Local press becoming obsessed with our home support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mags kept the manager they all wanted and spent £50m in the process the obvious aim for them was promotion and the fans could see that, are you saying our obvious aim is promotion when we spent less than £2m and appointed a man never to have gain promotion out of this division?. Very very different situations and if tables were flipped you'd have had mass demonstrations by now by the mags.
It's f***ing mental, how any one can compare the two situations they must be either thick or a f***ing mag.

Some fans who don't go are as obsessed with the media about those who do go. They've got this weird misconstrued view that those who do attend are somehow at fault for the mess the club are in.

Some fans who don't go are as obsessed with the media about those who do go. They've got this weird misconstrued view that those who do attend are somehow at fault for the mess the club are in.

The logic being that as many people as possible staying away is what is necessary to secure change and those who go are somehow condoning the status quo. Not something I subscribe to.

I don't have a problem with the article. In some respects they are right - it's becoming harder and harder for the team to play at home given the boos, the moaning and the griping, not to mention the 25,000 empty seats however it is Chicken and Egg - the fans needs something to shout about and the players aren't doing their part. We have had so much shit to put up with over the last 48 - 60 months that I don't blame anyone for not going or for being frustrated (I don't see how booing is supposed to help, but to each their own). I'm not sure what needs to happen to improve the situation

agree

The 'this is the time the black cats need their supporters more than ever'. Patronising, condescending drivel.

This is a time that the supporters need their club more than ever to show them their support is valued, worthwhile and something to believe in.

For the past decade the club has had, on average, 40k people through the gates every other week. We have been served up relegation battle after relegation battle, managerial upheaval, off field upheaval, player arrests (more than once), a player conviction, our best players sold and not replaced, a fascism debacle, a stadium slowly depreciate and of course a relegation. And that decade of dross was on the back of three relegations within a decade. And now we are second bottom of the second tier, on course to match our worst ever season.

No trophies. No European football. We've a handful of derby wins and a League cup final defeat to show for our support.

These journalists can do me a favour with the 'need us more than ever' shite.

And don't forget the supporters loyalty has been rewarded with the removal of the metro travel pass and coupons that used to come with the ST card.

That's on top of the shit team, ground that's been left to decay and horrible kit. We really are spoilt us SAFC fans.

Tin hat on but it helped the mags last season playing in front of a full house every week it makes a better atmosphere and pressure on the ref

that's true enough,but there was money and determination to get back to the premier league asap,we've not seen owt like that from our owner,he's just happy to drift along and see what happens as you can see for yourself in every game this season

Target is nearly achieved, lose to Bristol city and Bolton next week, should see an empty stadium and safc commence on the march to fourth bottom, with the pressure off

that's one horrible picture ya painting there marra,sadly ya not to far off the mark

Last edited:
At least the fans who turn up care about the club. Manager, players, and the press get paid for turning up. The dross we are watching is abysmal, and falls well below the skill and effort level I as a supporter expect, surely we are entitled to express our opinion

look, it is simple. Its expensive, time consuming and shit going to watch us - for all the tribalism, for most its about wanting to have a good experience which SAFC does not deliver.

short has pulled the plug and i cant imagine many managers would begetting much out of our squad right now.

until Short goes, we are stuck in this mess and its only now about whether we can survive in this league.

The amount of people who've packed in going because we got relegated is laughable imo.
It is, but having sat through 6 painful games this season on top of the 19 last season I can understand it. Makes us a bit (more) of a laughing stock as the media will always compare us to Newcastle and how their fans stayed with them....

It is, but having sat through 6 painful games this season on top of the 19 last season I can understand it. Makes us a bit (more) of a laughing stock as the media will always compare us to Newcastle and how their fans stayed with them....
They did tbf. A lot of ours simply fucked off.

It started last season. Swansea game was a joke with so many empty spaces in the ground
You can't fault the mags, they stayed with their team and stayed behind the manager. That said, there was far mor optimism and energy around them once Bennytizz said he was staying, not to mention the fact that the owner gave them £50m to spend(!)

The amount of people who've packed in going because we got relegated is laughable imo.

The poor early season form is the proverbial straw that's broken the camel's back imho.

To continue with such bad home results after 4/5 seasons of doing the same in the Prem topped off with no home win in 2017 I can understand why folk have stopped going.

we have had 5 or 6 years of abject misery and there just comes a time when enough is enough. My daughter and grandson go in sufferance as do I and many others around us. It goes a lot further back than 12 months

It started last season. Swansea game was a joke with so many empty spaces in the ground
You can't fault the mags, they stayed with their team and stayed behind the manager. That said, there was far mor optimism and energy around them once Bennytizz said he was staying, not to mention the fact that the owner gave them £50m to spend(!)
That's the reason, there was a sense of optimism and hope from the mags, meanwhile the opposite was happening with us. There crowds would have been down as well if in a similar position.

Mind these journalists can fuck right off, same as Lineker last year, some nerve criticising fans like.

The transfer window ended in August. Stop making excuses for poor performances man. Are you on a constant windup or thick as shit?

And we are only half way through October which is a period of around 6 weeks....One of us is thick as shit, sadly for you it isnt me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back