iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

No different than people obsessing and comparing cars. Getting just as expensive too
Don't do that neither. To me a phone is a phone and nothing more. Watching the lads at work constantly looking at their phones on Facebook instead of making conversation or on nights out seeing groups of lasses more bothered about taking selfies of the night out than actually enjoying It. It's as if they can't have a good night unless everyone else knows about it as well. Sorry just being an old fart living in the past and I promised I would never do that!

Its completely different

How? Unless you have a really shit one, every car will get you where you are going, can do 30 in a 30 zone and can rattle along at 70 on the motorway. Unless you break the law a lot, a 15 year old Corsa will take you on a 300 mile trip in roughly the same time as a top of the range BMW. What is different is the price, efficiency and other features such as comfort.

A £100 android will do the same basic features as a £1000 iPhone. Both can access the internet, make calls, send texts, take pictures etc, but there are clearly other things you are going to get with the more expensive iPhone.

People will sit and have heated arguments about how one car is better than another, now people will about phones. The only difference is that cars have a 'real bloke' image to them, phones don't.

Very odd this, but since I've updated my iPad with this latest software update, I cannot get on the Ready To Go page, it tries to load but freezes, half the page loaded but cannot tap on any of the tabs (Pure Football, etc), even tried reloading and it freezes during the reload. I have tried doing a iPad reset, clearing the safari memory, etc. But still nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions, or encountered similar problems?

Very odd this, but since I've updated my iPad with this latest software update, I cannot get on the Ready To Go page, it tries to load but freezes, half the page loaded but cannot tap on any of the tabs (Pure Football, etc), even tried reloading and it freezes during the reload. I have tried doing a iPad reset, clearing the safari memory, etc. But still nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions, or encountered similar problems?

Strange, only this site as well?

Try Chrome browser, is that the same?

(What ipad btw?)

The Chronicle website as well is very slow and jerky when loading.

Everything that I regularly go on all work fine.

Think I'm currently using an ipad 3.

That ipad wont be supported mate, support is only from the Air models I think. So technically it shouldn't have installed.

Check in settings, in about what does it show as software version?

that's got fcuk all to do with iOS - its slow & heavy on any device i use, terrible advertising banners up & down plus video add-ons make it too clunky for a lot of devices.

Aye that would explain it if it was just graphic intensive sites, but it happens on here for him which couldn't be less graphically intensive.

i have an iPhone but don't know much about them , other than it hasn't been backed up for ages as I need to buy more space in iCloud and I haven't updated to the latest ios thing yet ,

Are these things necessary?

Yes I'm fkin clueless

Grown men/women arguing whose phone has the best operating system and getting excited about updates to said operating system.
I love technology and my phones but they never go with me on social occasions. The wife takes hers just for taxis and that's it...

i have an iPhone but don't know much about them , other than it hasn't been backed up for ages as I need to buy more space in iCloud and I haven't updated to the latest ios thing yet ,

Are these things necessary?

Yes I'm fkin clueless
Set it up to backup when it's connected to Wifi, you don't need to worry about it after that. Also, iCloud space is cheap as chips so yes, go for that too.

Not sure about iOS as I don't know what model you have.

Thought as much, so if he does have the iPad 3rd gen, he will be on a version of iOS 9 as well...

@Dark Traveller Try chrome, see how that performs. You will struggle with highly graphics intensive sites with loads of ads, but that doesn't explain why this place runs slow.

I’ve downloaded the Chrome app to my iPad and SMB running ok using that. And to clarify my earlier statement, the site doesn’t run slow, it just simply freezes and it’s impossible to nagivate anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back