Job applications - pretending to be bisexual

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

You don’t watch CBeebies do you?

Edit: or go to the doctors, apparently.

He is right about medical nhs staff

Nearly 30% are Asian and nearly 60% are white.

Almost as if a higher percentage of Asian people want to work in the medical field. It is sad that anyone actually cares and that we actually track figures for this

Your username probably discourages such behaviour. If you had used Trixi Gizabit or something like that it might have been different :D.
Very true. Just as well I'm not on here to flirt. :D I've had to change my original photo of my old Dad in his uniform as some (still) think that not only am I a bloke, but a very old bloke too. People are so literal! :)

Very true. Just as well I'm not on here to flirt. :D I've had to change my original photo of my old Dad in his uniform as some (still) think that not only am I a bloke, but a very old bloke too. People are so literal! :)
It took me a while to realise you were female and there's no reason why anyone should because we're all just Sunderland supporters, but people often make assumptions about people based on their name. I've heard you're less likely to get a job interview if you have certain names like Mohamed for example.

It took me a while to realise you were female and there's no reason why anyone should because we're all just Sunderland supporters, but people often make assumptions about people based on their name. I've heard you're less likely to get a job interview if you have certain names like Mohamed for example.
http://www.clsrn.econ.ubc.ca/workingpapers/CLSRN Working Paper no. 95 - Dechief and Oreopoulos.pdf

35% more likely to get called back if you have an English sounding name.

Less scientific: mohammed vs Adam - Adam or Mohamed - who gets the job?

Last edited:
Of course the shouldn’t. But when your interview shortlist consists of 99% white men, it makes sense to encourage a more diverse range of applicants so you can have a better choice. The best person for the job will still get it.

Next time I want a new staff member I must remember to put "experienced lesbianism will be advantageous" then.

If you can gain preferential treatment in a job application by being bisexual then how would your employers ever be able to prove that you don’t bat for both teams?

Business Change Manager - Nottingham NG2 - Indeed.co.uk
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities and as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
So if they are under represented at this business, they must be over represented somewhere else? Where?

Well this must prove conclusively that the whole idea of discrimination against various minorities is and has always been a fiction and it is in fact white heterosexual males who are the real victims throughout all of history
No thread on race or colour is complete without a cockney Mackem sarcastic sermon on how nasty white heterosexual men are. This one didn't disappoint.:)

Missed out sexuality.

Last edited:
If you can gain preferential treatment in a job application by being bisexual then how would your employers ever be able to prove that you don’t bat for both teams?

Business Change Manager - Nottingham NG2 - Indeed.co.uk
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities and as they are currently under represented within our workforce.

The fact that you can put this into a job posting is incredulous. How much of a change manager does this business need?

I know things are different over here in the USA, but even when I recruited in the UK, I'd have walked away from any employer posting anything like that.

The fact that you can put this into a job posting is incredulous. How much of a change manager does this business need?

I know things are different over here in the USA, but even when I recruited in the UK, I'd have walked away from any employer posting anything like that.
It’s quite common here now. I’ve seen it often. The last job I applied for said that and they also included women in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back