January transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since some are going crazy over Pukki, maybe take a look at some of the strikers in Superligaen. N'Doye started scoring some goals again...
Kamil Wilczek has been scoring goals for the last 3-5 seasons.
Robert Skov would be a great signing, but they'd probably never let him go for less than 10 mill.
Ekstraklassa in Poland could be an interesting league to look at as well, not highly rated, but there are definitely some talents coming out of Poland

You don't speak on behalf of Defoe. Money is not necessarily the motive, you're only assuming it is.
your right i dont speak on his behalf. he may have other concerns than money, geographical location and the fact he is trying to get higehr up the premier league all time scorers list, but each of those three must be important.

your right i dont speak on his behalf. he may have other concerns than money, geographical location and the fact he is trying to get higehr up the premier league all time scorers list, but each of those three must be important.

He's not playing in the PL regularly and he absolutely loved his time up here. Why are you going on about geographical location? He's lived up here before, he'll know how nice the NE is.

The lad Potts from Barnsley looks a pretty decent midfielder. He's also 6ft 2 which is something we are missing.
Kamara from Dundee and Shankland from Ayr would really add to the squad as well.

He's not playing in the PL regularly and he absolutely loved his time up here. Why are you going on about geographical location? He's lived up here before, he'll know how nice the NE is.
he gets more minutes in the prem now than barnsley..
he is from the south..he moved to us because it was sunderland or canada..
he moved to bournemouth because he likes living down south, and brournemouth is where a lot of wealthy people he knows live..like harry rdknapp..
and he is on more money there. He is not someone who has ever let sentiment get in the way..

Reactions: DJP
Eaves or Marquis top scorers in the league with Maja. Both 26 and in their prime and from Gillingham and Doncaster respectively they are both from clubs we should be able to poach from for relatively cheap. Another CB needed as well as Ozturk and Loovrens are garbage, I'd try and get Caulker from Scotland, apparently he's back at it. Or risky one but Chris Samba is a free agent, would be a boss so long as the wages and attitude were right.
The math doesn't add up to me marra. For instance, if we can't keep hold of Maja, because A: we are not offering him a good enough deal, or B: we are not a good enough prospect to him, what makes you think that Eaves or Marquis will think that we are?

We are in league 1
I think what @kildaremackem is rightly getting at is that we need players who are capable of stepping up at least one division. No player worth his salt would join on a one year deal, so potentially we should be scouting young, keen lads who could grace the prem. A tall order, I know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back