January transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald saying that there’s potential for 2 or 3 incomings in the window, who do you think would be a good addition?

Kieffer Moore from Barnsley would be a good addition, along with Jakubiak from Bristol Rovers.

We definitely need a CB however I couldn’t name one.

Moore would cost a few million imo. No chance we’re signing him. I’d love it though.

Centre back and striker please. Would also like a powerful central midfielder

Moore spent a few yrs in the Championship where he failed miserably. Found his level in League One.

No he didn't. Ipswich signed him in the Jan then loaned him out end of the season. Then obvs played second half of last season in CH with Barnsley.

For the record I wouldn't sign him but he hasn't had a full shot

been watching the netflix series

that ch from stoke u23s he was cany quick and big brute

Souttar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Centre back and striker please. Would also like a powerful central midfielder

No he didn't. Ipswich signed him in the Jan then loaned him out end of the season. Then obvs played second half of last season in CH with Barnsley.

For the record I wouldn't sign him but he hasn't had a full shot

Souttar?

Exactly he couldn't get a game for ipswich

I t

I think we’d be daft not to. Even to sign him to make sure the likes of Luton or Pompey aren’t
all that is doing is acquiring daead wood. he definitely isnt good enough to play higher.

Aye I think Wyke is going to struggle, whether it be fitness or form, but I’m a bit worried about what money we are going to have in the summer, and we will need to have another massive turnover. I’ve a feeling we will spend next to nothing in Jan with what money we do have being kept until then and sounds like Eaves is away in Jan rather than letting contract run out.

I still think we have a strong enough squad to get promoted without needing to stengthen in Jan anyway tbh, although CBs worry me.
we have the second best defenisve record in the league..so oour first choice defenders are deomonstrably not a wprry..but the gap between their level and the level of their backups, loovens and ozturk is so wide that i would sign a cb in jan..ideally one that could grow to be champo standard.#
as for money to spend..we have already bif=d 400k for a striker i think..which indicates we do have iot, as does the owner of the cvlub saying we do.

Don't tell Charlie, i mean kildare that..

Someone we'll be focusing our attention on?
what? i agree with him completely. i only want us to sign champo leve; players. but no p[layer good enough right now at a champo level club would sign for us, if they are at a team going for promotion from the champo then they could be premier league next year, and wont need us. IF they are lower end champo now and are good ebnough to play at a team at the upper end iof the champo, then i wouold worry if an upper end champo team dont want them now. i hope we sign no more than 2 players in jan and keep our money for the summer when we shpuld be a better prospect.

Last edited:
all that is doing is acquiring daead wood. he definitely isnt good enough to play higher.

we have the second best defenisve record in the league..so oour first choice defenders are deomonstrably not a wprry..but the gap between their level and the level of their backups, loovens and ozturk is so wide that i would sign a cb in jan..ideally one that could grow to be champo standard.#
as for money to spend..we have already bif=d 400k for a striker i think..which indicates we do have iot, as does the owner of the cvlub saying we do.

what? i agree with him completely. i only want us to sign champo leve; players. but no p[layer good enough right now at a champo level club would sign for us, if they are at a team going for promotion from the champo then they could be premier league next year, and wont need us. IF they are lower end champo now and are good ebnough to play at a team at the upper end iof the champo, then i wouold worry if an upper end champo team dont want them now. i hope we sign no more than 2 players in jan and keep our money for the summer when we shpuld be a better prospect.

We’ve bid 400k for a striker?

How do you know he’s not. Top goal scorer for the league. Many would’ve said that Jack marriot wasn’t good enough to play higher. Not signing these players then us as a club won’t be able to play any higher. That narrow mindedness of some fans is staggering. Can’t believe people think we have enough as it is to go up. Need improvements and challengers ASAP. O’Nien for example, cannot knock the lads effort whatsoever, been a breath of fresh air, but hasn’t raised a gallop in terms of challenging for a regular starter. Need more players of higher quality to push the side forward imo

I suggested him in the summer and got laughed at. He's like a lower league Andy Carroll.
Hopefully without the 'Baggage' marra;)

Ross was quoted in the Northern Echo recently stating that if no one leaves then he would probably only look at getting in a RB, as this is the only area that he thinks we have no cover! Although I agree with this I also believe we lack pace in key areas, particularly midfield and still not convinced we do not need another forward, with Sinclair struggling, Wykes fitness/form an unknown still, Watmore still on the comeback trail.
And Maja leaving, Potentially!

Didn’t realise his contract was up. That being said I’m not convinced he’s good enough anyway. Only really started to score last season when he signed for them. Struggled before that. Most he’s scored in a season before is 7.

Rangers, Hibs, Preston and Blackburn been linked with him this week.
Imagine him teaming up with Roswell. That could be just the career boost that he needs! ;)

Last edited:
I would expect a couple of loan signings to get us over the line. We will need to strengthen significantly in the summer

We’ve bid 400k for a striker?

your post gave me a dilemma...do I pretend to be ITK (as some folk think I am anyway) and hint at more than I know..or not.

Roker Report, who are far closer to the club than I am, did a piece saying we were looking at a £400k bid for shankland didnt they?

How do you know he’s not. Top goal scorer for the league. Many would’ve said that Jack marriot wasn’t good enough to play higher. Not signing these players then us as a club won’t be able to play any higher. That narrow mindedness of some fans is staggering. Can’t believe people think we have enough as it is to go up. Need improvements and challengers ASAP. O’Nien for example, cannot knock the lads effort whatsoever, been a breath of fresh air, but hasn’t raised a gallop in terms of challenging for a regular starter. Need more players of higher quality to push the side forward imo
the difference is that moore was in the higher didivison twice, once with ipswich where mick mccarthy was manager. mick has a long history of turning shite into marginally less shite at championship level, and he couldnt do it with moore.
Eaves is more interesting, but again his record over his whole career isnt very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back