Inside the Freemasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there? Thought there was only that big one behind the civic/mowbray park. Where's the other?
If you're serious about wanting to see inside, there is an open day planned on the 24th June. Both of the Sunderland halls should be open for a few hours on the day.

Cant be bothered to read about this freemasons shite but has jimmy saville been mentioned yet.

you will progress your business better by advertising in the media. its a wider audience.

if you think joining the Masons will give you a 'leg up' (no pun intended) think again.

you will meet a lot of nice people, but in reality its just a big social club.

they are massively into donating/raising for charity, and are very benevolent in looking after their own members. But not in the way youre thinking.

good luck in finding a sponsor for your membership

Being in the masons gives you a leg up - fact.

Last edited:
Cant be bothered to read about this freemasons shite but has jimmy saville been mentioned yet.

Being in the masons gives you a leg up - fact.

Logon or register to see this image

What about Saville and his Freemason connections? Saville was connected to Royalty and the political elite too. They are all tarnished with his dirty stains.

you could do the same with a load of other trades

these men all have one thing in common

they are all Plumbers

Agreed but I'm talking about the Police. Why should you need to join a secret society if you happen to be a copper? Or fireman or politician for that matter?

Last edited:
Logon or register to see this image

What about Saville and his Freemason connections? Saville was connected to Royalty and the political elite too. They are all tarnished with his dirty stains.

Agreed but I'm talking about the Police. Why should you need to join a secret society if you happen to be a copper? Or fireman or politician for that matter?

My dad joined the masons after he retired as a policeman. It was for the social side, the charity, and he likes dressing up in pinnies. Those reasons would have been the same if he was still working, and are the same for people in other jobs.

My Dad had been in when he was younger. Even though you're supposed to be in for life, he quit them cos, according to me Mam, the whole purpose was that these were supposed to be gents of a higher moral standing but the bloke who was next up to be worshipful master was a right seedy bastard so me Dad hoyed in his cards. He still had the little suitcase with the gloves and pinny.

After he died me Mam asked a bloke she knew who was in, what to do with his regalia. The bloke had said to keep it in case me or me brothers wanted to join, as it was a bit of a 'thing' for sons to inherit and wear their Dad's kit.

All well and good but since it's supposed to be a secret society and membership, and what they actually do is supposed to be confidential, how would I ever know if I wanted to join, and since you're not supposed to ask, how would anyone know if I was interested in joining. It never went any further, I moved over here and I don't know what happened to the kit.

Here in America it's not nearly so secret mind. You see people wearing Masonic rings, pendants, belt buckles ... even bumper stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back