iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, its just part of standard Android, same for notifications. For a while, you weren't allowed to do it on IOS IIRC.

Aye they probably had it restricted. But looks to be all standard now, not sure how long it has been...

I really don’t find anything i cant do easil on iOS. I was always desperate for a jailbreak to make it better. I haven’t had a jail broken device for years now!

I decided yesterday to upgrade my iPhone 5S.

I went to the AT&T store and told them I'm thinking about changing to Verizon but would give them a chance to give me a better deal than I have.

Walked out with a free 7+ and reduced my monthly bill by $16. Loving iOS 11 so far.

See, its just part of standard Android, same for notifications. For a while, you weren't allowed to do it on IOS IIRC.
I've been doing it for years on my iPhone

I went to the AT&T store and told them I'm thinking about changing to Verizon but would give them a chance to give me a better deal than I have.

Walked out with a free 7+ and reduced my monthly bill by $16. Loving iOS 11 so far.
must have been rippin ya arse out before you upgraded if they've done that deal for you surely .

must have been rippin ya arse out before you upgraded if they've done that deal for you surely .
change my plan every year or so, always g for the most optimal plan, but they introduce new ones for new customers all the time - I make sure I take advantage of that - they're petrified of customers leaving them.

I've been doing it for years on my iPhone

Must be amazing going from the 5S to the 7+ ! Vrooooom!

Have you tried the camera yet? Especially portrait mode...it’s almost a gimmick but very good...

AT&T were always loads better than Vzn as well when I was in the US, is that still the case?

works every year ?
Yep.

Must be amazing going from the 5S to the 7+ ! Vrooooom!

Have you tried the camera yet? Especially portrait mode...it’s almost a gimmick but very good...

AT&T were always loads better than Vzn as well when I was in the US, is that still the case?
I was shooting a restaurant reopening last night. I had my DSLR and my 7+ - I'm loving the camera. I haven't tried portrait mode yet.

I think AT&T are better, but Verizon have upped their game. There are also some new kids on the block who are keeping these two on their toes.

Last edited:
Yep.

I was shooting a restaurant reopening last night. I had my DSLR and my 7+ - I'm loving the camera. I haven't tried portrait mode yet.

I think AT&T are better, but Verizon have upped their game. There are also some new kids on the block who are keeping these two on their toes.

It’s a cracker. You’ll get more use out of it than most!

I used to prefer AT&T, but was dabbling with loads to try find the perfect one, H20 was always (I thought) cracking value for money, but never seemed as fast as I wanted.

Hmmm... you might have to buy new Apple phone then. How about that?

Thank fuck I'm on an Android device.;)
Android has many faults, but the.blatany cynicism and opportunism of Apple staggered me.

I have an "Elephone", 64 GB, dual SIM, Android 7, light as a feather, thin as a ballet dancer, fast as a Japanese racing snake. All for.£125. People laugh at it because it comes from the far East. Where the devil do they think all of the others come from?

Mobile snobbery.

People were saying this 5 year ago but people keep buying into it.

They were saying the golden age of phone evolution was over 5 years ago were they?

I'd go for about 2013 with the Touch ID on the 5S. The form factor is pretty settled now though.

I bought a new phone a couple of years ago too and I suspect it went be my last either. Doesn't disprove the point though. The rapid evolution of the smartphone from 2002ish is pretty much over. Apple are now touting this new phone as having the processing power of a MacBook. They'll still be saying it's too dated to support iOS 16 or whatever in a few years time, even though we'll all still just be using email, internet, Score Hero and iPlayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back