iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Again about 3 years old on android though so hardly revolutionary.

Not at all, you have always been able to do on both. It’s how they implement, just done better thats all.

Are you seriously trying to say Android phones do not receive patches?

Nah, of course not.

But look at the way updates/patches are deployed on android... your average end user may never get them, his mate with a different phone may have had it months earlier, then both of them may be way behind another fella who is on the new version of android completely.

It’s a mess.

Nah, of course not.

But look at the way updates/patches are deployed on android... your average end user may never get them, his mate with a different phone may have had it months earlier, then both of them may be way behind another fella who is on the new version of android completely.

It’s a mess.
In other words, different manufacturers have different releases. Well fuck.me.

Is anyone else's battery getting completely rinsed? Lost 70% of battery in the space of an hour just browsing the forums. I'm on a 6S.

updated to iOS 11. When watching videos on safari now, the volume is in top right of screen and the play bar (video position bar) is at bottom of the screen. Anyone know if you can change the position of these? Just so used to it being the other way round and it’s annoying me. Thanks in advance

What does your battery stats show? Whats top of the list?
Facebook and Instagram giving it the most problems with Background Activity. I've updated to the 11.0.1 and it seems to be a bit better now but still not great..

I seemed to remember this happening when my iPhone 5 was updated to the new software. I'm not saying they're deliberately gimping the hardware to but make people upgrade but it's not the first time this has happened.

Facebook and Instagram giving it the most problems with Background Activity. I've updated to the 11.0.1 and it seems to be a bit better now but still not great..

I seemed to remember this happening when my iPhone 5 was updated to the new software. I'm not saying they're deliberately gimping the hardware to but make people upgrade but it's not the first time this has happened.

Sometimes when doing a major upgrade something can just go wrong, and rogue processes running away in the background or something will kill the phone.

If you can be bothered do a full backup in itunes, then do a DFU restore (Plug phone in, press and hold power and home for 10 seconds...then let go of power and keep home pressed...itunes will detect a phone in recover mode) then restore then software, this will give you a full fresh load. Then re-load your backup which you took.

You can use icloud backup but it takes much longer to restore everything.

6S should still be running ok, anything less will be struggling now probably.

Is anyone else's battery getting completely rinsed? Lost 70% of battery in the space of an hour just browsing the forums. I'm on a 6S.

Did read that a significant upgrade like this one means your phone is doing shit in the background for a while out of view, so battery life might be worse for a day or so then improve.

I have Victorian internet so my bloody phone won't update. Says it's up to date 10.3.3. Loads of my apps just won't work. Is there a way of getting around this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back