Inside the Freemasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad had been in when he was younger. Even though you're supposed to be in for life, he quit them cos, according to me Mam, the whole purpose was that these were supposed to be gents of a higher moral standing but the bloke who was next up to be worshipful master was a right seedy bastard so me Dad hoyed in his cards. He still had the little suitcase with the gloves and pinny.

After he died me Mam asked a bloke she knew who was in, what to do with his regalia. The bloke had said to keep it in case me or me brothers wanted to join, as it was a bit of a 'thing' for sons to inherit and wear their Dad's kit.

All well and good but since it's supposed to be a secret society and membership, and what they actually do is supposed to be confidential, how would I ever know if I wanted to join, and since you're not supposed to ask, how would anyone know if I was interested in joining. It never went any further, I moved over here and I don't know what happened to the kit.

Here in America it's not nearly so secret mind. You see people wearing Masonic rings, pendants, belt buckles ... even bumper stickers.

Its not anywhere as secret as people make out. I know loads in my local and another pub I drink in. They don't hids the fact they are in and indedd as you say might wear a ring or a necklace or whatever.

and I think you can happily ask to join. doesn't have to be by invite

Logon or register to see this image

Agreed but I'm talking about the Police. Why should you need to join a secret society if you happen to be a copper? Or fireman or politician for that matter?

well why would you join it if you are any other trade or don't have a trade even.

its as much a social club as anything else that has a load of ritual around it

what a load of....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughly-wizard-outfits.html?wb48617274=6CDAD4DF

nowt to do with freemasonry. even the mail gets it correct

The American and Russian presidents were wearing traditional silk Vietnamese robes to mark the end of the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Hanoi, along with the leaders of 19 other countries.

It has become the custom to try on the host country's traditional costume.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-417395/Bush-Putins-thoroughly-wizard-outfits.html#ixzz4fAA82xLz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
Its not anywhere as secret as people make out. I know loads in my local and another pub I drink in. They don't hids the fact they are in and indedd as you say might wear a ring or a necklace or whatever.

and I think you can happily ask to join. doesn't have to be by invite

well why would you join it if you are any other trade or don't have a trade even.

its as much a social club as anything else that has a load of ritual around it

Is it a choice for coppers though? The husband of one of the girls I work with has just become a copper and one of the 1st things that was mentioned was he has to join the freemasons? Why?

what a load of....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ughly-wizard-outfits.html?wb48617274=6CDAD4DF

nowt to do with freemasonry. even the mail gets it correct

The American and Russian presidents were wearing traditional silk Vietnamese robes to mark the end of the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Hanoi, along with the leaders of 19 other countries.

It has become the custom to try on the host country's traditional costume.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-417395/Bush-Putins-thoroughly-wizard-outfits.html#ixzz4fAA82xLz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Maybe I got the wrong interpretation for that pic but are you saying that elite politicians are not masons?

Is it a choice for coppers though? The husband of one of the girls I work with has just become a copper and one of the 1st things that was mentioned was he has to join the freemasons? Why?

Maybe I got the wrong interpretation for that pic but are you saying that elite politicians are not masons?

far from true. I know quite a few coppers as it happens and only a couple fo them are freemasons.

My brother in law (ex policeman and his ex collegues that I know are not freemasons)

some may be some wont be. the ones I've encountered over the years have come from all sorts of professions. I spent 3 years working in a pub across the road fromt he grand lodge in Covent Garden so I've encountered hundreds over the years.

My brother is a lapsed one. By granddad was one.. he was a busdriver , my uncle was a mechanic and he was one.

hardly the illumanati

Last edited:
My Dad had been in when he was younger. Even though you're supposed to be in for life, he quit them cos, according to me Mam, the whole purpose was that these were supposed to be gents of a higher moral standing but the bloke who was next up to be worshipful master was a right seedy bastard so me Dad hoyed in his cards. He still had the little suitcase with the gloves and pinny.

After he died me Mam asked a bloke she knew who was in, what to do with his regalia. The bloke had said to keep it in case me or me brothers wanted to join, as it was a bit of a 'thing' for sons to inherit and wear their Dad's kit.

All well and good but since it's supposed to be a secret society and membership, and what they actually do is supposed to be confidential, how would I ever know if I wanted to join, and since you're not supposed to ask, how would anyone know if I was interested in joining. It never went any further, I moved over here and I don't know what happened to the kit.

Here in America it's not nearly so secret mind. You see people wearing Masonic rings, pendants, belt buckles ... even bumper stickers.

Apparently it's a lot less secretive than it used to be and it's not a secret society but a society with secrets. That means that the membership isn't secret just bits of the ritual, like the passwords and funny handshake. I've had a few people ask if I'd join but I don't fancy it. The regalia is expensive new, so you'd save a bit using your dad's. The membership isn't secret so people shouldn't hid the fact they're a mason, so if you know one you could just say you're interested in joining, if not you could just send them an e-mail.

http://www.durhamfreemasons.org/

Yes, it's a choice my dad never joined when he was a policeman, partly because he didn't want to be accused of giving favours. Like Epping says there are masons from all jobs and backgrounds. It's far more inclusive than some golf clubs, Rotary clubs, gentleman's clubs etc. Obviously, you don't really know what goes in each level until you get there but if the international elite want to collude with each other they can do it more easily without having to dress up in silly clothes and spend their time learning words for ritual.

Last edited:
far from true. I know quite a few coppers as it happens and only a couple fo them are freemasons.

My brother in law (ex policeman and his ex collegues that I know are not freemasons)

some may be some wont be. the ones I've encountered over the years have come from all sorts of professions. I spent 3 years working in a pub across the road fromt he grand lodge in Covent Garden so I've encountered hundreds over the years.

My brother is a lapsed one. By granddad was one.. he was a busdriver , my uncle was a mechanic and he was one.

hardly the illumanati

:lol: Like I've said, I don't doubt that most masons of the lower order are just normal people networking raising money for charity and so on, but the higher degrees which have the juicy secrets. What degrees were your family?

:lol: Like I've said, I don't doubt that most masons of the lower order are just normal people networking raising money for charity and so on, but the higher degrees which have the juicy secrets. What degrees were your family?

That chart is a thing of beauty!

My Dad was high up in the Masons, 33rd degree was mentioned but he's dead now so I can't ask him!
I've got his white gloves somewhere...

fuck knows...

don't think any of them were all that bothered.

:lol: neither is my mate, can't get passed the 1st degree the lazy get. Apparently you have to memorise whole chapters in Latin or some shit to progress plus sit through boring meetings. At least he has taken advantage though. He had 9 points for speeding and got caught again. Up in front of the magistrate ready to be banned with no excuses, when his lodge wrote a letter and he got off. He only got 2 points instead of 3. I never knew this was even possible :lol:

My Dad was high up in the Masons, 33rd degree was mentioned but he's dead now so I can't ask him!

33rd degree really? I bet he had some stories...

Last edited:
:lol: neither is my mate, can't get passed the 1st degree the lazy get. Apparently you have to memorise whole chapters in Latin or some shit to progress plus sit through boring meetings. At least he has taken advantage though. He had 9 points for speeding and got caught again. Up in front of the magistrate ready to be banned with no excuses, when his lodge wrote a letter and he got off. He only got 2 points instead of 3. I never knew this was even possible :lol:

I don't think its hard to get to be a master mason (3rd degree). some of the lads I know (mainly older) are not the brightest.

its all out on the net to read easy enough. probably better reading some of it than the actual conspiracy side of it.

sounds like bullshit to me

I don't think its hard to get to be a master mason (3rd degree). some of the lads I know (mainly older) are not the brightest.

its all out on the net to read easy enough. probably better reading some of it than the actual conspiracy side of it.

sounds like bullshit to me

Ha'way Epps, where's the fun in that? :lol:

33rd degree really? I bet he had some stories...

I could be wrong, mind! I'll ask my mother (no) but I doubt she'll be any the wiser.

He rarely discussed it TBH, though he really wanted me to join. It was never going to happen, I just don't join things!
Neither the the time nor the will.

It was fascinating looking at all his Masonic stuff when we cleared his wardrobe out. Most of it went to my Brother, also a Mason, as it meant bugger all to me from a symbolic point of view.

I could be wrong, mind! I'll ask my mother (no) but I doubt she'll be any the wiser.

He rarely discussed it TBH, though he really wanted me to join. It was never going to happen, I just don't join things!
Neither the the time nor the will.

It was fascinating looking at all his Masonic stuff when we cleared his wardrobe out. Most of it went to my Brother, also a Mason, as it meant bugger all to me from a symbolic point of view.

33rd is top of the pile. probably would have been employed at grand lodge to be that high up.

Ha'way Epps, where's the fun in that? :lol:

you should join and then you could spill the beans. nowt stopping you as long as you are a fine upstanding member of society

If you want an actual Masonic conspiracy, there's the P2 lodge in Italy. Though, I think that says more about Italian politics than masons. Italy is the place to look for conspiracy theories with a bit of substance to them, see Operation Gladio and Strategy of Tension and actual false flag terrorist attacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_Fontana_bombing

I've been a Mason since 1988 and have only met a small number 33rs including one from my lodge. It takes some time and effort to manage that though you can still manage it without being spectacularly high in the organisation.

I've been a Mason since 1988 and have only met a small number 33rs including one from my lodge. It takes some time and effort to manage that though you can still manage it without being spectacularly high in the organisation.

all interesting. out of interest what degree are you if you don't mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back