iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read older apps won't work on it.

Plus I use a 6 and the new iOS normally slow the older phones down to a point it's unusable
I have an iPad that was ruined by upgrades and you can't go back with apple. Its a canny scam to get you to buy a new device and that's what I did, i bought a Samsung.

I think the whole Apple/Android debate is daft, I've had both and enjoyed both. But I've always found Apple to be spot on. Had my iPod Nano about 12 year now and it still works. My iPhone 6 is also the first phone I've had where I've been able to move to a sim-only deal when my contracts expired and it's taken a right battering. :cool:pple.

For me, the debate is just around the price. I suppose the major thing is that Apple do not do a cheap lower spec phone where there are plenty of cheap Android phones out there. I'm not a big phone user, so I honestly don't think I would get any more out of a £1k phone than I do from my £150 phone. But that is just me.

I know I don't get all wound up about the IOS / Android debate. In the space of an hour this morning, I did some stuff on my ipad, stuff on my android phone then did my main work on my linux desktop with a remote windows desktop as I needed to do a couple of quick edits on a excel spreadsheet. Certainly I don't see a lot of use difference between IOS and Android. Launch apps in the same way, go too settings to config. Tap the multi-task icon on android to switch apps, rather than a 4 finger swipe up on IOS. Very little difference in the main. That is why people can't really point to much difference and come back with phrases such as 'more fluid'.

I have an iPad that was ruined by upgrades and you can't go back with apple. Its a canny scam to get you to buy a new device and that's what I did, i bought a Samsung.

I just replaced my 1st gen iPad mini for a similar reason. It only had half a gig of memory. OS updates and the increasing bloated apps pushed it over the edge. That and being stuck on IOS 9, which many apps are dropping support for, means I had to upgrade.

I have upgraded every android phone I have owned for exactly the same reason.

Last edited:
For me, the debate is just around the price. I suppose the major thing is that Apple do not do a cheap lower spec phone where there are plenty of cheap Android phones out there. I'm not a big phone user, so I honestly don't think I would get any more out of a £1k phone than I do from my £150 phone. But that is just me.

I know I don't get all wound up about the IOS / Android debate. In the space of an hour this morning, I did some stuff on my ipad, stuff on my android phone then did my main work on my linux desktop with a remote windows desktop as I needed to do a couple of quick edits on a excel spreadsheet. Certainly I don't see a lot of use difference between IOS and Android. Launch apps in the same way, go too settings to config. Tap the multi-task icon on android to switch apps, rather than a 4 finger swipe up on IOS. Very little difference in the main. That is why people can't really point to much difference and come back with phrases such as 'more fluid'.

I just replaced my 1st gen iPad mini for a similar reason. It only had half a gig of memory. OS updates and the increasing bloated apps pushed it over the edge. That and being stuck on IOS 9, which many apps are dropping support for, means I had to upgrade.

I've never had problems with android upgrades just apple. I bought my wife an iPad mini 2 and that's fine for now. She doesn't use a lot of apps so will resist upgrades for it.

Last edited:

No one has ever been able to specify exactly what this means whenever I've asked. Just a go-go term for people want to sound like they know their stuff.

Isn’t ICT a core subject like math/english/science?
No, it's only required until Y9 and then kids can drop it.

Because it doesn’t need explaining. It’s quite simple?

Clunky vs fluid
Less clunky vs more clunky
Smoother vs less smooth
Etc
They both work as fluidly as each other then. I've never had issues moving from app to app or page to page on either so how is 'fluidity' a selling point? It's an empty phrase. Sounds pretty cool, though.

They both work as fluidly as each other then. I've never had issues moving from app to app or page to page on either so how is 'fluidity' a selling point? It's an empty phrase. Sounds pretty cool, though.

Android often gets laggy and slows down, sometimes switching apps you get slight freezes, scrolling isn’t always as smooth, gets a bit stutter at times. Pinch and zoom isn’t always great, double tap to focus/zoom doesnt always work properly (guess cos of the zillion different specs) etc etc..

android offers lots more, but suffers lots more as well because of this.

Android often gets laggy and slows down, sometimes switching apps you get slight freezes, scrolling isn’t always as smooth, gets a bit stutter at times. Pinch and zoom isn’t always great, double tap to focus/zoom doesnt always work properly (guess cos of the zillion different specs) etc etc..

android offers lots more, but suffers lots more as well because of this.
Load of shite from my experience. I've had an iPad and Nexus 7, both were almost identical. I will say that my iPad ground to a halt and became nigh on unusable whereas my Nexus ran quite steadily until the charge port gave in. I'm now on a shitty Huawei and I've never had any noticeable 'fluidity' issues.

Imagine thinking Apple have bricked your device because you’ve upgraded

Then getting a different device from a different manufacturer and thinking it’ll be different

:lol:

Imagine thinking Apple have bricked your device because you’ve upgraded

Then getting a different device from a different manufacturer and thinking it’ll be different

:lol:
Imagine nicking somebody else's patter because you have none of your own. Come back dangermows all is forgiven.:lol:
Had the Samsung a few years now and no bother at all after upgrades.
Google iPads being slow after upgrades it has happened to loads. Apple know older devices can't handle the new operating systems but they don't give a fuck.
That's another fanboy I've upset.:lol:

Load of shite from my experience. I've had an iPad and Nexus 7, both were almost identical. I will say that my iPad ground to a halt and became nigh on unusable whereas my Nexus ran quite steadily until the charge port gave in. I'm now on a shitty Huawei and I've never had any noticeable 'fluidity' issues.

Shouldn’t accept 2nd best man, just say no ;)

You'll have to explain the irony because I can't see any.
I take it you're an apple fanboy and I've said something that's upset or narked you?

Not a “fanboy”

Love Apple
Love android
Prefer Apple overall

Regarding upgrades the irony was that the company you prefer, Samsung, doesnt even give the current android software to devices 2yrs old...ie S6, S6 edge.. apple still suppport 4yr old devices.

Imagine nicking somebody else's patter because you have none of your own. Come back dangermows all is forgiven.:lol:
Had the Samsung a few years now and no bother at all after upgrades.
Google iPads being slow after upgrades it has happened to loads. Apple know older devices can't handle the new operating systems but they don't give a fuck.
That's another fanboy I've upset.:lol:

We don’t even get half the upgrades on android!

Saying that Oneplus are doing a stern job recently...loads of updates coming in a nice steady flow. Unlike Samsung.

Last edited:
I upgraded this morning and so far have had no problems. I hate the new keyboard graphics with numbers above the letters. God knows what benefit that is supposed to bring.

I don’t like the bar floating around the bottom of the main screen. It looked fine before. It just seems to be change for the sake of change to piss people off, slow down their current devices and make them upgrade.

I have an iPad pro and a galaxy s8.. I think the best thing to do is back up device and factory reset once a year to get rid of all the shite. Updated to iso11 and apart from the bottom bar and the keyboard (that I don't like ) it's all the same!!

I upgraded this morning and so far have had no problems. I hate the new keyboard graphics with numbers above the letters. God knows what benefit that is supposed to bring.

I don’t like the bar floating around the bottom of the main screen. It looked fine before. It just seems to be change for the sake of change to piss people off, slow down their current devices and make them upgrade.
I can't work out how to use this new keyboard like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back