Local press becoming obsessed with our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, but having sat through 6 painful games this season on top of the 19 last season I can understand it. Makes us a bit (more) of a laughing stock as the media will always compare us to Newcastle and how their fans stayed with them....

You can't compare how they were relegated to the way we went down like. They knew they would be mounting a promotion push whilst we knew this would be another season of struggle, albeit not as bad as it's turned out.

A new owner,a new manager and a half decent team.It sends shivers down my spine when I think how far away we are from that.For years the Echo was reluctant to criticise the club,and some on here still won't accept criticism directed at the club.FTM.Our situation wouldn't be so serious to most of our supporters if the mags were fucked,as in worse off than us.It's always been the same though.When we're doing better than the mags,our situation has always been acceptable.Fuck me,we all know know fans who would accept relegation if a derby win was thrown in as part of the deal.I know,I know,but a couple of wins and the odd draw in the next 6 games and slight optimism will reappear.The local press will then start praising us and a few more fans will start attending games.

You can't compare how they were relegated to the way we went down like. They knew they would be mounting a promotion push whilst we knew this would be another season of struggle, albeit not as bad as it's turned out.
I didn't say it was a fair comparison, but it's the comparison the media will make

we have had 5 or 6 years of abject misery and there just comes a time when enough is enough. My daughter and grandson go in sufferance as do I and many others around us. It goes a lot further back than 12 months
The cup final was canny like. As was beating the mags every time. I think 5 or 6 seasons of abject misery is slightly over the top. Losing 20k plus fans is ridiculous imo.

Need to get in a new young manager with attacking ideas and enthusiasm. Would help get the crowd together

Fed up of this debate. When we turned up in our numbers, the performances were awful and we got beat and when we don't turn up, the performances are awful and we get beat.
Perhaps the journos should highlight the facts we have a set of players whom dont care and only happy about the pay chq rather than playing for the shirt. Have they identified our actual home record and what the fans are getting for their money?
Its like most things, get your product right and the repeat business will follow. What is our product...11 numpties!!!!

It's simply because no other team has lost so many fans after a relegation.
No matter what league we are in next season the crowds will go as low as 14000 if we are on the continued downward spiral.
The whole thing is a f***ing tragedy
Investment of time, effort and money has to come from both sides unfortunately this has been lacking from the club for some time and has just sickened people to the point of total apathy.

The Chron/Journal’s Stuart Rayner’s timeline during the game is about 60% tweets about what the crowd were doing. Take a look yourself... man’s obsessed!

The Chron/Journal’s Stuart Rayner’s timeline during the game is about 60% tweets about what the crowd were doing. Take a look yourself... man’s obsessed!
There were no mock funerals, bedsheets or french flag painted faces as far as i’m aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back