Kendal Calling 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got back, our tent was like Newcastle road baths last night when I got back in so we packed up this morning and left at about 6 tonight. Cracking little festival though would definitely do it again. Idles and Slowthai were superb last night.

Just got back, our tent was like Newcastle road baths last night when I got back in so we packed up this morning and left at about 6 tonight. Cracking little festival though would definitely do it again. Idles and Slowthai were superb last night.

We were in for both of them, slowthai not my thing but they know how to get the place bouncing. Idles are incredible best about about at the minute for me.

Went to the cabaret after that and it was belter, loads of nudity.

Home now. Left about 7pm

whats the security like? someone on the efestivals forum said the searches and that were over the top this year?

i'm at work till dinnertime, not be there till 3. itching to get away. not really much on the line up for me tonight, everything i want to see is crammed into tomorrow.

Lake poets belta. All sunderland
Sorry mate just got home, had nee signal. The searches were virtually non-existent on the Thursday when I got there, pals commented saying anything could’ve been taken in.

Sorry mate just got home, had nee signal. The searches were virtually non-existent on the Thursday when I got there, pals commented saying anything could’ve been taken in.
Really strict when we went in on Friday night. Early afternoon was no bother but the little bastard had 8 cans off me and 2 litres of pre mixed gin and ginger off our lass. Used me 14 year old daughter as a mule on Saturday. Fuck you speccy.

Excellent Friday, Sunday was great but that rain on the Saturday was grim... as someone posted already, was like the Somme afterwards with all that mud!

Saw a band in Tim Peaks dinner called something like Rubber Jaw who were brilliant... sacked off Doves on the Saturday, couldn’t last out in the rain - anyone know how they went down?

Excellent Friday, Sunday was great but that rain on the Saturday was grim... as someone posted already, was like the Somme afterwards with all that mud!

Saw a band in Tim Peaks dinner called something like Rubber Jaw who were brilliant... sacked off Doves on the Saturday, couldn’t last out in the rain - anyone know how they went down?

saturday was our best day, although it was only me and our lass, no kids and no twisty, soft, miserable fuckers to look after thankfully - there was some right miseries walking around. we had decent waterproof boots and jackets, but i imagine if your feet were soaked through and you were wet underneath your jacket then its game over.

saw the mexican wrestling, had a great seat down the front, did the ungooglable quiz, saw gerry cinammon, bit of the subways, Slowthai, Idles, an hour in the cabaret titty bar thing, then some brass band funk and soul thing, plus loads of class food.

Caught the last 10/15 minutes or so of them after Idles, seemed good but the stage was like a lake so more people stood on the hill than were at the front.

saturday was our best day, although it was only me and our lass, no kids and no twisty, soft, miserable fuckers to look after thankfully - there was some right miseries walking around. we had decent waterproof boots and jackets, but i imagine if your feet were soaked through and you were wet underneath your jacket then its game over.

saw the mexican wrestling, had a great seat down the front, did the ungooglable quiz, saw gerry cinammon, bit of the subways, Slowthai, Idles, an hour in the cabaret titty bar thing, then some brass band funk and soul thing, plus loads of class food.
I had a great time each day for different reasons. My tent was bone dry.(asda £30 Been to 4 kendals)
Weather was belting on thursday Friday. Had a great time on Saturday. Calva louse, idles, hempolics, the Ks, Paul smith, (1st time in comedy tent and left after he introduced reg d hunter). Loads of stuff that I would never see before or after but were brilliant.

I had a great time each day for different reasons. My tent was bone dry.(asda £30 Been to 4 kendals)
Weather was belting on thursday Friday. Had a great time on Saturday. Calva louse, idles, hempolics, the Ks, Paul smith, (1st time in comedy tent and left after he introduced reg d hunter). Loads of stuff that I would never see before or after but were brilliant.
We were in Comedy Sunday afternoon, lad from Sunderland called Matt Reed was excellent. Then he was topped by Justin Moorhouse (from Phoenix Nights), was crying with laughter all the way through.

We took our 4 year to her 1st festival, despite the very tough muddy conditions there wasn't a hint of any complaint from her. She particularly loved Chic and Tom Jones.

We were in Comedy Sunday afternoon, lad from Sunderland called Matt Reed was excellent. Then he was topped by Justin Moorhouse (from Phoenix Nights), was crying with laughter all the way through.

We took our 4 year to her 1st festival, despite the very tough muddy conditions there wasn't a hint of any complaint from her. She particularly loved Chic and Tom Jones.
It's small enough to make wading through the mud not too bad but has plenty undercover to allow you to party away when it's pissing down. Hats off for taking a 4 year old.

did the ungooglable quiz, saw gerry cinammon

Was that an actual quiz, or an eccentric band name?

That Gerry Cinnamon was really good, never heard anything of his before but he had the whole place jumping... someone here recommend beans on toast too, he was a good laugh...

i wanted to see Paul Smith, but agree on Reg. D Hunter - proper inverted racism or whatever its called. not funny in the slightest

aye we were in for that whole comedy show. 1st lad was poor, but Matt Read was really good, apart from he clearly wishes he was from Newcastle rather than sunderland. Justin Moorhouse was a class apart though. proper chortling we were. he's just a funny bloke, very fortunate i suppose, he doesnt really tell jokes. i think it was him that was compering the Cabaret the night before, he had a mask on but i'm sure it was him

That Gerry Cinnamon was really good, never heard anything of his before but he had the whole place jumping... someone here recommend beans on toast too, he was a good laugh...

aye it was a proper pub quiz style, handed out answer sheets and pens. we came quite close to last out of about 15 teams. the first round was guess the baseline - artist and track - and just a recording of a bloke playing a bass guitar. other round was one of them had to draw the famous album covers, was really funny, and last round was TV theme tunes played on the kazoo. the two lads presenting it were a hoot.

Gerry Cinnamon is good for the getting the crowd going but he is very samey. i imagine its difficult to keep people interested when you only have your voice, a guitar and a loop pedal. everyone was well up for it though and it was great entertainment. couldnt see half of the set due to the amount smoke bombs going off

Last edited:
Matt Read was in the year below me thro school and is a fellow Fencehouseser. Doing pretty well for himself by all accounts. Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back