Jack Ross talk in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Ross' red and white army.

Fuck the haters, the doubters and the irrelevant.

He's here to stay.

Support him & the lads or stay away permanently.

Ha'way the lads. :cool:

this is a different road dobs,and probably the right one,state the club was in it has to be

I was genuinely interested as to why you believe he’ll be our best ever manager. What traits are particularly positive and how can be overcome his negatives?

I agree that he’s a model professional and can’t complain with how motivated his teams are. I just feel his tactical shortcomings are too great
Without wanting to appear all Paxman, who do you think would be a credible alternative? It's all very well running someone down: the hard part is coming up with a better solution.

As for his alleged tactical shortcomings, if you haven't already done so, it's worth taking a look at his "Talking Tactics " videos that have been posted on several threads at various times on this forum. If (as I do) you subscribe to the view that Chaos Theory applies with equal validity to football as to other aspects of existence, then you might agree that predicting what's going to happen next in a football match is pretty much impossible, so simple "cause and effect" arguments are little more than comforting illusions. I posted a link to an article in The Blizzard on this topic a few weeks back.

No one wants the lad to fail and everyone wants him to succeed and be here years but like every football manager who ever lived he will live or otherwise at safc by results

If we don’t go up there will be discontent amongst the fans and the usual non stop inquest will open with sides being taken one way or the other and they will then probably remain fairly entrenched

You don’t get long at Sunderland under normal circumstances so it’s up to the lad himself to make a decent fist of it

One thing is fact though. We cannot hang around this division for much more than one season. We could be back In financial trouble if we are still here next year
ross is a very lucky man..he gets less tick than most managers, while the owners get more stick...part of that is the owners doing by being on twitter and doing podcasts. ut if a player doesnt play, insyead of it being about jack, its about stewrat.

Without wanting to appear all Paxman, who do you think would be a credible alternative? It's all very well running someone down: the hard part is coming up with a better solution.

As for his alleged tactical shortcomings, if you haven't already done so, it's worth taking a look at his "Talking Tactics " videos that have been posted on several threads at various times on this forum. If (as I do) you subscribe to the view that Chaos Theory applies with equal validity to football as to other aspects of existence, then you might agree that predicting what's going to happen next in a football match is pretty much impossible, so simple "cause and effect" arguments are little more than comforting illusions. I posted a link to an article in The Blizzard on this topic a few weeks back.
a manager who has won promotion from this leagu already is a safer option i guess..but cpuld be onl for the short term.

ross is a very lucky man..he gets less tick than most managers, while the owners get more stick...part of that is the owners doing by being on twitter and doing podcasts. ut if a player doesnt play, insyead of it being about jack, its about stewrat.

a manager who has won promotion from this leagu already is a safer option i guess..but cpuld be onl for the short term.
That's fair. It's speculation on my part, but I think Ross has the potential to take us up through the leagues. But of course we need to stick with him & accept that it's unlikely we'll win promotion every season until we reach the Premier League. This division is pretty tough, the Championship tougher still, in my opinion.

That's fair. It's speculation on my part, but I think Ross has the potential to take us up through the leagues. But of course we need to stick with him & accept that it's unlikely we'll win promotion every season until we reach the Premier League. This division is pretty tough, the Championship tougher still, in my opinion.
thereare managers who have done it a couple of times I think...though they have never tghen made the step up after promotion.

thereare managers who have done it a couple of times I think...though they have never tghen made the step up after promotion.
It's a tough ask & probably requires the harnessing of many different skillsets but Ross strikes me as being sufficiently intelligent & mentally flexible to do it, given the chance. We'll see. Or maybe we won't!

Watching him line us up vs coventrythe exact same way as the burton game gave me doubts over his tactical 'nous'

There's no getting away from the fact we've managed to draw an awful lot of games that we really should have been beaten in. Just ask yourself how many games at home we've been the dominant side from start to finish the way a title chasing side often is? Peterbrough first half, scunthorpe and first half of Barnsley is all i can think of...
I have doubts about JR's ability to motivate his team. Teams come up against us and treat it as 'their cup final', especially at the SOL. I've said for months that we have to match that attitude first before ability should shine through - 9 draws from 21 home games together with conceding first in 11 from 21 would suggest we don't or can't.

I stopped reading your posts because of the idiocy.

Ive just tried again and you're still persisting with this infantile 'Stewrat' shit.

FFS grow up man.

Ah right, I don't pay much attention to who's pretending to be who tbh.

I just assume no one has so little to do that they'll create a persona or pretend to strangers on an anonymous forum.

It's f***ing pitiful tbh.

I have no proof - just a suspicion. MadBob, Vauxie and KildareMackem all turn up at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back