June 4th live fpoty on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Section 75 CC chargebacks have you got to get written proof from the retailer that they are refusing to refund?

In the meantime Good afternoon.
And to

@becs @GlassSlippers @KarenDent @sismanhatton @Horley Chorley @Dilligaf60 @Wakey ftm in Sussex @Spam Javelin @EchoMan @mkmackem @Johnap @hank williams @Scorefrom a throw in @Wandofaleftpeg @Sunnybrow Red @thecloughywobble @VHFC @Musicman
Afternoon Rip, not sure to be honest, I explained I had formally requested a refund and had received an email providing a voucher and that was enough for the CC company, they didn't ask to see them email. they did advise me to respond to the email stressing I had requested a refund not a voucher but the CC company provided a refund and said they will dispute it with airline. They did say that if airline may dispute it so may not be the end of the story.....

Morning Dilli, I’m just back from Morrison’s. No queue hardly anyone in. More staff packing for click and collect than customers. Great.
Just been to Thirsk to get fruit I missed from yesterdays delivery. Everyone keeping their distance at greengrocers and contactless payment to boot. The smell from fish and chip shop nearby was beautiful but resisted the urge to get one of each as to cool to sit outside to eat them.

Cheers, Music, la. Here's the grafted arse:

I exceeded the character limit with the full article so I had to chop off its arse, which I hereby graft back on:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR VACCINES?
If there is one question more important to the world right now than whether getting the virus gives you immunity, it’s whether getting a vaccine does. A vaccine is a medical trick. It is a benign deceit performed on your immune system. Most of us are familiar with the first part of its trickery — how the vaccine takes on the clothing of the virus, but in a deactivated form.
There is a second trick, a bit less well-known and a bit more mysterious. This is the adjuvant. Early in vaccine development, scientists found, for reasons they could not explain, that the drugs just worked better if they were mixed with other chemicals. This makes a kind of sense. It is not enough that the body spots a foreign invader, it also has to believe it is dangerous — it has to think, in Dr Riley’s words, “Eh-up, there’s something here I need to pay attention to”. This is what the adjuvant does.
The main bit of a vaccine is an imitation of the virus, and the adjuvant imitates danger. Different adjuvants work in different ways but overall, they all jump start an immune response. They are feints, mobilising the body against a phoney army — so it is ready in force for the real one.
“Crucially, the adjuvant, and many other aspects of a vaccine, could all be tweaked to give a strong response, even if coronavirus itself doesn’t,” Professor Davis says.
Andy Pollard is part of the team developing the Oxford vaccine. They have evidence from previous work that their approach will work — precisely because they can boost the response in this way.
“There is some cause for optimism there will be a lasting response,” he says. But he won’t go further than that. “I can’t prove it until we have done the studies, and that needs months and years.”
Ultimately, for vaccine-induced immunity and infection induced immunity alike, there is only one sure test. Wait and see.
I’m not reading all that @thecloughywobble so have they found a vaccine or not ?

For Section 75 CC chargebacks have you got to get written proof from the retailer that they are refusing to refund?

In the meantime Good afternoon.
And to

@becs @GlassSlippers @KarenDent @sismanhatton @Horley Chorley @Dilligaf60 @Wakey ftm in Sussex @Spam Javelin @EchoMan @mkmackem @Johnap @hank williams @Scorefrom a throw in @Wandofaleftpeg @Sunnybrow Red @thecloughywobble @VHFC @Musicman
Afternoon, General Gudgeon....
I’m not reading all that @thecloughywobble so have they found a vaccine or not ?
Nor, not yit, marra.
Just been to Thirsk to get fruit I missed from yesterdays delivery. Everyone keeping their distance at greengrocers and contactless payment to boot. The smell from fish and chip shop nearby was beautiful but resisted the urge to get one of each as to cool to sit outside to eat them.
Iron will, cfg.

Changing topic, do you rate those Rogue hats? Are they easy to clean? I ask because I'm git sweaty & my hats sharp acquire salt rings, ha, ha.

Last edited:

Nor, not yit, marra.

Iron will, cfg.

Changing topic, do you rate those Rogue hats? Are they easy to clean? I ask because I'm git sweaty & my hats sharp acquire salt rings, ha, ha.
Good afternoon
Afternoon Rip, not sure to be honest, I explained I had formally requested a refund and had received an email providing a voucher and that was enough for the CC company, they didn't ask to see them email. they did advise me to respond to the email stressing I had requested a refund not a voucher but the CC company provided a refund and said they will dispute it with airline. They did say that if airline may dispute it so may not be the end of the story.....
Keep me in the loop mate. Got loads of stuff coming up later in the year where they will potentially mug me off

Last edited:
She’s got asthma and won’t/ can’t do it. I’ve done it alone for the last three months. Anyway she seems to have calmed down. I think we are off out for a walk down the beach, if she starts nagging I’ll play the deaf card.😀
😂😂 always a good tactic mate.
Morning Hank, morning all.
Afternoon BC
Morning Hank, morning everyone
NotPlsfm.
It looks as if it's going to rain so I'm off for my walk then back to watch the gee-gees.
Stay safe everyone👍
Afternoon Bonzo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Oilcat mate....

I had a lovley day with our daughter yesterday, first visit in 5 months, and yes, there was a few tears....

Afternoon MKM! I'm happy for you that you got to visit, finally. 5 months is like an eternity when it comes to missing family so I can imagine a bit of "something in my eye" going on.

All the best to you and family...including little Wesley there.
Afternoon Dilli, I'm just reading about our new club secretary :lol:

I can't believe it!

Last edited:
Afternoon MKM! I'm happy for you that you got to visit, finally. 5 months is like an eternity when it comes to missing family so I can imagine a bit of "something in my eye" going on.

All the best to you and family...including little Wesley there.

I can't believe it!
Afternoon @oilcat .....

Thank you , it was very emotional to see them both after so long. They are both busy people, although Charlotte hasn't been working as she has a hair salon which Boris hasn't decided when to let them open again, she is in a quandary as to what to do with her new premises re social distancing and spacing out the work stations etc.....bloody headache for her. One things for certain, business is gonna be brisk when she gets the ok to open from Boris who himself is looking slightly unkempt 😂
Did you get to try out for the band ?
Hope the lockdown restrictions are becoming lesser for you guys , you were banged up alone which must be a bit miserable?

Have as good a day as you can marra....

Afternoon @oilcat .....

Thank you , it was very emotional to see them both after so long. They are both busy people, although Charlotte hasn't been working as she has a hair salon which Boris hasn't decided when to let them open again, she is in a quandary as to what to do with her new premises re social distancing and spacing out the work stations etc.....bloody headache for her. One things for certain, business is gonna be brisk when she gets the ok to open from Boris who himself is looking slightly unkempt 😂
Did you get to try out for the band ?
Hope the lockdown restrictions are becoming lesser for you guys , you were banged up alone which must be a bit miserable?

Have as good a day as you can marra....

Hah...lockdown hair will definitely need seeing to for most!

We'd decided to grab acoustic guitars and sit around the fire. Was a nice way to enjoy some freedom. Think we're trying it again this weekend. As I'd said before, I'm weak on the strings so mostly listened :D

As for restrictions; loosening somewhat but it's really grocery shopping that's worst as many seem to forget SD in there.

I don't mind my own company, to be honest. So somewhat sane so far.

Cheers to you

Nor, not yit, marra.

Iron will, cfg.

Afternoon @thecloughywobble, superb hats, I just give it a wipe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back