Jack Ross talk in

:lol: There's a potential flaw in any plan man,no matter who is appointed. Even Shankly and Ferguson had dodgy moments at the start. My argument is that we appear to have a bright young manager and we should give him time to fulfil his potential. Changing managers every season just doesn't work.
watford change managers every season-and it has wroekd. I think the manager is less important in the modern game than has ever been the case in history-and clubs should plan for each manager to be ashort term-but the dof, chief scout, academy manager, head of sports science, to be long term.

Sorry like but nice guy doesn't cut it. Exactly the same way that Mick Buxton, Malcom Crosby, Gus Poyet, Martin O Neil etc were all good guys and they ultimately didnt cut it.

The reality is we've been playing awful, turgid, uninspired football for the majority of the season. Our tactics are non existent. Our style of play a mystery. And we've somehow managed to accrue the most ponderous, unadventurous midfield to play in front of one of the most - if not the most - calamitous centre back pairings in 120 years.

He's got it all to do to prove he is anywhere close to being the man to take us forward.

But other than that......

watford change managers every season-and it has wroekd. I think the manager is less important in the modern game than has ever been the case in history-and clubs should plan for each manager to be ashort term-but the dof, chief scout, academy manager, head of sports science, to be long term.

Watford are doing well with their system,no doubt,but Bournemouth and,particularly Burnley, have each stuck with their manager, in Burnley's case through a relegation season, for 6 or 7 years......no manager change every season there. Don't think they would say their manager has been unimportant or short term.

Watford are doing well with their system,no doubt,but Bournemouth and,particularly Burnley, have each stuck with their manager, in Burnley's case through a relegation season, for 6 or 7 years......no manager change every season there. Don't think they would say their manager has been unimportant or short term.
its about the structure around the manager as well...i dont know anything about the structure at those clubs-changing manager as a cure for all ills is very stupid..but that doesnt mean you chousdnt change.
burnley and bournemouth managers had a track record of achievement at those clubs before the bad times came-which implied they might be good at it at those clubs-our mabager doesnt.
Not that Im sayig I want JR out-just that I think he has had an easier time of it than I expected, and that a lot of the criticism that usually goes to a manger-unfair criticism in a lot of cases..at our club gets projected onto the chairman..that might be the chairman being very skillful and takig the hits so the manager doesnt have to, or it might be somehting else.

its about the structure around the manager as well...i dont know anything about the structure at those clubs-changing manager as a cure for all ills is very stupid..but that doesnt mean you chousdnt change.
burnley and bournemouth managers had a track record of achievement at those clubs before the bad times came-which implied they might be good at it at those clubs-our mabager doesnt.
Not that Im sayig I want JR out-just that I think he has had an easier time of it than I expected, and that a lot of the criticism that usually goes to a manger-unfair criticism in a lot of cases..at our club gets projected onto the chairman..that might be the chairman being very skillful and takig the hits so the manager doesnt have to, or it might be somehting else.

I don't know for sure,but I would guess that both Dyche and Howe have built their own management structure around them,in direct contrast to the situation which may exist at Watford. Many high level managers in the UK,when they are appointed,bring their own coaching,scouting,physio,etc. staff with them. It's not the same on the continent,I know.
As for your second and third paragraphs, sorry mate , you've totally lost me......I know I'm getting on,but I haven't a clue what you're saying there.

I don't know for sure,but I would guess that both Dyche and Howe have built their own management structure around them,in direct contrast to the situation which may exist at Watford. Many high level managers in the UK,when they are appointed,bring their own coaching,scouting,physio,etc. staff with them. It's not the same on the continent,I know.
As for your second and third paragraphs, sorry mate , you've totally lost me......I know I'm getting on,but I haven't a clue what you're saying there.
clubs have been moving away from managers bringing the whole backroom team with them in recent years-arsenal and chelasea are recent example, and now man utd.
burnley appointed a new technical fdirector last year, they report to the ceo-not the manager.
Clarets Appoint Rigg as Technical Director

my other point was that I think managers get a lot of unjustified criticism for sure but a curious feature of safc is JR isnt getting it much-the chairman is instead...and thats strange.

clubs have been moving away from managers bringing the whole backroom team with them in recent years-arsenal and chelasea are recent example, and now man utd.
burnley appointed a new technical fdirector last year, they report to the ceo-not the manager.

my other point was that I think managers get a lot of unjustified criticism for sure but a curious feature of safc is JR isnt getting it much-the chairman is instead...and thats strange.

The Chairman's not getting much criticism,is he?

Rigg is Dyche's man.

Last edited by a moderator:
more than the manager.
how would rigg know dyhce particularly? the trend in football inrecent years has been to treat the manager as being head of he first team, but a wider football department exists beyond that

Dyche was in on his appointment.....if Dyche hadn't have approved,he wouldn't have got it. He's Dyche's man.
Ross is getting a fair amount of stick.......very unfairly in my view.......on here and elsewhere. I've not noticed much for the Chairman.

It depends how much you think he's due ...

:lol: Well I don't think he's due any,but I've seen comments from others who disagree. However, I've seen more criticism of Ross than Donald in recent times.

Dyche was in on his appointment.....if Dyche hadn't have approved,he wouldn't have got it. He's Dyche's man.
Ross is getting a fair amount of stick.......very unfairly in my view.......on here and elsewhere. I've not noticed much for the Chairman.
thw chairman gets stick on herey tday-there is a thread called wage bill-haver a look in there...

Back