January transfer targets?

I wouldn't mind another striker but if Wyke can score goals we won't need one. Unless Maja goes, then we'll definitely need a proven goal scorer.

We paid around £750k for Wyke didn’t we? Eaves is out of contract in the summer and already said he’s not signing so Gills have to get rid. £500k-£750k easy imo

Didn’t realise his contract was up. That being said I’m not convinced he’s good enough anyway. Only really started to score last season when he signed for them. Struggled before that. Most he’s scored in a season before is 7.

Rangers, Hibs, Preston and Blackburn been linked with him this week.

Donald saying that there’s potential for 2 or 3 incomings in the window, who do you think would be a good addition?

Kieffer Moore from Barnsley would be a good addition, along with Jakubiak from Bristol Rovers.

We definitely need a CB however I couldn’t name one.
Other than signing young promising players the only position i would be looking at is CB until next season. Keep the squad together except Oviedo. I like him as a player but he's on big money and we have 2 left backs that are good enough to do well in the Championship.

We paid around £750k for Wyke didn’t we? Eaves is out of contract in the summer and already said he’s not signing so Gills have to get rid. £500k-£750k easy imo
We should be all over eaves at those prices, the amount of times the ball goes high into the middle and we lose the headers, win those and we wouldn’t be on the defensive so much

I’d imagine Eaves or Moore would cost a lot more than we paid for Wyke and I doubt we will even spend what we did for him in Jan.

As far as Eaves is concerned,got a mate living down in Kent who is along time Gillingham Season ticket holder,he assures me pre season the club were looking to sell for approx £600,000. Eaves has literally months left on his current contract and apparently the club are looking at the same price, maybe a bit more with him currently being League One leading goal scorer.

Hope we don't just sign players who played well against us. That's how we ended up with people like N'Doye.

I expect Maja to sign a new contract so don't think we need another striker, unless we can get someone better than Sinclair on loan. Right back is a must to compete with Matthews because Love is atrocious, if we can shift Ruiter I'd like to get a better second keeper in to compete with McLaughlin, and then I think if you can add any Championship quality players you try to do it but I wouldn't be fussed if we didn't sign anyone else. The squad is good enough.

We should be all over eaves at those prices, the amount of times the ball goes high into the middle and we lose the headers, win those and we wouldn’t be on the defensive so much
Wyke will do that, we don't need Eaves. If we can get a quick forward who can run in behind that would be better, but it maybe that Watmore is pencilled in for that role once he's back up to speed.

Last edited:
Hope we don't just sign players who played well against us. That's how we ended up with people like N'Doye.

I expect Maja to sign a new contract so don't think we need another striker, unless we can get someone better than Sinclair on loan. Right back is a must to compete with Matthews because Love is atrocious, if we can shift Ruiter I'd like to get a better second keeper in to compete with McLaughlin, and then I think if you can add any Championship quality players you try to do it but I wouldn't be fussed if we didn't sign anyone else. The squad is good enough.

Wyke will do that, we don't need Eaves. If we can get a quick forward who can run in behind that would be better, but it maybe that Watmore is pencilled in for that role once he's back up to speed.
No harm having 2 big lads, wyke has missed most of the season so having a back up may be vital.

When Wyke is fit, we dont need Eaves, young CB and a goalscorer when Maja leaves
Wyke hasn’t proved himself this year. I know I’m being cynical but if he comes back from injury and he’s the 2nd coming of Flo you’ll be fuming. Get a proven striker in and promotion. More competition for places can only be a positive thing imo

Somebody better / younger than Flanagan and Baldwin. Stankovic from Huddersfield (on loan / permanent), maybe? He's meant to be good, but isn't getting a game for 'Field.
Somebody who is better than everyone we've got in CM. That lad Kamara looks good.

I hope whoever is compiling our targets has one eye on next season and is looking at players that will be good enough to cut it in the championship. Wasting our time with league 1 bodies for the sake of 3 months just adds to the job later down the line.
Don't tell Charlie, i mean kildare that..

Somebody better / younger than Flanagan and Baldwin. Stankovic from Huddersfield (on loan / permanent), maybe? He's meant to be good, but isn't getting a game for 'Field.
Somebody who is better than everyone we've got in CM. That lad Kamara looks good.
Someone we'll be focusing our attention on?

Back