Keith Bell South Shields

Got a call from him one day back in early 77 at the Jarrow office of the Shields Gazette where I was working.

He wanted to know if i'd come along that night and review the first gig of a punk band he was managing - the Angelic Upstarts. Well, i wasn't likely to say no and i wasn't likely to give them a bad review either. Next time I saw him was in Newcastle Crown Court about four years later where he eventually got a couple of years for beating up one of the lads..the drummer IIRC>

My memories rubbish - can’t even remember the daughters name but remember Buddy’s (Sunday evening) and if you were ever getting off with her your mates would behind gesturing that you were going to get killed! Remember the monkey pissing on a school mate in a gym and a lovely kid I went to school with dad getting in an infamous tangle with hIm. in my student days working in bars in Shields also heard the tales of his protection racket. Having been near Liverpool area for nearly thirty years now I reckon he wasn’t sufficiently evil to cut it in these parts.

My memories rubbish - can’t even remember the daughters name but remember Buddy’s (Sunday evening) and if you were ever getting off with her your mates would behind gesturing that you were going to get killed! Remember the monkey pissing on a school mate in a gym and a lovely kid I went to school with dad getting in an infamous tangle with hIm. in my student days working in bars in Shields also heard the tales of his protection racket. Having been near Liverpool area for nearly thirty years now I reckon he wasn’t sufficiently evil to cut it in these parts.
Lynne

Back