Jack Ross talk in

I really like Ross, he's built a very good team spirit which is sometimes half the battle. I'd stick with him regardless because I think he could build a very strong team here.

This is just nonsense
Exactly mate. Someone like Steve Evans is the total polar opposite. Was absolutely hated by the peterborough players. To the point where they had to fuck him off.
I don't want a grade A wanker managing my club.

Last edited:

pual cook,
ehat not evans? i dont care about the aesthetic beauty of the manager..he is a winner at this level.
how many promotions does kenny jackett have from this league?
nigel clough
all are batled hardended at this level, maybe only the first oen would be able to do it next level up..owners chose long term strategy and thats fine..but short ter options existsed..and fans seem to care more about the short term.

Not all fans care only about the short term. There are many,like me,who have seen short-termism and the constant lack of a coherent longer term plan bring this club to its' knees. We need stability and continuity and to give Ross a proper chance to build a squad capable of taking us up the leagues. I think he's made impressive progress this year from a standing start,I think he's made mistakes, but is intelligent enough to learn from them. He's had a baptism of fire here,but he and his coaching staff are young and will use the experience they're gaining wisely.
To even contemplate someone like Evans or Jackett to try to come in to provide a quick fix,anticipating they wouldn't likely be able to achieve success in the next level up is just madness. It would mean more disruption,higher player turnover.....the things we've seen not working for the last 6 or 7 years. Anyone advocating that is suffering from serious memory loss.
Promotion or not,we must allow Ross the time.

Not all fans care only about the short term. There are many,like me,who have seen short-termism and the constant lack of a coherent longer term plan bring this club to its' knees. We need stability and continuity and to give Ross a proper chance to build a squad capable of taking us up the leagues. I think he's made impressive progress this year from a standing start,I think he's made mistakes, but is intelligent enough to learn from them. He's had a baptism of fire here,but he and his coaching staff are young and will use the experience they're gaining wisely.
To even contemplate someone like Evans or Jackett to try to come in to provide a quick fix,anticipating they wouldn't likely be able to achieve success in the next level up is just madness. It would mean more disruption,higher player turnover.....the things we've seen not working for the last 6 or 7 years. Anyone advocating that is suffering from serious memory loss.
Promotion or not,we must allow Ross the time.
the potential flaw in yur plan is-what if ross issnt up to it?
jackett and cook have records of deeloping clubs for the long term..ross has a record of jumping ship..

jackett and cook have records of deeloping clubs for the long term..ross has a record of jumping ship..

:lol: There's a potential flaw in any plan man,no matter who is appointed. Even Shankly and Ferguson had dodgy moments at the start. My argument is that we appear to have a bright young manager and we should give him time to fulfil his potential. Changing managers every season just doesn't work.

Cook jumps ship as soon as his reputation is high enough to. Got Chesterfield promoted and in the L1 play-offs, left when Pompey cam calling. Got Pompey promoted, left when Wigan came calling. He'll do the same to Wigan as soon as he gets a better offer (which could easily be Sunderland).

Back