Latest boxing crack

Computers do show power shots and normal punches. In a one sided fight like Ritson's they would give a very good indication of who won each round.
Yeah, but that's like jab vs cross/hook/straight.
It can tell a 20% full power vs a 80%, but not a 40% vs 60%

tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if compubox was actually a couple of people watching on a telly with some buttons in front of them :lol:

The standard of boxing today is not as good as it once was. Too many softies. Too many journeymen. Too many world titles for people who shouldn't even be world title holders. Of course there are some great British fighters, Carl froch {who I sparred with before I won a British title}, calzaghe, Benn, eubank, but the standard today is low. So many very average fighters. The standard used to be much higher and if you weren't good enough you'd get found out. The best used to fight each other, now fighters pad their records with poorer opponents.

The standard of boxing today is not as good as it once was. Too many softies. Too many journeymen. Too many world titles for people who shouldn't even be world title holders. Of course there are some great British fighters, Carl froch {who I sparred with before I won a British title}, calzaghe, Benn, eubank, but the standard today is low. So many very average fighters. The standard used to be much higher and if you weren't good enough you'd get found out. The best used to fight each other, now fighters pad their records with poorer opponents.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not giving up despite outing yourself in PF I see.

Isn't that what Compubox does?

Mind, punches landed isn't the only measure of who's doing the best. A computer can't judge power, or how cleanly a shot landed.

Compubox is just people registering the punches

It'd be like watching Olympic-style amateur boxing if punchstats were used to score a round.

I'm not suggesting computers are used to score fights. What I am suggesting is someone uses a non partisan method of counting punches landed in Ritson's latest fight.

Let's face it Ritson didn't land more than 3 or 4 punches per round and he was punched more like 10 times per rounds.

The scoring was a total joke and the BBBofC should do everything in their power to ensure travesties like this don't happen again in this country.

Ordering the Chisora PPV for Saturday night. First time ordering a PPV, do sky just add the price of the ppv to next month's bill or take the money from bank account when the ppv starts?

They need to stop judges being comped out of the promoters pockets for hotels and such. That would be a start. A judiciary to rule blatant robberies as NC would be decent theory, but in reality would probably be open to people like Canelo becoming unbeatable.

They need to stop judges being comped out of the promoters pockets for hotels and such. That would be a start. A judiciary to rule blatant robberies as NC would be decent theory, but in reality would probably be open to people like Canelo becoming unbeatable.
Teddy atlas spoke about it on podcast a few months ago and got quite angry about how the promoters looked after the judges by taking them for meals and such, which by human nature would lead to bias towards the promotors fighters, he said it should all be independently done, but how is anyone’s guess

Total joke but not unsurprising.

How hard would it be to get a computer to score all the blows landed and give a summary of every round? That would show how bad the scoring was.

Ritson was nearly 3rd in a 2 horse race!
Welcome to 2020. 😂
Ordering the Chisora PPV for Saturday night. First time ordering a PPV, do sky just add the price of the ppv to next month's bill or take the money from bank account when the ppv starts?
Aye

Teddy atlas spoke about it on podcast a few months ago and got quite angry about how the promoters looked after the judges by taking them for meals and such, which by human nature would lead to bias towards the promotors fighters, he said it should all be independently done, but how is anyone’s guess
Judges just shouldn't have any contact with either camp. Expenses submitted to the sanctioning body, and the sanctioning fee raised to cover it.

Back