Local press becoming obsessed with our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must admit I share their view every time I go. I often compare it to a mass therapy session for their bad week at work.

Mind you. Who can blame our fans after the last few years and as for this season. At least we know we’ve 26k season card holders as nobody can still be going.
Just under 21k mate

It's pretty simple- Grayson sets out from the start with a visable (from fans point of view) attempt to try and go at oppo and win the game and fans will get onside

Fans don't start by getting on players backs first.....It's a reaction to shit football and poor play / performances.

If they take the bull by the horns then fans will react accordingly.
What we have been seeing though is cautious play by a manager setting up first and foremost not to lose and players playing poorly from the off.

In terms of the articles, I'm a massive cynic so i think this is certain journos (those present at Bain's behind closed doors 'interview' too -hmmmmmm) toeing the party line.
Or, at best, it's simply lazy journalism and looking for easy stories.

They've hardly been challenging to the club so far in the last year or so.
I actually challenged hunter after game on Saturday in Twitter to actually ask some probing questions of Grayson, such as why he didn't start better players etc, rather than the bog standard pressers they usually do. Let's see if they actually dare

Every one of the fans that turned up on Saturday, or indeed any game this season, should be commended for their efforts. That said, booing and jeering, however justified, will never help; it just creates a hostile atmosphere that very few players respond to and that compounds the situation.

I'm not saying that the fans should accept our current plight, or are in any way to blame for our abject performances, rather they should wait until after the final whistle to voice discontent.

I was there on Saturday and think it would have been a different game had McGeady scored the one-on-one. I know, if my uncle had balls etc.

Whatever our individual opinions are, we all want the same thing and it's a devastating time to be a Sunderland fan at the moment.

The 'this is the time the black cats need their supporters more than ever'. Patronising, condescending drivel.

This is a time that the supporters need their club more than ever to show them their support is valued, worthwhile and something to believe in.

For the past decade the club has had, on average, 40k people through the gates every other week. We have been served up relegation battle after relegation battle, managerial upheaval, off field upheaval, player arrests (more than once), a player conviction, our best players sold and not replaced, a fascism debacle, a stadium slowly depreciate and of course a relegation. And that decade of dross was on the back of three relegations within a decade. And now we are second bottom of the second tier, on course to match our worst ever season.

No trophies. No European football. We've a handful of derby wins and a League cup final defeat to show for our support.

These journalists can do me a favour with the 'need us more than ever' shite.
f***ing bang on mate!

I don't know if you just skipped / couldn't make the game on Saturday or if you haven't been this season. My suggestion though, if your circumstances permit would be to get along to a game and sample the atmosphere because it's no venomous pit. Saturday was just quiet with the odd roar if we looked like breaking forward etc. There was no audible booing of players or abuse from where I sit. Moments before the equaliser there was the ironic cheers following a 5 minute spell of breathtaking incompetence. Thats was it, 10 seconds of light ribbing. The way the manager and media are going on you'd think it was rabid when that's a million miles from reality.

This is it in a nutshell.

The 'this is the time the black cats need their supporters more than ever'. Patronising, condescending drivel.

This is a time that the supporters need their club more than ever to show them their support is valued, worthwhile and something to believe in.

For the past decade the club has had, on average, 40k people through the gates every other week. We have been served up relegation battle after relegation battle, managerial upheaval, off field upheaval, player arrests (more than once), a player conviction, our best players sold and not replaced, a fascism debacle, a stadium slowly depreciate and of course a relegation. And that decade of dross was on the back of three relegations within a decade. And now we are second bottom of the second tier, on course to match our worst ever season.

No trophies. No European football. We've a handful of derby wins and a League cup final defeat to show for our support.

Post of 2017 simple as that. No more needs saying.

Well said.

Think the OP has it spot on. Bit narked by the reluctance to raise actual issues about the likes of Bain and Grayson but that they're happy to have a pop at the supporters.

Well said.

Think the OP has it spot on. Bit narked by the reluctance to raise actual issues about the likes of Bain and Grayson but that they're happy to have a pop at the supporters.

as you are no doubt aware if the media of this region actually did their job of reporting the news of what is really going on they would lose their access to the club, talk about using the easy road, that wouldn't bite them back or will it

I love a thread about football reporters, it gives me a chance to roll out my opinion of them again.... (I've posted this before)

Football journalists are the lowest of the low. They sponge off the back of the game, licking the arses of the 'big' clubs and spread or start rumours about transfers for which they are totally unaccountable to anyone. I'm one of the most placid laid back people you'll come across but if I found a football journalist on fire on my front lawn I'd honestly let the fucker burn in the hope that the heat might bring my daffodils up a few days early.

Ironically better than a stadium with fans in that boo the players or give sarcastic cheers when a pass is completed so yes.

Most of them have only been here a few weeks.

The transfer window ended in August. Stop making excuses for poor performances man. Are you on a constant windup or thick as shit?

oh I see. its the fan's fault that rhey are not betting behind the team :lol:. it i had my way there would be an empty stadium.

They critise our support because they are afraid to criticise the club as the paper they are working for will get banned fron the SoL.

Tin hat on but it helped the mags last season playing in front of a full house every week it makes a better atmosphere and pressure on the ref
The mags kept the manager they all wanted and spent £50m in the process the obvious aim for them was promotion and the fans could see that, are you saying our obvious aim is promotion when we spent less than £2m and appointed a man never to have gain promotion out of this division?. Very very different situations and if tables were flipped you'd have had mass demonstrations by now by the mags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back