Job applications - pretending to be bisexual

Wow. You have gone off on a major tangent there. Let’s see these stats. Seeing as you are talking about lots of generalised positive traits of the Asian communities versus the western ones, are we allowed to talk about the negative ones too? Or will I be a big fat racist?

Can you elaborate on where and when your mixed race wife’s applications were unwelcome as I’d be astounded if anywhere in the West would treat her negatively these days. Most wouldn’t give a toss (and rightly so).
No, why would I put personal information like that on here? :lol: Believe me or don't but if you dont it doesn't matter nearly enough for me to post actual specific information about my family life

It's nice that you think racial discrimination doesn't exist anymore on these circumstances but you're also incredibly naive to think it. Although you seem to think it occurs if you're white and male , which is odd if you think most places don't give a toss about race. Either they do or they don't.

Rather than listen to me, another white person, about my perspective on it I highly recommend you look up the experiences of non white people finding work to in the UK, people who have both experienced it and are happy to put up the details. You're on the internet, it's not hard to find.

Are you saying you intentionally give the job to people who aren't the best candidate?
The 'best' candidate is very subjective, good candidates can have nightmare interviews and poor candidates can have the gift of the gab and blag it.

It tends to be a three person panel. Almost inevitably the lead member of the panel is the most senior. A significant number of vacancies these days tend to be 'internal candidates' only. You can probably imagine the sort of shit that goes on when this is the case. Grudges play a part as do friendships. It's a bent as a nine bob note. I mark the candidates as best and as impartially as I can but what happens after that I can only guess.

I’m going to put an advert in the paper for lads with a full set of teeth,just to balance it out a bit . .”must be willing to bite into an apple in interview “.

The 'best' candidate is very subjective, good candidates can have nightmare interviews and poor candidates can have the gift of the gab and blag it.

It tends to be a three person panel. Almost inevitably the lead member of the panel is the most senior. A significant number of vacancies these days tend to be 'internal candidates' only. You can probably imagine the sort of shit that goes on when this is the case. Grudges play a part as do friendships. It's a bent as a nine bob note. I mark the candidates as best and as impartially as I can but what happens after that I can only guess.
Right. Well it is subjective, as you say.

But what you describe is a million miles away from what I first thought you were suggesting; that people were being given the job on the basis of sexuality, disability etc....

The thing is "welcoming applications" shouldn't come into it and shouldn't need to be mentioned. It should be a given.

As with all jobs, the best candidate should be offered it regardless of gender/sexuality/race/religion.

It shouldn’t NEED to be mentioned. Agreed.

No, why would I put personal information like that on here? :lol: Believe me or don't but if you dont it doesn't matter nearly enough for me to post actual specific information about my family life

It's nice that you think racial discrimination doesn't exist anymore on these circumstances but you're also incredibly naive to think it. Although you seem to think it occurs if you're white and male , which is odd if you think most places don't give a toss about race. Either they do or they don't.

Rather than listen to me, another white person, about my perspective on it I highly recommend you look up the experiences of non white people finding work to in the UK, people who have both experienced it and are happy to put up the details. You're on the internet, it's not hard to find.

Stats please. You made some pretty bold claims.

Right. Well it is subjective, as you say.

But what you describe is a million miles away from what I first thought you were suggesting; that people were being given the job on the basis of sexuality, disability etc....
That happens too. I remember a female who ticked 4 different minority boxes was appointed to a management post at a management level who were 'underepresented' in a number of categories that were required to be reported. It was later discovered that she had lied about her previous posts and qualifications and that this was not the first time she had done this. She was promoted a few months later. I kid you not.

Do adverts for taxi drivers and Chinese takeaway chefs ever encourage white blokes to apply?
No why should they?

Was s
That happens too. I remember a female who ticked 4 different minority boxes was appointed to a management post at a management level who were 'underepresented' in a number of categories that were required to be reported. It was later discovered that she had lied about her previous posts and qualifications and that this was not the first time she had done this. She was promoted a few months later. I kid you not.
Was she promoted purely due to her lies that everyone knew about?

Back