressions - they've tried to make them more lifelike by introducing an element of unpredictability into it. Unfortunately it's not working properly so you get them baring their teeth and eyes darting all over the place at inappropriate times. Also it looks like there's a lot of stuff that was 'finished' when they were planning on possibly releasing on the last gen consoles that has just been left as it was.

It's not bad this mind. Exploration similar to the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I love this type of game and always really enjoy Bioware games (I even thought Dragon Age 2 was class) so I'm probably biased bit I think this has been very harshly reviewed.

I've been on a canny bit now as I'm off work and I think it is class. I've noticed less bugs / glitches than say when Fallout 4 came out, much less to be honest. The facial animations are a bit dodgy at times, it reminds me of LA Noire where the developers have tried to make it super realistic but everyone looks like they are addicts needing a fix. The eyes are the worst part of it, darting about all over the place at times

The writing and characters are canny so far, some I like and some I don't. I've only noticed a couple occasions of bad voice acting although this includes the worst example since Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. Fairly early in the game you meet someone called Foster Addison and the first thing she says to you is terrible voice acting, I thought she was having a stroke

There are some 'padding missions' on locations and a decent amount of going from A to B to get C then back to A to hand it in which is annoying but in all fairness tons of ME fans asked for this after you could explore in the Mako on the first one and most RPGs have these types of quests. I don't mind the exploring but they really should have balanced the rewards you get a fair bit better. At the moment researching and crafting is a pain in the arse and I don't like it at all but I've noticed you can get some perks later that may improve this

In summary it isn't at the same level as the original trilogy or the Witcher 3 (which is the RPG pinnacle on current gen) but it is enjoyable if you are a fan of this sort of game, specifically Bioware games

yeah I caved and got it for the PC cd keys had a canny deal

and I am enjoying it...the characters swivel their eyes a bit too much but apart from that it looks good and plays fine....and it seems massive

Firstly I love this type of game and always really enjoy Bioware games (I even thought Dragon Age 2 was class) so I'm probably biased bit I think this has been very harshly reviewed.

I've been on a canny bit now as I'm off work and I think it is class. I've noticed less bugs / glitches than say when Fallout 4 came out, much less to be honest. The facial animations are a bit dodgy at times, it reminds me of LA Noire where the developers have tried to make it super realistic but everyone looks like they are addicts needing a fix. The eyes are the worst part of it, darting about all over the place at times

The writing and characters are canny so far, some I like and some I don't. I've only noticed a couple occasions of bad voice acting although this includes the worst example since Resident Evil 1 on the PS1. Fairly early in the game you meet someone called Foster Addison and the first thing she says to you is terrible voice acting, I thought she was having a stroke

There are some 'padding missions' on locations and a decent amount of going from A to B to get C then back to A to hand it in which is annoying but in all fairness tons of ME fans asked for this after you could explore in the Mako on the first one and most RPGs have these types of quests. I don't mind the exploring but they really should have balanced the rewards you get a fair bit better. At the moment researching and crafting is a pain in the arse and I don't like it at all but I've noticed you can get some perks later that may improve this

In summary it isn't at the same level as the original trilogy or the Witcher 3 (which is the RPG pinnacle on current gen) but it is enjoyable if you are a fan of this sort of game, specifically Bioware games
Excellent post .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back