Kendal Calling 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking to folk over on a KC FB group and the variations in spending are astounding.
I usually budget for around £70 a day, which will cover one meal and about 12 pints, so call it £250 for 4 days.
There are people on there claiming anything between £600 (rugger bugger, shots with everything) and £300 for a family of 4.
What’s your budget?

I hate this week. I kind of don’t want Thursday to come cos then it will soon be Monday and it will be over and I’ll have nothing to look forward to for another 12 months .

Don’t really have a budget, probs take about £300, got my card if I go over it like. What I’m not doing though, is trying to smuggle drink into the arena or taking food, Fuck that, it’s just as easy to get a pint and some bait at a truck.

Don’t really have a budget, probs take about £300, got my card if I go over it like. What I’m not doing though, is trying to smuggle drink into the arena or taking food, Fuck that, it’s just as easy to get a pint and some bait at a truck.

other than breakfast, trying to take your own food, plus cooking equipment, cutlery, time taken to cook, time taken to wash up, its much cheaper to just buy food there, and guaranteed to taste better. some of food on offer is lovely, daft to miss out on it for a scabby salmonella burger

Not when it’s about £8 a burger. Although those buttermilk chicken ones are class.
We usually take a few disposable BBQs and cook a burger or soss sarnie for brunch before we go in. That’s done me all day in recent years and saves about £30. Nah,I don’t smuggle booze in either, but if you’re a spirit drinker it’s probably worth trying to get a £10 bottle of vodka in each day, as getting caught is hardly a big loss.

I’m going with two couples and they’re both taking stoves and all the cooking shit. Women are idiots.

Last edited:
Not when it’s about £8 a burger. Although those buttermilk chicken ones are class.
We usually take a few disposable BBQs and cook a burger or soss sarnie for brunch before we go in. That’s done me all day in recent years and saves about £30. Nah,I don’t smuggle booze in either, but if you’re a spirit drinker it’s probably worth trying to get a £10 bottle of vodka in each day, as getting caught is hardly a big loss.

I’m going with two couples and they’re both taking stoves and all the cooking shit. Women are idiots.

Probably pay £6/£7 for a decent burger these days anyways, noodles will do me, not that i’ll be eating much like.

Not really a big spirit drinker, just drink wine when I get sick of cider and lager.

Probably pay £6/£7 for a decent burger these days anyways, noodles will do me, not that i’ll be eating much like.

Not really a big spirit drinker, just drink wine when I get sick of cider and lager.
I drink the wine for breakfast to kick start the day then stick to beer and cider.

weather looking a bit iffy. friday looks ok, could be a bit wet saturday/sunday. not gonna stop me like. sort the men from the boys

f***ing Idles caaaaaaman!!

weather looking a bit iffy. friday looks ok, could be a bit wet saturday/sunday. not gonna stop me like. sort the men from the boys

f***ing Idles caaaaaaman!!
Hot as ferk tomorrow then thunder on the night. Orbital off your bracket with lightning effects could be fun.

Hot as ferk tomorrow then thunder on the night. Orbital off your bracket with lightning effects could be fun.

Aye could be a spectacle. First night is always a good vibe. Saw orbital at Secret Garden Party years ago they know exactly how to sort the session out

Yesterday was off it’s tits, shame Sea Girls had to come to an abrupt stop due to a thunderstorm. Head is fried in this tent but we go again.

Yesterday was off it’s tits, shame Sea Girls had to come to an abrupt stop due to a thunderstorm. Head is fried in this tent but we go again.

whats the security like? someone on the efestivals forum said the searches and that were over the top this year?

i'm at work till dinnertime, not be there till 3. itching to get away. not really much on the line up for me tonight, everything i want to see is crammed into tomorrow.

Lake poets belta. All sunderland

Last edited:
Enjoy.. I was at latitude last weekend

I saw the Futureheads for under 3 songs before power was pulled for an electrical storm. Other than that 20 minutes weather was glorious

Pissing down all night, all morning, and not looking like stopping for the whole weekend. Can barely bring meself to get out of camper

I feel your pain. I'm at The Deershed and it's the same here

Nearly died of heat exhaustion at work on Thursday and now this fucker. At least I'm not in a tent. Love camping and love festivals but theres nee fun on a packed refugee camp style field when all your stuff is soaking and muddy. Heading into the arena anyway hopefully find a dry spot in the comedy tent and eat and drink my hangover away. Space cakes at the ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back