Job applications - pretending to be bisexual

Status
Not open for further replies.

I once mistakenly ticked the lesbian box (for some reason in my early 30s I used to get hit on by a lot of women - but I digress) and didn't realise until after I'd sent it off. However, it didn't make me more interesting to the panel and I didn't get the job. Maybe I should have yelled discrimination against something or other. :)

I once mistakenly ticked the lesbian box (for some reason in my early 30s I used to get hit on by a lot of women - but I digress) and didn't realise until after I'd sent it off. However, it didn't make me more interesting to the panel and I didn't get the job. Maybe I should have yelled discrimination against something or other. :)

You’ve opened a can of worms there mind.
“Mistakenly”. :lol:

Do you even know this place.

If you can gain preferential treatment in a job application by being bisexual then how would your employers ever be able to prove that you don’t bat for both teams?

Business Change Manager - Nottingham NG2 - Indeed.co.uk
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities and as they are currently under represented within our workforce.

‘Welcome applications from’ doesn’t mean ‘give the job to’ ... because that’s illegal.

This. It’s implied. Once the HR team have such a mandate, it would be difficult to choose a candidate who doesn’t meet this criteria. The entire situation is bollocks. People should get a job on merit and experience. Nothing else.

See above.

What happened to choosing the best candidate for the job? Now you have to be a black-disabled-transgender-gay-genderfluid-bisexual-straight-White-asylum seeker-remainer-Tory to even be considered for a job.
They do still choose the best person for the job.

However given this particular I adjusted is probably currently lacking applications from various different types of people, they’re actively trying to open up the applicant pool so that they have a BETTER CHANCE of choosing the best person for the job.

If they only ever get applications from straight white people, then they’re probably not going to get the best person for the job.

:lol:

However given this particular I adjusted is probably currently lacking applications from various different types of people, they’re actively trying to open up the applicant pool so that they have a BETTER CHANCE of choosing the best person for the job.

If they only ever get applications from straight white people, then they’re probably not going to get the best person for the job.

:lol::lol::lol:

Tommy Robinson does not like this

Welcoming applications is of course vastly different to showing positive discrimination in selection. But you know, outrage :rolleyes:

I wouldn't accept a job where I thought my sexuality played a part. In fact I tend to tick the prefer not to say / mind your f***ing business box on forms.

The thing is "welcoming applications" shouldn't come into it and shouldn't need to be mentioned. It should be a given.

As with all jobs, the best candidate should be offered it regardless of gender/sexuality/race/religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back