January transfer targets?

No idea myself but pleasing to hear the club have a plan A for signings in case of promotion and b if we don’t

We need to be targeting championship grade signings whatever we do really

Aribo from Charlton. However think we would need to be a division above Charlton in order to get him. Eaves from Gillingham, out of contract at the season's end. Still raw, got alot of room for improvement but would offer something different.

if we re looking at a big striker who COULD make the step up id invest the £600,000 that Gillingham are allegedly looking for Tom Eaves.
I suggested him in the summer and got laughed at. He's like a lower league Andy Carroll.

How do you know know that?
Moore had a good game against us the other week, we played Rovers today. What have they done before that? We need to be careful in January. Loading the squad with league one players could mean we struggle to get shot of them in the summer.

Last edited:
No idea who but we could do with a big strong physical player at CB & in the middle of the park ideally with the ability to step up to atleast the championship

I suggested him in the summer and got laughed at. He's like a lower league Andy Carroll.

Moore had a good game against us the other week, we played Rovers today. What have they done before that? We need to be careful in January. Loading the squad with league one players could mean we struggle to get shot of them in the summer.

Some are better than league one...

Ross was quoted in the Northern Echo recently stating that if no one leaves then he would probably only look at getting in a RB, as this is the only area that he thinks we have no cover! Although I agree with this I also believe we lack pace in key areas, particularly midfield and still not convinced we do not need another forward, with Sinclair struggling, Wykes fitness/form an unknown still, Watmore still on the comeback trail.

The only way it would happen is if it was for a reasonable price. He’s got millions in the bank, in the twilight of his career and isn’t playing anyway.

I’m a dreamer like and yes, it’s close to impossible, but just imagine.
I like your dreams marra, but I get the feeling that a lot wouldn't want him!

Back