iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn’t accept 2nd best man, just say no ;)

Not a “fanboy”

Love Apple
Love android
Prefer Apple overall

Regarding upgrades the irony was that the company you prefer, Samsung, doesnt even give the current android software to devices 2yrs old...ie S6, S6 edge.. apple still suppport 4yr old devices.

We don’t even get half the upgrades on android!

Saying that Oneplus are doing a stern job recently...loads of updates coming in a nice steady flow. Unlike Samsung.
I still can't see why that's ironic to what I said. Never mind.
I don't have a Samsung phone but maybe they don't want you to put an operating system on your phone that it won't work very well with. Unlike apple.
I have a Chinese phone with a custom ROM and that's the beauty of android. You can more or less put on it what you want again unlike apple.
I've had a couple of android tablets, a Microsoft surface and four iPads. The iPad original was my favourite of all the devices the surface is rubbish. The Samsung isn't as good as an iPad but the Samsung so far is bullet proof. Doubt I'll buy any more iPads the price us now stupid. As somebody called it"apples sucker tax."

Imagine nicking somebody else's patter because you have none of your own. Come back dangermows all is forgiven.:lol:
Had the Samsung a few years now and no bother at all after upgrades.
Google iPads being slow after upgrades it has happened to loads. Apple know older devices can't handle the new operating systems but they don't give a fuck.
That's another fanboy I've upset.:lol:

Well if people are saying their iPads are slow following an update then it must be true

Must also be true if they say the same about Samsung...

https://thedroidguy.com/2017/06/sam...ing-slow-update-troubleshooting-guide-1073515

Oh no!

Sounds like Samsung aren’t the saints you seem to think!

I don't have a Samsung phone but maybe they don't want you to put an operating system on your phone that it won't work very well with. Unlike apple.
I have a Chinese phone with a custom ROM and that's the beauty of android. You can more or less put on it what you want again unlike apple.
I've had a couple of android tablets, a Microsoft surface and four iPads. The iPad original was my favourite of all the devices the surface is rubbish. The Samsung isn't as good as an iPad but the Samsung so far is bullet proof. Doubt I'll buy any more iPads the price us now stupid. As somebody called it"apples sucker tax."

Both iPads and Samsung tablets are of similar price

You’re an Android fanboy man

“...that’s the beauty of Android”

Android often gets laggy and slows down, sometimes switching apps you get slight freezes, scrolling isn’t always as smooth, gets a bit stutter at times. Pinch and zoom isn’t always great, double tap to focus/zoom doesnt always work properly (guess cos of the zillion different specs) etc etc..

android offers lots more, but suffers lots more as well because of this.

In other words, you can get cheap Android phones that don't work as well as more expensive Android phones. Well fuck me.

Liking the two app screen on the iPad. The watch has also had a software update that gives some of the features of the new watch.

Well if people are saying their iPads are slow following an update then it must be true

Must also be true if they say the same about Samsung...

https://thedroidguy.com/2017/06/sam...ing-slow-update-troubleshooting-guide-1073515

Oh no!

Both iPads and Samsung tablets are of similar price

You’re an Android fanboy man

“...that’s the beauty of Android”
Where did I say they were saints and having control is the beauty of android over apple sorry like.:lol:
I don't even like Samsung I bought it because it has a physical home button same as an ipad. I'd previously had an Android tablet that didn't have the button and I didn't particularly like it.
You're clearly one of those strange people who get upset if your favourite brand gets slated. Its a f***ing device man, get a life.:lol:

Where did I say they were saints and having control is the beauty of android over apple sorry like.:lol:
I don't even like Samsung I bought it because it has a physical home button same as an ipad. I'd previously had an Android tablet that didn't have the button and I didn't particularly like it.
You're clearly one of those strange people who get upset if your favourite brand gets slated. Its a f***ing device man, get a life.:lol:

I’m not upset at all

You did just say “the beauty of Android” though

In the post I quoted

Load of shite from my experience. I've had an iPad and Nexus 7, both were almost identical. I will say that my iPad ground to a halt and became nigh on unusable whereas my Nexus ran quite steadily until the charge port gave in. I'm now on a shitty Huawei and I've never had any noticeable 'fluidity' issues.

I really don't understand all this phone worship and oneupmanship. I'm happy with my 2 yo moderately priced Chinese phone. I'll probably get another two years out of it. Couldn't give a baldy bollock if it takes an extra 20ms every 5 mins to do something. It's a f***ing phone not Mission Control.

At the end of the day, its all a con to get us to spend loads....and we all do cause tech is great!

Just annoys me how hit and miss it is to get updates on android, but there’s the flip side, with it being more open you can tend to get a custom rom, but then that opens up potential issues. No perfect world really.

The surface i really wanted to like, tried 3 now and they’ve never lasted long.

I’m not upset at all

You did just say “the beauty of Android” though

In the post I quoted
You took it completely out of context. That's the beauty of is a common saying just means something is versatile, useful, whatever. It's in the dictionary.
I'm with Billy Rocket on this. I've got a Chinese phone with a custom rom and I'm happy with that. I don't take out contracts I have an unlimited data rolling contract with 3 which costs nothing compared to today's prices when you get a phone included with your contract. I know that method is convenient for some but I prefer to buy my own phone.

You took it completely out of context. That's the beauty of is a common saying just means something is versatile, useful, whatever. It's in the dictionary.
I'm with Billy Rocket on this. I've got a Chinese phone with a custom rom and I'm happy with that. I don't take out contracts I have an unlimited data rolling contract with 3 which costs nothing compared to today's prices when you get a phone included with your contract. I know that method is convenient for some but I prefer to buy my own phone.

If someone produces a better handset that can seamlessly run iOS, comes with iOS preinstalled and works just as well as a native iOS device with my iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch then I might consider getting something that isn't Apple.

As it stands this 6S is brand new and will do me until at least 2020.

That's the beauty of iPhones. I've never had one break on me, though I have broken about four, maybe five.

At the end of the day, its all a con to get us to spend loads....and we all do cause tech is great!

Just annoys me how hit and miss it is to get updates on android, but there’s the flip side, with it being more open you can tend to get a custom rom, but then that opens up potential issues. No perfect world really.

The surface i really wanted to like, tried 3 now and they’ve never lasted long.
I've had my surface since just after they came out and reliability hasn't been a problem. What has been a problem is how slow it is on the Web mainly when swiping a page back how long it takes to refresh the page.
I also wanted to like it, the big screen, Microsoft office included and full size USB were the reasons I bought it.
I hate the magnetic charger and Windows RT is shite. I thought I'd be able to use it like a pc but I was wrong. Should have done more research really before buying.

If someone produces a better handset that can seamlessly run iOS, comes with iOS preinstalled and works just as well as a native iOS device with my iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch then I might consider getting something that isn't Apple.

As it stands this 6S is brand new and will do me until at least 2020.

That's the beauty of iPhones. I've never had one break on me, though I have broken about four, maybe five.
Both my kids have iPhones but I don't like them. I like apples tablets but not their phones and I refuse to pay the price for them now anyway.

Last edited:
I upgraded this morning and so far have had no problems. I hate the new keyboard graphics with numbers above the letters. God knows what benefit that is supposed to bring.

I don’t like the bar floating around the bottom of the main screen. It looked fine before. It just seems to be change for the sake of change to piss people off, slow down their current devices and make them upgrade.

It gives you quicker access to the ‘shift’ functions. Like if you want to type a 6 then drag down on y. If you dont like it, you can still use the .?123 button. In settings, general, keyboard, disable key flicks to be rid.

If there's one thing that's become apparent to me in the last 3-4 years around smartphones, Samsung and Apple are 2 sides of the same coin. People saying things like "Not letting apple rob me anymore, so I've bought a top of the range samsung galaxy whatever" are missing the point entirely.

The age of top-end phones is over. There's no need for them whatsoever. The featureset changes before the CPUs on mid-range phones are ever pushed, and the need to upgrade comes from things like better battery life, cameras, and software updates etc, more than it does because "my phone got slow".

£300-500 per year on a phone is throwing money away these days. £300 to buy the phone outright is the sweetspot imo - you get the midrange CPU and a decent handset (rather than a budget CPU, which are poor, and a phone made cheaply)

Seems to be looking ok for me so far.
I'm happy with it, but I think when my phone finally gives up the ghost I might go back to Android.
I miss being able to easily put a ringtone on or take photos off without having to piss about with iCloud etc.

If there's one thing that's become apparent to me in the last 3-4 years around smartphones, Samsung and Apple are 2 sides of the same coin. People saying things like "Not letting apple rob me anymore, so I've bought a top of the range samsung galaxy whatever" are missing the point entirely.

The age of top-end phones is over. There's no need for them whatsoever. The featureset changes before the CPUs on mid-range phones are ever pushed, and the need to upgrade comes from things like better battery life, cameras, and software updates etc, more than it does because "my phone got slow".

£300-500 per year on a phone is throwing money away these days. £300 to buy the phone outright is the sweetspot imo - you get the midrange CPU and a decent handset (rather than a budget CPU, which are poor, and a phone made cheaply)

I agree completely mate. I’ve just had (for the first time ever i may add) a moment the other day where I decided, I don’t need to change my 7 Plus....it’s, for me, the perfect device still!

The new 8/X offer 4K 60fps which tempts me but I don’t shoot enough video properly for it to matter..and what i have now shoots unbelievable quality videos still!

I dunno of i’m Proud of myself, or letting myself down here :lol::lol:

Seems to be looking ok for me so far.
I'm happy with it, but I think when my phone finally gives up the ghost I might go back to Android.
I miss being able to easily put a ringtone on or take photos off without having to piss about with iCloud etc.

You don’t need iCloud to take photos off mate. Either send them via airdrop (if to a mac) or just plugin the same as android, open up the drive which is automatically mounted and copy your photos off.

A ringtone!? Wow, didn’t even realise people did that still haha... but anyway, there’s probably easy ways if I had to guess, bet it’s simpler than you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
A ringtone!? Wow, didn’t even realise people did that still haha... but anyway, there’s probably easy ways if I had to guess, bet it’s simpler than you think.
I assume he means setting a certain song to be his phone ring. And maybe having custom songs for different people.

What happens if someone calls you? Just the standard ring that came with your phone?

Aye standard ring, or vibrate.

Just looked you can assign custom ringtones to individuals easily enough and there’s loads of apps to set your own ringtones, download them, create from your mp3’s Or iTunes music etc.

It’s the old cliche, there’s an app for that.

Reactions: PTR
Aye standard ring, or vibrate.

Just looked you can assign custom ringtones to individuals easily enough and there’s loads of apps to set your own ringtones, download them, create from your mp3’s Or iTunes music etc.

It’s the old cliche, there’s an app for that.
See, its just part of standard Android, same for notifications. For a while, you weren't allowed to do it on IOS IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back