Kendal Calling 2019

Looking forward to drowning myself with red wine buzzing off Doves on the Saturday night.

The Rifles, Rev and the Makers, Courteeners and plenty more right up my street too. Brian Cannon's talk should be good as well.
I see what you did there

Not fussed about Doves. They’re a bit of a background music band for me. I’m annoyed that the Courteeners are on the same time as GLC mind.

I don't think so, just noticed a few posts to suggest you are. :lol:
If I left it up to the rest of the gang, we’d sit round the tent all day and see about 3 bands a night.

Last edited:

I see what you did there

Not fussed about Doves. They’re a bit of a background music band for me. I’m annoyed that the Courteeners are on the same time as GLC mind.

If I left it up to the rest of the gang, we’d sit round the tent all day and see about 3 bands a night.
That's fine though if that's what they want to do.

I see what you did there

It wasn't deliberate I swear! Can see what you mean about background music but once you get into them they're class and musically unique. Great live too.

Maybe they do, but I don’t and I don’t want to spend half the Festival watching bands on my own, so I’ll be pestering them until someone relents and joins me.

I’ve been going to festivals with me mate for about 10 years now and I can only think of 2 bands he’s suggested we go and watch in all that time. He’s happy to watch whatever is put on front of him and relies on me to have a schedule.

Last edited:
Maybe they do, but I don’t and I don’t want to spend half the Festival watching bands on my own, so I’ll be pestering them until someone relents and joins me.

I’ve been going to festivals with me mate for about 10 years now and I can only think of 2 bands he’s suggested we go and watch in all that time. He’s happy to watch whatever is put on front of him and relies on me to have a schedule.
You aren't known as Clipboard Dave for no apparent reason.

Might as well just go camping somewhere and save the ticket money. Going into the arena bit at 5pm is missing 50% of the stuff that's on. Not that it bothers me if people wanna do that, but sitting round the tent drinking warm cans wearing a funny hat is for nonces

Might as well just go camping somewhere and save the ticket money. Going into the arena bit at 5pm is missing 50% of the stuff that's on. Not that it bothers me if people wanna do that, but sitting round the tent drinking warm cans wearing a funny hat is for nonces
I'm not sure it is actually paedophile behaviour marra. Paedophiles are more into sexually abusing children than drinking warm cans at festivals.

You aren't known as Clipboard Dave for no apparent reason.
Exactly. It’s only a guideline for festivals though. I do go off piste occasionally.

Last year we had lasses reading extracts from an erotic book around the tent, which improved things somewhat.

Last edited:

You sound like an absolute nightmare marra. :lol:

Talking to folk over on a KC FB group and the variations in spending are astounding.
I usually budget for around £70 a day, which will cover one meal and about 12 pints, so call it £250 for 4 days.
There are people on there claiming anything between £600 (rugger bugger, shots with everything) and £300 for a family of 4.
What’s your budget?

First time going this year. Going on the Thursday, I cannot bloody wait.
I hate this week. I kind of don’t want Thursday to come cos then it will soon be Monday and it will be over and I’ll have nothing to look forward to for another 12 months .

Last edited:

Back