iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

daugher did it on her 6s and now its fucked. screen doesnt work. tried a reset etc.

she is despairing at school with no phone.

never be first to get the downloads I told her... do they listen.

told her to go to Apple store and let them fuckers who say it just works sort it out

As opposed to Samsung, where you can of course run the lastest version of Android on an S3.

Can’t even run it on their models less than 2 years old! :lol: S6, S6 edge etc...madness.

daugher did it on her 6s and now its fucked. screen doesnt work. tried a reset etc.

she is despairing at school with no phone.

never be first to get the downloads I told her... do they listen.

told her to go to Apple store and let them fuckers who say it just works sort it out

She hasn’t sneakily dropped it or something has she? Screen not working wouldn’t be something that would be software I’d imagine...especially after trying a reset!

And do you mean doesnt work as in doesnt show anything or doesnt respond etc?

Can’t even run it on their models less than 2 years old! :lol: S6, S6 edge etc...madness.

She hasn’t sneakily dropped it or something has she? Screen not working wouldn’t be something that would be software I’d imagine...especially after trying a reset!

And do you mean doesnt work as in doesnt show anything or doesnt respond etc?

home buttone works etc. a google tells me she isnt alone in this bug

doesnt respond

limited to what I know as I just keep getting messages through from her mates phone

https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-fix-iphone-ipad-touch-screen-issues.htm

Imagine getting all worked up about one company or another. :lol: I get by perfectly well without a mobile phone at all. £800-£1000 for a device to check Facebook, man.

I think the whole Apple/Android debate is daft, I've had both and enjoyed both. But I've always found Apple to be spot on. Had my iPod Nano about 12 year now and it still works. My iPhone 6 is also the first phone I've had where I've been able to move to a sim-only deal when my contracts expired and it's taken a right battering. :cool:pple.
Makes me laugh - firstly, why would anyone feel so much loyalty and get so passionate about a phone, and secondly, why get so aggressive towards somebody who prefers a different phone to you?

There's a group a gimpy people who religiously worship everything Apple do, but there's an even bigger group (imo) who slate everything Apple regardless without realising the irony.

Had both Apple and Android over the years and liked them both, but I changed from the iPhone 6 to the S7 this year and regret it. But each to their own

home buttone works etc. a google tells me she isnt alone in this bug

doesnt respond

limited to what I know as I just keep getting messages through from her mates phone

https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-fix-iphone-ipad-touch-screen-issues.htm

When you say you reset it, do you mean a plugin to iTunes and restore the software reset?

Tell her to try and press and hold power and home....Keep them pressed till she sees the Apple logo, see if that helps.

If not, do similar when home (and plugged into computer with iTunes via usb), power and home for 10 secs, then release power and keep home pressed till iTunes detects phone in recovery mode.

Then press restore, this will download fresh software and re-load it, then she needs to restore from her backup (if she doesnt have a backup, do a backup first in iTunes before doing the above...it will then be faster than restoring from an iCloud backup anyway)

When you say you reset it, do you mean a plugin to iTunes and restore the software reset?

Tell her to try and press and hold power and home....Keep them pressed till she sees the Apple logo, see if that helps.

If not, do similar when home (and plugged into computer with iTunes via usb), power and home for 10 secs, then release power and keep home pressed till iTunes detects phone in recovery mode.

Then press restore, this will download fresh software and re-load it, then she needs to restore from her backup (if she doesnt have a backup, do a backup first in iTunes before doing the above...it will then be faster than restoring from an iCloud backup anyway)

she is at school with her macbook so hopefully she will try some of that in her break. if not I'll have a fanny around at home tonight

And they probably have WiFi as well!

Best we had was a sneaky session of DOOM on the old 486’s...

For the rest of the time it was writing 8008135 on a calculator or something :lol:

yep they have wifi

she is in 6th form and they do a lot of work now on their computers. free periods in the day and stuff too

she only got the macbook this week. first day it is in school to be fair

yep they have wifi

she is in 6th form and they do a lot of work now on their computers. free periods in the day and stuff too

she only got the macbook this week. first day it is in school to be fair

Aye it’s all changed I guess haha...but for the better, technology is mint.

Imagine getting all worked up about one company or another. :lol: I get by perfectly well without a mobile phone at all. £800-£1000 for a device to check Facebook, man.

I bet you don’t. I bet you just say you do because you don’t want to admit it’s a fuck on not having one.

I completely get not wanting to spend a fortune on one, but not having one at all unless you’re a young child or a old person that thinks a calculator is science fiction is just making life difficult for yourself.

I bet you don’t. I bet you just say you do because you don’t want to admit it’s a fuck on not having one.

I completely get not wanting to spend a fortune on one, but not having one at all unless you’re a young child or a old person that thinks a calculator is science fiction is just making life difficult for yourself.
Nope, I've truthfully had no issues whatsoever. I've never been big on phones to begin with but this sudden claim that you need one to survive is total bollocks. My career allows me access to computers at any time and I get by just fine using them instead of a device in my pocket. The need to contact someone or be contacted at any time doesn't really appeal to me. What am I missing out on by not having one? The ability to walk oblivious down the street like a zombie, checking something that can wait till I get home? All the money I save on not having a phone I put towards things I find much more worthwhile, such as travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back