Live streaming platform unveiled for global EFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

They don't want people sitting at home or in the pub watching games, they want them in the stadiums over paying for shite food and drink, they are as usual taking the piss out of the fans.

There wasn't much they could do last season to stop the games being shown in the local pubs so I can understand why they would not want to stream the games.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Two points.

1. The bit about a multi-camera system with commentary being too costly is utter horse plop. The local university here, where I work, webstreams home basketball, volleyball and soccer. If the local radio station is doing the game, they can sync in the commentary. Regardless, it is streamed for free. It isn't that costly to run three decent quality cameras and a switching board. Our annual budget is probably roughly the annual salary of Jack Rodwell. If we can afford it, SAFC can afford it, especially as they'll be charging a fee.

2. If they aren't going to have the video available regularly, then they should at least invest in decent radio commentators. I can't handle listening to a season of Benno droning on about how miserable everything is. I got hooked nearly 20 years ago in an era where few games were televised here because Crabbers and Rowell could keep my interest, and it drew me into the vortex even further. I wonder if I'd have stayed on board listening to Benno every week. Stuart Vose did the match co-commentary yesterday, the difference, even though he's nothing special. Give us something more than an admittedly loyal club servant who sits silent for minutes on end until something goes wrong, then moans in vague generalities about it.

Between now and Halloween I believe there's only something like two of our games that either a) isn't being shown on TV or b) isn't against a team using iFollow, and one of those games (Hull) will likely end up getting picked up by Sky.

I think we will still get to see the majority of our games this season although it does depend on fans of opposing teams being arsed to pop up a stream from iFollow to the wider web.

Hull away is scheduled for international broadcast Saturday 16 September at 3pm so doubt that one will change.

To be fair if we are on Sky or an overseas channel lots people would be moaning that they'd paid their £110 and couldn't watch!

Cannot have been an easy decision for the club. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The article in the Chronicle says the club has emailed the details to people who contacted the club over this. Well, I was one of them and as of today, there is no email from the club for me to read. Anyone get it? If so, please cut and paste to this thread. Thanks.

Didn't get one either.

Last edited:
So how many people on here complaining about this actually live abroad where this service is aimed at?

Me.

People understandably want to live-stream the matches.

The club knows this.

The service they are offering doesn't do that, so whatever their aim is, it's woefully off the mark.

Honestly boggles the mind how f***ing moronic the people in charge of key decisions at the club are.

Cannot think of one thing in the last few years that they've done that made me think 'great decision'.

It's as much stuff like this as transfer funds that makes me desperate for a change of ownership. We need a whole f***ing shape up of ideas and approaches throughout the club.

The club is a f***ing joke. I love that actually want people to pay to watch a match the day after. It's not 1997 where us non-UK supporters were stuck with dial-up or early ethernet connections and at best got an audio stream or followed in a chat room waiting for updates from local folks listening on the radio. I hope they don't get a single subscriber and the media team gets sacked.

Nope. He made his money from turning failing companies around.
No, he made his money by preying on the weak giving back very little. Here's a recent piece on his former company. It's disgusting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathan...llionaire-banker-in-the-shadows/#30b7ba64a84e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back