Live streaming platform unveiled for global EFL fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed him as well.

Anyone else that wants to make their opinion known...

Supporter Liaison Officer 0191 551 5122 [email protected]

Will send one when I get to work later.

Would much rather give the club money and keep supporting the lads. But looks like will be denied that opportunity.

In the meantime, bein sports. Do you need this kodi thing to watch it?

Did a bit of digging on the site - looks like you can buy individual matches for $7. Further, they have the list of internationally broadcast matches through October 1. We're on 3 times, all three of them are against other clubs not joining the iFollow system.

We are able to purchase an individual game if it's against a club who is in ifollow? That should work for quite a few although $7 a pop will add up.

Last edited:
Did a bit of digging on the site - looks like you can buy individual matches for $7. Further, they have the list of internationally broadcast matches through October 1. We're on 3 times, all three of them are against other clubs not joining the iFollow system.

Where did you find this? This is all I could find on the site under FAQ

Can I purchase a pass on a monthly basis or for a single game?

At present only season passes are available.

Will be sending Chris Waters another (5th) email today with the sad resigning fact I wont get a response in the back of my mind. If SAFC as a business operate in anyway like the global lot I work for I would advise your concerns are cc'd to [email protected].

For a long time I have kept hope that the ever growing bridge between the club and us (the fans) has been falling apart. It came into full view with the smoke and mirrors crap we were fed last year regarding the first team. This as an international supporter has blown me away, at a time that the club needs every single Black Cats fan on board it's in one glorious swoop cut off thousands of them.

I understand the want and need for getting bums on seats as well as food and drink bought but I for one will not be spending a dime on the club this year. That might not sound like such a loss to most but an annual spend of up to $800 AUD wont be pumped into the club shop... that's one fan. I can only imagine how many international fans the club has who might throw a few quid here and there at some merch, a subscription or even a ticket on visit back to the UK. It all adds up.

The beauty of this is that I'm not angry at the club anymore, I'm now disinterested.

Will be sending Chris Waters another (5th) email today with the sad resigning fact I wont get a response in the back of my mind. If SAFC as a business operate in anyway like the global lot I work for I would advise your concerns are cc'd to [email protected].

For a long time I have kept hope that the ever growing bridge between the club and us (the fans) has been falling apart. It came into full view with the smoke and mirrors crap we were fed last year regarding the first team. This as an international supporter has blown me away, at a time that the club needs every single Black Cats fan on board it's in one glorious swoop cut off thousands of them.

I understand the want and need for getting bums on seats as well as food and drink bought but I for one will not be spending a dime on the club this year. That might not sound like such a loss to most but an annual spend of up to $800 AUD wont be pumped into the club shop... that's one fan. I can only imagine how many international fans the club has who might throw a few quid here and there at some merch, a subscription or even a ticket on visit back to the UK. It all adds up.

The beauty of this is that I'm not angry at the club anymore, I'm now disinterested.
You don't have to be abroad for that line to kick in marra. Unfortunately.

Once again shows how disconnected the club is with the fans. Can only think its a cost to the club somehow?

Without going though all the pages anyone actually had a reply from the club? Emailed the general email a few times in the past and never had a reply so presume they made the person who monitors it redundant!

Pre Season would have been a wonderful chance, to give the 1 camera stream a trial, then get the feedback from fans. If they gave it a go and it was shite, fair enough, but 1 camera would have been fine IMO just so we get the chance of watching the game we can't get too.

Trying to do an end run here. It looks like there are 13 Championship clubs in the IFollow service. Do you get every FL game that's available on iFollow by signing up for one team? That was the case for the audio on the old Player system - the first five or six years all you needed was someone to provide you the link to the main page and you had access to everything, cost free. :)

Getting slightly over half the matches might still be worth signing up for to avoid all the uncertainty of the dodgy streams.
the way i read it , you have to sign up through a club that has subscribed , then you will get to watch only that clubs games plus the main game that ifollow is streaming , so for example if you signed up through say ipswitch town , you wouldn't have access to games that any other teams are playing.

the way i read it , you have to sign up through a club that has subscribed , then you will get to watch only that clubs games plus the main game that ifollow is streaming , so for example if you signed up through say ipswitch town , you wouldn't have access to games that any other teams are playing.

This, although might just be access to 'your team' as not sure if they give access to a main game.

Will just need someone to periscope the games :lol:

To be fair a platform only offering a one camera angle of games in this day and age is also laughable....

Maybe better than nothing at all but laughable all the same

just re-read the package... one camera and no audio/commentary either, dear me! perhaps the club should have given fans the option, i'd probably sign up for one game to see what it was like and maybe take up a season pass based on that experience (or not).

a full replay a day or so later just doesn't cut it, foxsports here in oz do that now since they lost the premier league coverage and it's a waste of time.

looking at our signings and now this it really shows you how small time life in the championship (for us) really is.

Got he bog standard reply this morning

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the online streaming of games during the 2017-18 season. I passed on your feedback previously and now have an update for you from the relevant department.

We have conducted extensive background work regarding this option being offered by the EFL and have made the decision not participate in iFollow or any streaming service for the foreseeable future.

There are a number of reasons behind us reaching this conclusion:

- We believe the standard one-camera option will not provide a quality service for supporters

- Producing a broadcast to the standard for which the club would be happy to charge our supporters (multi-camera, commentary etc) would involve significant costs

- A significant number of games (those broadcast on TV in the UK and abroad) cannot be streamed under EFL rules, and as such there is no guarantee as to a minimum number of games which could be shown. We would therefore be charging supporters for a product we may not be able to deliver

- We do not believe from our research that the revenue from subscriptions would make the venture financially viable

- We have already invested a significant sum in a multi-camera broadcast system for use at the Stadium of Light and are currently planning to broadcast full 90-minute re-runs of home games, delayed in accordance with the league's holdbacks (available from 12 noon GMT the day after the game) for a subsidised fee.

SAFC is continuing to invest in its digital platforms, recognising that this is a vital medium for fans to connect with the club. We will do everything we can to continue to extend our coverage via existing channels moving forward and hope you will understand our reasoning in regards to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back