Keith Bell South Shields

The "man" who according to legend infamously threw his pit bull off the cliffs at Marsden Grotto to test its suitability to be his accomplice. His reasoning was that if it survived, then it was sufficiently hard to live. If it didn't survive, then it obviously didn't qualify.
He threw it off the cliff because it was not performing well in dog fights. It was an English bull terrier ( the type of dog that Bill Sykes had ) called Chester. He lived next door to my mother and my kids loved the dog.

Do you think they just move en masse together?!? Billy is dead, as is Foster, the boss hasn’t existed since they got sent down.
Nah, his youngest brother drives round shields in some expensive motors. Doubt he,s ever had a proper job.

I briefly went out with flannys sister when I was just a pup and they were on the rise, was a bit scary at the time. Never had owt to do with them other than knowing a few of their younger brothers, flannys younger brother is spot on and in to nowt like that, and Kev is a self made millionaire from Richmond taxis. One of the nicest lads you could meet too.
Seen his house get raided by the Police twice a couple of years back. No smoke without fire and all that.
Oh aye wasnt he very close to be jailed for almost killing a bouncer? Nice guy though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Self named 'The Sherriff of South Shields', came across him once or twice in the 80's with his monkey. Didn't he try to get a license to fight Viv Graham in a Shields venue?

Twelve O'clock midnight the scene is set
For a journey in the night they thought was right
No turning back till the job was done
No need for regret when they shoot some scum
No one else will suffer no one else will bleed
One finger of the right hand will cure the cancer
Once and forever
Shotgun blast ring in my ear
Shoot some scum that rule by fear
A lot of good men will do some time
For a f*cking c*nt without a spine
The taste of the medicine is bitter sweet
Just take a look around there's no retreat
Cry and scream all you like
Just have a feel of the dogs that bite
Get on your shoes and run like hell
You're not moving very fast it's not hard to tell
Look at your legs they're full of lead
It's such a shame it wasn't your head
Ding dong ding dong I can hear a bell
Ding dong ding dong move like hell
Ding dong ding dong it seems to stop
Ding dong ding dong you caught the f*cking lot.

Twelve O'clock midnight the scene is set
For a journey in the night they thought was right
No turning back till the job was done
No need for regret when they shoot some scum
No one else will suffer no one else will bleed
One finger of the right hand will cure the cancer
Once and forever
Shotgun blast ring in my ear
Shoot some scum that rule by fear
A lot of good men will do some time
For a f*cking c*nt without a spine
The taste of the medicine is bitter sweet
Just take a look around there's no retreat
Cry and scream all you like
Just have a feel of the dogs that bite
Get on your shoes and run like hell
You're not moving very fast it's not hard to tell
Look at your legs they're full of lead
It's such a shame it wasn't your head
Ding dong ding dong I can hear a bell
Ding dong ding dong move like hell
Ding dong ding dong it seems to stop
Ding dong ding dong you caught the f*cking lot.
Of the aforementioned vigilante incident, Mensi has this to say: ‘What are you gonna do with gangsters or bullies when your actual family are threatened? How you gonna police that? When someone's threatened to kill you what do you actually do? ‘Shotgun Solution' is what we done. It was a solution to a problem because at the time the police didn't want to be involved. Nobody else wanted to be involved, it was like family and friends against gangsters. I said, “Fuck the police, let's just do it worselves”, and we became judge, jury and executioner, all in one f***ing night. “What do you think? Guilty! Sentence? Death! Right, let's get off and let's do it!” That was me: little bit wild, little bit bad-tempered, but just such a lover boy now it's unbelievable, it's actually quite shocking. People look at me now and go, “Ahh, he's so nice and effeminate.” I have been compared on numerous occasions to Ashley off Coronation Street because of me lovin' gentle nature, especially towards women, I just ooze romance"

He threw it off the cliff because it was not performing well in dog fights. It was an English bull terrier ( the type of dog that Bill Sykes had ) called Chester. He lived next door to my mother and my kids loved the dog.

So he actually intended to kill it rather than test it?

Back