Kendal Calling 2019

I’m going with our Doris, taking the bairn and her mate to their first festival. Did Glastonbury this year so hope the weathers somewhere near as good. Looking forward to it but don’t really know what to expect.

I’m going with our Doris, taking the bairn and her mate to their first festival. Did Glastonbury this year so hope the weathers somewhere near as good. Looking forward to it but don’t really know what to expect.
Very family friendly, nice vibe all round.
No sense of edge or gangs of 16 year olds away from mater and pater for the first time going nuts.

Also, the times are usually a bit out on this but it’s pretty close.

Kendal Calling 2018 Line-Up :: Clashfinder

I do hope they’ve sorted the bandwidth issue out this time. Was right pain last year when you lost your mates and you got a message saying where they were half an hour after they’d left there. Never had any problems in 2017.

I do hope they’ve sorted the bandwidth issue out this time. Was right pain last year when you lost your mates and you got a message saying where they were half an hour after they’d left there. Never had any problems in 2017.
Just go old school & pre-arrange meeting spots at different times of the day for when you want to go your own way.

Just go old school & pre-arrange meeting spots at different times of the day for when you want to go your own way.
It works to a degree, but last year I arranged to meet just inside the Calling Out tent for the indie disco, and it was that full they were standing a couple of yards inside the crowd and I still couldn’t find them. Doesn’t help when you’re hammered and can’t see properly either.

It works to a degree, but last year I arranged to meet just inside the Calling Out tent for the indie disco, and it was that full they were standing a couple of yards inside the crowd and I still couldn’t find them. Doesn’t help when you’re hammered and can’t see properly either.

If you get lost just meet outside of C&A.

Not going but I'll recommend Dream Wife and Penelope Isles for you.
Seen Dream Wife before, they’re fuckin awful. A Feminazi version of Gang Of Four lecturing to the point of parody. I’m sure it’s some Borat type joke from a bunch of drama/art students. I pity the poor suckers who are falling for it.

Not going but I'll recommend Dream Wife and Penelope Isles for you.
Rascalton, Red Rum Club, Lathums.

Last edited:
Thanks for all these recommendations. Of course, we all know what will really happen: It will be somewhere between 2 and 4pm before I manage to drag anyone into the arena, by which time we will be half cut and park ourselves at the main stage for the rest of the day, especially if it’s sunny.

Thanks for all these recommendations. Of course, we all know what will really happen: It will be somewhere between 2 and 4pm before I manage to drag anyone into the arena, by which time we will be half cut and park ourselves at the main stage for the rest of the day, especially if it’s sunny.
Are you that annoying mate who tries to boss people about at festivals and on nights out?

Looking forward to drowning myself with red wine buzzing off Doves on the Saturday night.

The Rifles, Rev and the Makers, Courteeners and plenty more right up my street too. Brian Cannon's talk should be good as well.

Back