Jack Ross talk in

DMAs.....third rate Cast/Roses wannabees. An abortion of a group. Saw them last week at 02 (free ticket) and never seen so many chavs. Possibly the most embarrassing front man I've ever seem. Band seemed like decent musicians but the songs were cliched rubbish.
My nephew loves them. I gave them a listen on his recommendation and I liked a couple of tracks, after that abysmal.

He does my head in sometimes and I disagree strongly with a lot of decisions he makes, but I still like Jack Ross. If we don’t finish top two it’ll be a massive failure on his part, but should definitely be given the opportunity to get it right next year and show he’s learned from his mistakes.

It is extremely frustrating as a fan seeing your team seemingly not learning from its mistakes, and in our case, not becoming more solid at the back.

But time is a healer, and JR deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Hope he's able to keep the idiots at bay long enough to build something here.

There are definitely legitimate criticisms that can be made of him (any manager really) but some seem to absolutely hate him and it seems totally irrational. He's lost three league games all season and has us in a position where winning our remaining games means we go up, no ifs or buts, but there is a contingent who are abusive constantly......who then disappear when we start winning again. I think being in league one has absolutely broken them and they need a target for their anger.

This weekend was absolutely gutting, the performance was very poor defensively, but we need to move past it. I hope we get into the Championship by hook or by crook and he's able to build on the solid foundations he's laid.

It is extremely frustrating as a fan seeing your team seemingly not learning from its mistakes, and in our case, not becoming more solid at the back.

Well, we were too defensive for a while. He listened to the criticism and moved to 442 which meant we scored more.....however as soon as we played teams who can also attack well it exposed our defence in a way we couldn't cope with. The same people who criticize him for being too defensive won't admit that it was preventing games like Saturday from happening.

I'd say he's learning all the time....I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 up top scrapped for Doncaster, P'boro and Pompey.

Last edited:
Sorry like but nice guy doesn't cut it. Exactly the same way that Mick Buxton, Malcom Crosby, Gus Poyet, Martin O Neil etc were all good guys and they ultimately didnt cut it.

The reality is we've been playing awful, turgid, uninspired football for the majority of the season. Our tactics are non existent. Our style of play a mystery. And we've somehow managed to accrue the most ponderous, unadventurous midfield to play in front of one of the most - if not the most - calamitous centre back pairings in 120 years.

He's got it all to do to prove he is anywhere close to being the man to take us forward.
This is a genuine question not necessarily denying all that you’re saying, would really be interested in your analysis.

How has it come about that the farcical disorganised shitshow of a team you describe, which will have had the August target of finishing top two, has managed to be still in there with a shout of that after about 90% of games played?

bit of a myth this

we have been pretty solid at the back all season, people have been moaning we aren't attacking enough

when we try it this is what happens, we concede

he did but the Rat absolutely hates the owners (which he'll deny any minute now) and therefore will happily misquote Donald, Methven or anyone else speaking on their behalf.

:lol: No I don't

You haven't just got licence to make up shit and talk utter nonsense

Go to the Rangers board or someit, make up stuff there

he did but the Rat absolutely hates the owners (which he'll deny any minute now) and therefore will happily misquote Donald, Methven or anyone else speaking on their behalf.

This is what I was remembering

"It is Roker Report’s understanding that just ONE first team player has made it clear to the club that they want to stay - and that is young central midfielder Ethan Robson."

Seeing as though they got all their info from Donald I thought it was safe to assume that it was true

I don't really care either way, but aye whatever fits your agenda mate.

Last edited:
Good read that and thanks to the op.

Now I’ve just about come to terms with Saturday’s horror show and can maybe look at it with a sense of perspective.

Three defeats by mid April in any league represents excellent form. Yes draws at home to the likes of Shrewsbury, Accrington, Oxford etc aren’t great but we can’t turn the clock back.

As others have said I’d expect Ross to dispense with 442 and try and revert to a system that makes games less open, conceding less opportunities to the opposition. The players we have at the top end of the pitch should still have enough about them to create enough to win us games.

you and Bristow used to chase me around these boards (and via PM) when I was 16. I actually had you and Bristow on ignore for a few years as I was genuinely worried that yous were real stalkers.

I'm now 27 and here you are. Commenting on everything I do and say.

Obsessed for 11 whole years. :lol:
Impressive

This is a genuine question not necessarily denying all that you’re saying, would really be interested in your analysis.

How has it come about that the farcical disorganised shitshow of a team you describe, which will have had the August target of finishing top two, has managed to be still in there with a shout of that after about 90% of games played?
Pretty simple really. Josh Maja and moments of magic from Aiden McGeady coupled with the goalkeeper being our player of the season.

There's no getting away from the fact we've managed to draw an awful lot of games that we really should have been beaten in. Just ask yourself how many games at home we've been the dominant side from start to finish the way a title chasing side often is? Peterbrough first half, scunthorpe and first half of Barnsley is all i can think of...

Back