Jack Ross talk in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Ross, he's built a very good team spirit which is sometimes half the battle. I'd stick with him regardless because I think he could build a very strong team here.

ross is a very lucky man..he gets less tick than most managers, while the owners get more stick...part of that is the owners doing by being on twitter and doing podcasts. ut if a player doesnt play, insyead of it being about jack, its about stewrat.

a manager who has won promotion from this leagu already is a safer option i guess..but cpuld be onl for the short term.
This is just nonsense

Last edited:

ross is a very lucky man..he gets less tick than most managers, while the owners get more stick...part of that is the owners doing by being on twitter and doing podcasts. ut if a player doesnt play, insyead of it being about jack, its about stewrat.

a manager who has won promotion from this leagu already is a safer option i guess..but cpuld be onl for the short term.
Steve Evans? Aye, that'd be class.

Steve Evans? Aye, that'd be class.
pual cook,
ehat not evans? i dont care about the aesthetic beauty of the manager..he is a winner at this level.
how many promotions does kenny jackett have from this league?
nigel clough
all are batled hardended at this level, maybe only the first oen would be able to do it next level up..owners chose long term strategy and thats fine..but short ter options existsed..and fans seem to care more about the short term.

pual cook,
ehat not evans? i dont care about the aesthetic beauty of the manager..he is a winner at this level.
how many promotions does kenny jackett have from this league?
nigel clough
all are batled hardended at this level, maybe only the first oen would be able to do it next level up..owners chose long term strategy and thats fine..but short ter options existsed..and fans seem to care more about the short term.
Fuck Steve Evans. Living in peterborough I know enough about him, on the pitch and behind the scenes, to never want that arsehole managing us.

enjoy league one then.
Right, what's your deal? Not having a go here but as I've said before, something about you that doesn't sit right to me. Dunno what it is but I find it hard to respect your opinions as I would anyone else, like I say no offence. You're just too "matter of fact".
I'd question whether you're actually a sunderland fan, a regular punter, let alone a long time fan.

Last edited:
Right, what's your deal? Not having a go here but as I've said before, something about you that doesn't sit right to me. Dunno what it is but I find it hard to respect your opinions as I would anyone else, like I say no offence.
I'd question whether you're actually a fan, a regular punter, let alone a long time fan.
im not the same as other fans, not saying im better, because of several reasons: one is safc is a release for me, so it doesnt make me tense, or form part of my identity as it does others, this means im probably less useful as a fan of the club than are others-but it also means i dont have a puritans approach, si I can be more dispaasionate, so as im less passionate, people think Im not as interested, but thats not the case-but unless safc fans decide to change their outlook, the club wont succeed,

im not the same as other fans, not saying im better, because of several reasons: one is safc is a release for me, so it doesnt make me tense, or form part of my identity as it does others, this means im probably less useful as a fan of the club than are others-but it also means i dont have a puritans approach, si I can be more dispaasionate, so as im less passionate, people think Im not as interested, but thats not the case-but unless safc fans decide to change their outlook, the club wont succeed,
You seem to have this idea that the fans are constantly having a go at the owners, it's not true. Yes we have a few fans like @The Rat who are pretty critical of the owners but we also have fans like @janey who absolutely love them! (I'm not having a go at either of you by the way as I think you're both good posters, just using you as examples). @kildaremackem you seem to have a pop at the supporters quite often but on what evidence? What outlook needs to change?

Last edited:
You seem to have this idea that the fans are constantly having a go at the owners, it's not true. Yes we have a few fans like @The Rat who are pretty critical of the owners but we also have fans like @janey who absolutely love them! (I'm not having a go at either of you by the way as I think you're both good posters, just using you as examples). @kildaremackem you seem to have a pop at the supporters quite often but on what evidence? What outlook needs to change?
its not abput the owenrs generally-im massively critical of them myself in lots of ways..the attitude thing that concerns me about fans is not specific to these owners..its just amplified by these owenrs being in charge. the owners are very nieve in one way, a way that caps safcs potential whoever the owner is,...and our current owners are nieve if they think they can change it.

Criticising things like ambition, outlook, beliefs is a piece of piss because it can't be disproved.

Therefore people can pontificate away for years .... and do.

Just you have a lot to say on here yet don't think I've ever seen you actually start a thread. And never seem to talk about actually going to a match, having a matchday experience, actually supporting the team etc. Its all about the ins and outs of the club with you and that's it seemingly. As I said, no offence, was just an observation.

Just you have a lot to say on here yet don't think I've ever seen you actually start a thread. And never seem to talk about actually going to a match, having a matchday experience, actually supporting the team etc. Its all about the ins and outs of the club with you and that's it seemingly. As I said, no offence, was just an observation.
i definitely have started threads..most recently one about the reserve keeper being released...ive made the point several times to others that apart from safc i have fuck all interest in footbll (i mentioned on a thread that I didnt really know who ander hererra is)...

its not abput the owenrs generally-im massively critical of them myself in lots of ways..the attitude thing that concerns me about fans is not specific to these owners..its just amplified by these owenrs being in charge. the owners are very nieve in one way, a way that caps safcs potential whoever the owner is,...and our current owners are nieve if they think they can change it.
What specifically about the attitude of the fans concerns you? Also I'm sorry if I sound patronising here, but you're supposedly this person that manages funds for people worth billions or whatever, how don't you know how to spell the word naive?
Criticising things like ambition, outlook, beliefs is a piece of piss because it can't be disproved.

Therefore people can pontificate away for years .... and do.
I agree, I'm just pointing out that it isn't the majority of posters.

What specifically about the attitude of the fans concerns you? Also I'm sorry if I sound patronising here, but you're supposedly this person that manages funds for people worth billions or whatever, how don't you know how to spell the word naive?

I agree, I'm just pointing out that it isn't the majority of posters.[/QUOTE0
im supoosed to be good at maths not spelling..
i think the wners have a corinthian and altrusitic view of what a football club is in a community-because thats what oxifrd is-what does that mean in practce? Oxord get a cohort of fans who attend and care about the club, but are not very ambitious for it, they just think its good for an area to have a team in the league.
Now of course SAFC has fans exactly like that, the difference between the clubs is, oxfrd will never get many of the other kind of fans..the ones that have the team as part of their idenitty, as an emblem of their region, safc also have tjose fans, which is why we are a bigger club than oxford and frankly a big club.
The owners dont seem to realise that the mindset that gets that first grpoup of fans though the gate, while a majority of oxfird's fanbase, is not a majority of safcs..and therefore you have to prepare on that basis..our ownwers dont do that enough..my fear is stewat is souding more and more cynical with each podacts that passes..I think he is realising that the group of fans (at any club) that have it as part of identity want something more than dp the altrusitci fans.
i think the identiy point is especially strong in sunderland as its a huge part of the narrative of the region, and the industrial declien miens closing etc..football is a form of, almost revenge. for safc fans, not simply as an escape as it is for me, so the reason people think im close to the owners is simpple...the way i think of football is the way the owners do, and not the way other safc fans do, the other safc fans are not wrong to think of it the way they do.
what safc fans need to realise is that you can either be a community club, altrustic outlook, or a big club, run to raise money and spend it..
safc fans seems to want both, the owners dont realise that..

No I'm not

They have got 90% of it right, I just don't like what is happening at the academy

I am completely and utterly fair, in the first time I haven't criticised them at all, think they've done a good job.

I know you aren't having ago but its completely untrue.(Not having ago at your either) but think you got me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back