Local press becoming obsessed with our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arcane Jesh

James Hunter. The Chronicle.

This is the time the Black Cats need their supporters more than ever.

A mistake or a misplaced pass or two, and the grumbles will start.

the reaction of the fans can either make that task easier or more difficult

Phil Smith, The Echo

The mood invariably is at best flat, at worst vicious.

There have been players, teams and managers booed over the years, but ironic cheers for successful passes marked a new level of discontent.

Anyone else get sick of reading about ourselves? And all the while they hint at issues with our support and dare not utter a jot about Grayson, Short or Bain.

To me the SOL crowd is generally patient and desperate to get behind the team. We gave Moyes an age and still there's no hint of turning on Simple Si.

I must just visit a different ground to these press jobbers.

when the players have the balls to try and get a hold of the ball, carry it, pass and move and show some character when things go wrong the supporters will warm to them.

James Vaughan was applauded off the park after a dismal performance a couple of weeks back purely because he grafted his arse off. I watched Southampton's supporters ironically cheer Fraser Forster yesterday and thats on the back of a season where they reached a cup final and finished 8th in the top flight. The media, whether it be local or national, can piss off with supporter criticism. They should concentrate their efforts on hammering the club with questions about its direction; what are current plans, what are future plans, what are their aspirations for this season, do they intend to sell?

Phil Smith, The Echo

There have been players, teams and managers booed over the years, but ironic cheers for successful passes marked a new level of discontent.

Anyone else get sick of reading about ourselves? And all the while they hint at issues with our support and dare not utter a jot about Grayson, Short or Bain.

To me the SOL crowd is generally patient and desperate to get behind the team. We gave Moyes an age and still there's no hint of turning on Simple Si.

Agree 100%.

It's almost as if they are being fed this stuff.

We've gone so far beyond "unconditional support" now its ridiculous. The club is virtually dead..can't expect the fans to just sing little dittys for 90 minutes.

Phil Smith, The Echo

Why does it get to you? It's how we are seen nationwide and even internationally now. Early leavers to boo own team - almost as if the whole shite on and off the pitch has been ignored and why we are sick.

Phil Smith, The Echo

Most fans at other clubs would have been in absolute meldown after the defeats against Sheff Utd, Cardiff etc. they have been let off very lightly. As they were last season. The media should be questioning why everyone is so apathetic. As fans we have been massively patient considering we have not witnessed a home win since December f***ing 2016.

Is there a comparison? Are there any other teams that have witnessed so much shite?

Last edited:
Tin hat on but it helped the mags last season playing in front of a full house every week it makes a better atmosphere and pressure on the ref

Would that support have been there had they failed to have won a home game since December of the previous year and spent £1.5m on players? Then had to endure watching a manager that continues to select the wrong players, play the wrong tactics and persist on playing endless long balls to a striker that struggles to win any headers?

No mate, they would be in absolute meltdown mode and would have put a hell of a lot more pressure on the players and club than we have done. There is no doubt about that.

Most fans at other clubs would have been in absolute meldown after the defeats against Sheff Utd, Cardiff etc. they have been let off very lightly. As they were last season. The media should be questioning why everyone is so apathetic. As fans we have been massively patient considering we have not witnessed a home win since December f***ing 2017.

Is there a comparison? Are there any other teams that have witnessed so much shite?

we are the worst club of our size in Europe now. We have the worst home record globally now out of any top 2 divisions. What a good prospect.

Phil Smith, The Echo

I must admit I share their view every time I go. I often compare it to a mass therapy session for their bad week at work.

Mind you. Who can blame our fans after the last few years and as for this season. At least we know we’ve 26k season card holders as nobody can still be going.

Would that support have been there had they failed to have won a home game since December of the previous year and spent £1.5m on players? Then had to endure watching a manager that continues to select the wrong players, play the wrong tactics and persist on playing endless long balls to a striker that struggles to win any headers?

No mate, they would be in absolute meltdown mode and would have put a hell of a lot more pressure on the players and club than we have done. There is no doubt about that.
I agree and said The same yesterday I'm just saying it helps your home form when the place is full

Why does it get to you? It's how we are seen nationwide and even internationally now. Early leavers to boo own team - almost as if the whole shite on and off the pitch has been ignored and why we are sick.
Because these so called professionals get paid to write about our club - every aspect - for actual local newspapers.

They refuse to criticise Grayson, are terrified of Bain and only occasionally mention Short.

Yet they each write 2 or 3 articles a week about our home support.

The Chronicle had a front page splash mere weeks ago calling out Mike Ashley because he hadn't given poor Rafa enough cash. Yet they and the Echo see fit to avoid the real issues at SAFC and write about our support instead.

What is wrong with them? There was about 20,000 silent souls there on Saturday. Not some baying mob as these paranoid fuckers are making out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tin hat on but it helped the mags last season playing in front of a full house every week it makes a better atmosphere and pressure on the ref
Maybe so, but didn't they spend a lot of money on new players, have a much better squad and manager. Furthermore, after the first two games they actually won almost all of their matches! Not even the f***ing Geordie Nation (spit!!) would have put up with the crap we are witnessing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back