Local press becoming obsessed with our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the old, fans too expectant, piling the pressure on, is being aired this week.

It's utter bullshit. The ground would be full, given the slightest glimmer of hope.

Not trophies, not championships no,

Just an expectation of safc winning , maybe a ridiculous target, but 8 out of the 23 games we have.

I'm an impatient twat though

Tin hat on but it helped the mags last season playing in front of a full house every week it makes a better atmosphere and pressure on the ref

They had a manager they had and still have faith in, they had a squad that they felt shouldn't have been relegated, they spent the money they got in on new players, not on servicing the debt, they got off to a decent start rather than one away game out of the first twelve matches in the Championship with no wins in six at home meaning no home wins at home all year. We have none of those things...

So the old, fans too expectant, piling the pressure on, is being aired this week.

It's utter bullshit. The ground would be full, given the slightest glimmer of hope.

Not trophies, not championships no,

Just an expectation of safc winning , maybe a ridiculous target, but 8 out of the 23 games we have.

I'm an impatient twat though
The SOL is no worse than anywhere else.

They've been airing the "poor Adam Matthews line" today. Poor lad got a bit stick for failing to control the ball several times.

That fella who used to play for Celtic. You know those patient, ever so quiet Glaswegians.

Even go to any Northern League game and a full back would get dogs abuse for misplacing passes like that.

Last time in the championship, Quinn manager lose first four, steps aside, Keane watching as around 24000 were there as wba were beaten 2-0.

We then had the lift of a new manager, attitude and attacking intent.

Crowds grew as the season progressed to 40000 plus.

There is not a hope in hell of Grayson getting the players going, never mind a full house at the sol again

I'm convinced a new owner then manager, we at least stay up this season, if this is allowed to continue, the div 1 is the destination.

I would settle for a new manager to be going on with

Maybe so, but didn't they spend a lot of money on new players, have a much better squad and manager. Furthermore, after the first two games they actually won almost all of their matches! Not even the f***ing Geordie Nation (spit!!) would have put up with the crap we are witnessing!
80m, not a lot of money?

James Hunter. The Chronicle.

This is the time the Black Cats need their supporters more than ever.

A mistake or a misplaced pass or two, and the grumbles will start.

the reaction of the fans can either make that task easier or more difficult

Phil Smith, The Echo

The mood invariably is at best flat, at worst vicious.

There have been players, teams and managers booed over the years, but ironic cheers for successful passes marked a new level of discontent.

Anyone else get sick of reading about ourselves? And all the while they hint at issues with our support and dare not utter a jot about Grayson, Short or Bain.

To me the SOL crowd is generally patient and desperate to get behind the team. We gave Moyes an age and still there's no hint of turning on Simple Si.

I must just visit a different ground to these press jobbers.

There has been plenty articles questioning Short and Grayson and there will continue to be...Which bit of the two articles you quote is wrong btw? Both seem pretty accurate to me tbh.

There has been plenty articles questioning Short and Grayson and there will continue to be...Which bit of the two articles you quote is wrong btw? Both seem pretty accurate to me tbh.
Fans at fault for miss kicks, team selections and a defensive mindset?

James Hunter. The Chronicle.

This is the time the Black Cats need their supporters more than ever.

A mistake or a misplaced pass or two, and the grumbles will start.

the reaction of the fans can either make that task easier or more difficult

Phil Smith, The Echo

The mood invariably is at best flat, at worst vicious.

There have been players, teams and managers booed over the years, but ironic cheers for successful passes marked a new level of discontent.

Anyone else get sick of reading about ourselves? And all the while they hint at issues with our support and dare not utter a jot about Grayson, Short or Bain.

To me the SOL crowd is generally patient and desperate to get behind the team. We gave Moyes an age and still there's no hint of turning on Simple Si.

I must just visit a different ground to these press jobbers.
no hint

Fans at fault for miss kicks, team selections and a defensive mindset?

Fans getting on players backs who are picked so they are under more pressure and are more likely to make mistakes definitely. Grayson is responsible for team selection and tactics and to be fair has often had a lot of injuries to cope with during these first few weeks of the season.

Fans getting on players backs who are picked so they are under more pressure and are more likely to make mistakes definitely. Grayson is responsible for team selection and tactics and to be fair has often had a lot of injuries to cope with during these first few weeks of the season.
I see. Fans fault basically then. Would you advocate an empty stadium, similar to that Barca match, so the players, could not be pressured into performing?

Maybe so, but didn't they spend a lot of money on new players, have a much better squad and manager. Furthermore, after the first two games they actually won almost all of their matches! Not even the f***ing Geordie Nation (spit!!) would have put up with the crap we are witnessing!
When they went down twice they kept players like Nolan , Barton . They kept the lines of shelvey too . Ellis just sells any fucker he can .

I don't have a problem with the article. In some respects they are right - it's becoming harder and harder for the team to play at home given the boos, the moaning and the griping, not to mention the 25,000 empty seats however it is Chicken and Egg - the fans needs something to shout about and the players aren't doing their part. We have had so much shit to put up with over the last 12-18 months that I don't blame anyone for not going or for being frustrated (I don't see how booing is supposed to help, but to each their own). I'm not sure what needs to happen to improve the situation

It isn't going to help agreed but when you've been force fed this shit for a decade it becomes very wearing..The local press should also be hammering the club both barrels instead of singling out shite like this

I don't have a problem with the article. In some respects they are right - it's becoming harder and harder for the team to play at home given the boos, the moaning and the griping, not to mention the 25,000 empty seats however it is Chicken and Egg - the fans needs something to shout about and the players aren't doing their part. We have had so much shit to put up with over the last 12-18 months that I don't blame anyone for not going or for being frustrated (I don't see how booing is supposed to help, but to each their own). I'm not sure what needs to happen to improve the situation
A sale needs to happen. Our useless owner out and his grim reaper gone with him.

Anywhere else but here Moyes would have been peddled last season after ten ignominious games yet the fans by and large stuck with him till after xmas. It's a tad unrealistic to expect the fans to be forever patient given the shit we've put up with for far too long. Sunderland supporters don't need to be told how to behave. We ask for little and invariably get less. The fans are by far the best thing about this club and always will be. Hunter, Smith and Baggypuss can fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back